Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Buchla ID700 dropped on iOS (Jonathan Schatz, modosc designs)

Comments

• edited May 2019

@Max23 said:
    ^^ that doesnt work for me. everything gets really weird for me when I try to do that for UI things.
    when I do it with an colorful UI it looks to me like a kid that has been playing with lego, it actually can makes things worse. nothing I could look at for a longer period of time without getting eye strain, dark stuff gets blinding white ...
    its really a different world if you see colors different than other ppl.
    I remember talking a walk with my ex bf and I said oh look at that pink house and he said what pink house? there is no pink house here. are you tripping? So I pointed at it. He said it was grey. :D
    But its no problem if ppl make decent color choices for their UI. :)

whoever thought it was a good idea to use red & green for traffic lights must have come out of a cave from the stonage. >:) I can tell from the order they are arranged what color it may be.
    10% of males with European genetics have red/green blindness.
    makes a bad electrician, I blow things up :D

It would also seem to be a be a real hindrance in defusing bombs.
    "Cut the green wire! Green! Green!"

• edited May 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Max23 said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@Max23 said:
    ^^ that doesnt work for me. everything gets really weird for me when I try to do that for UI things.
    when I do it with an colorful UI it looks to me like a kid that has been playing with lego, it actually can makes things worse. nothing I could look at for a longer period of time without getting eye strain, dark stuff gets blinding white ...
    I remember talking a walk with my ex bf and I said oh look at that pink house and he said what pink house? there is no pink house here. are you tripping? So I pointed at it. He said it was grey. :D

whoever thought it was a good idea to use red & green for traffic lights must have come out of a cave from the stonage. >:) I can tell from the order they are arranged what color it may be.

boom :D
    btw. who is the guy on the right in your avatar?
    on the left is Lou Reed.

Pretty sure that's Ronnie Van Zant of Lynyrd Skynyrd.

• Thanks for visiting. Any sense of the timeframe for the software?

it's feature complete right now, i'm just dealing with host-specific bugs and documentation. this isn't my full-time gig so things are moving slower than i'd like but hopefully within the next 2 months.

Is this going to be AU? I surely hope so, because non AU on ios nowadays is almost like standalone only(no vst or au) on desktop

it should work that way - i haven't started testing in various ios hosts yet because it's painful to debug but ideally yes.

How will the get the LSD into the app?

in-app purchasing i suppose.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @jolico said:

User tab?

• @modosc said:

in-app purchasing i suppose.

I'm Leary of that sort of in-app purchase.

• edited May 2019

@Max23 said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@Max23 said:

on the left is Lou Reed.

@Max23 said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@Max23 said:

on the left is Lou Reed.

It is Ronnie Van Zant.
    The two actually had much in common. Seriously.
    I love that photo.

• Is this going to be AU? I surely hope so, because non AU on ios nowadays is almost like standalone only(no vst or au) on desktop

i tested this yesterday in garageband on an ipad. it definitely runs but the ui is squished and unusable. seems like that's just how it goes in garageband according to this thread:

https://intua.net/forums/index.php?p=/discussion/7178/auv3-ui-scaling-issues

i'm probably going to punt dealing with scaling various ios hosts until i get the first release out, it seems like there's a lot of variables.

• edited June 2019

How is this tasty prospect coming along?

• I wonder what has become of this project

• I signed up to help beta test it, and then communication dropped off completely. I hope everything's ok.

• @TheOriginalPaulB said:

@jolico said:

User tab?

😂 Quality.

• it's still happening. hope to have a communication update out this week.

• Boosting for awesomeness.

• @modosc said:
    it's still happening. hope to have a communication update out this week.

so glad to hear it!

• @palms said:

@modosc said:

so glad to hear it!

+1

• @JeffChasteen said:

@Max23 said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@Max23 said:

on the left is Lou Reed.

@Max23 said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@Max23 said:

on the left is Lou Reed.

It is Ronnie Van Zant.
    The two actually had much in common. Seriously.
    I love that photo.

Wow, really?
    The Velvet Underground-Lynyrd Skynyrd connection is a weird find in a Buchla thread!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @modosc said:

Fantastic!

• Nothing yet....

• @OnfraySin said:
    Nothing yet....

It is in beta testing. It is a fairly major undertaking -- the synth it is implementing is quite complex and the dev is trying to do it justice.

• @jonmoore said:

Blimey, that reminds me of one of my weirder computer music purchases from much later (1998). The Yamaha SW1000XG. The thing that was cool about it was that you could attach a daughter board which could be a VL physical modeling synth, a 6 operator FM synth, an AN1X based virtual analog or even a Vocoder! I plumped for the VL as I'd just purchased a Nord Modular and still owned a DX7IIFD which were dirt cheap in the early nineties due to everybody chasing analogs.

The https://www.musicradar.com/news/blast-from-the-past-yamaha-sw1000xg

I still have my SW1000XG and it's in working condition.
    It's especially good when stacking the sounds together.
    The onboard effects are quite extensive as well.
    I got it in lieu of payment for a remix I had done.

• My apologies.

The Yamaha caught my eye.

Is this app still happening or has development totally stopped?

• @Gravitas said:
    My apologies.

The Yamaha caught my eye.

Is this app still happening or has development totally stopped?

Still in development. The dev realized that the u.i. was too cramped and needed some reorganization to work on the iPad.

• @espiegel123

Good to know.

Nice one.

• edited March 2020

Any news on this? Listening to the new single by Boyz Noize titled „Buchla 100“ brought this back to my mind

• the ios version will launch on april 12, preorders are up now on the app store:

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1482698043

• Pre-Ordered! 🙌🏽