Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audio interface input -> Effect app -> Loopy HD -> Audio interface output

Hey! So im really wanting to play around with live looping, and i've got Audiobus, loopy HD and apps like Vocalive and Harmony Voice. But i can only choose Loopy HD OR the audio interface output as output. So i can't connect everything with my Irig Pro Duo. I'm also new and i hope that im just missing something. Does anyone know what i mean or even how to help?

Comments

• It appears you will need to send everything through Loopy HD and learn to use it to
    route audio to the audio interface output. That's a lot like every Looping Hardware pedal
    works. You always have a live signal and you use the hardware (Loopy HD) to add recorded loops to that live signal.

Now you can also probably use one of the IOS plumbing apps (AudioBus 3, AUM or ApeMatrix) to split the live input and direct it to multiple endpoints: controlling the live signal and mixing in a Loopy HD signal with the "plumbing apps" mixer. I'm just thinking that might make it more complicated but it's not really clear what problem you're trying to solve.

Keep asking questions.

• @LeifPeter said:
    Hey! So im really wanting to play around with live looping, and i've got Audiobus, loopy HD and apps like Vocalive and Harmony Voice. But i can only choose Loopy HD OR the audio interface output as output. So i can't connect everything with my Irig Pro Duo. I'm also new and i hope that im just missing something. Does anyone know what i mean or even how to help?

Can you sketch out a flow chart of what you want things to look like? It may be the case that you can get things routed as you'd like with some combination of AudioBus 3 and Loopy and possible addition of AUM or ApeMatrix.

An actual picture/sketch will make it easier to visualize.

• edited May 2019

Start with understanding how Audiobus works - it does all the input/output routing and provides multiple lines for signal flow, each with an input, processing and output slot.
    Ignore Loopy for a moment and use whatever apps you have to place them in the respective slots and watch what happens.

Then add Loopy - the most strange thing (at first) is that you kind of split the app into parts.
    You can choose Loopy's mix (of all loops) or each loop circle as an individual part.
    This allows to have some loops playing (input slots) and capture in another loop that's placed in an output slot.

Audiobus also allows to pass a signal trough unprocessed (or processed in the middle slot) parallel to the looping parts. Both apps together are really versatile in setup options, but it takes some time to get used to the signal path handling (routing).

• @espiegel123 said:

@LeifPeter said:

Can you sketch out a flow chart of what you want things to look like? It may be the case that you can get things routed as you'd like with some combination of AudioBus 3 and Loopy and possible addition of AUM or ApeMatrix.

@LeifPeter :
    I agree with espiegel123, I do live looping with my Ipad, with both effects and loop station in my Ipad Pro and a standard usb audio interface. So can you.

As said, please draw a little flow chart of what you whant to achieve and we'll help you sort it out.

• @ttk said:

@espiegel123 said:

@LeifPeter said:

@LeifPeter :
    I agree with espiegel123, I do live looping with my Ipad, with both effects and loop station in my Ipad Pro and a standard usb audio interface. So can you.

As said, please draw a little flow chart of what you whant to achieve and we'll help you sort it out.

I would be very interested to see this schematically also....

• @LeifPeter said:

Here is my set up

Use AUM , AB, and Loopy

• @LeifPeter said:

AUM has many options for signal setting as well.

You can then actually route channel of vocals to multiple locations and have most options.

IMO

Works great for me in studio or performance basis.

Best of both worlds w AB remote and all the AUM goodies

• @RUST( i )K said:

@LeifPeter said:

You can then actually route channel of vocals to multiple locations and have most options.

IMO

And one can easily set up MIDI mapping in AUM to switch routing on the fly, too!

• @espiegel123 said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@LeifPeter said:

IMO

And one can easily set up MIDI mapping in AUM to switch routing on the fly, too!

Indeed

Use a Launccontol XL for AUM

• @ttk said:

@espiegel123 said:

@LeifPeter said:

@LeifPeter :

Hey! Could you share you setup? Just for inspiration? :)

• Here it is:
    I use an Iconnectivity Iconnectaudio 4+

*In Audiobus : Aum into Loopy

• In Aum:
    • USB In1 (instrument) into FX1, FX2 then into bus A
    • USB In2 (voice) into FX3, FX4 then into bus A
    • bus A into audiobus send port (loopy)
    • Loppy track 1 to Turnado then to bus B
    • Loopy track 2 to Turnado then to bus B
    • idem Loppy track 3-6
    • bus B to Turnado then to bus C
    • bus A and bus C to USB out1&2
    • bus A and bus C and Aum metronome to USB headphones

Everything controlled with a midi footswitch and an external Android 7 tablet with Lemur
    with midiflow doing the midi routing.