Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioKit Digital D1 state saving in Audiobus

Hello, I am recently converted from Win to iOS. Been in electronic music since tape loops were actual spliced tape. I am trying to save presets in Audiobus for Digital D1. It works fine for FM Player which is similar from AudioKit. Is what I am trying to do possible or do I have to wait for the AU version?
The D1 app is Soooo..... wonderful I want it to be my go to for live performance. Thanks.

Comments

• Is the problem with it not restoring the preset that was in use or not saving unsaved settings?

Have you saved the D1 settings as a preset in D1?

• @espiegel123 said:
    Is the problem with it not restoring the preset that was in use or not saving unsaved settings?

Have you saved the D1 settings as a preset in D1?

Thank you for your reply. No the problem is not in saving settings in D1. The problem is in selecting presets via Audiobus. I was hoping that Audiobus would be my solution to select not only which apps would play but also the presets within each app. I believe the problem is within D1 as I can do this with other apps. I can only call up the previous state.

Digital D1 is so wonderful sounding that I would consider using it as a stand alone for live performance if I could change the presets through midi. Everything about iOS live music is falling into place for me except program changes.

• Thanks for letting us know, @Bellows. We will work on improving D1 in Audiobus.
    -- Thank you, Matthew

• I have been able to select D1presets by MIDI. How are you trying to send them? Even if D1 doesn't have AB state saving, you can send it program changes.

• Getting Midi ghosting with D1 hangs as a port in the background.

• @espiegel123 said:
    I have been able to select D1presets by MIDI. How are you trying to send them? Even if D1 doesn't have AB state saving, you can send it program changes.

Thank you for your help. As it turns out I have succeeded in sending PC data now and it is working. Both in stand alone and in Audiobus. I like it soooo much. Thanks.
    Sorry for the erroneous post. Digital D1 and Audiobus are both amazing.

• Glad that you've got it sorted out. Btw, if you have other issues, there is an ongoing thread here discussing Digital D1. That might be a good place to post. The devs monitor it pretty closely. You might want to also change this subject's title to include "SOLVED"

• Reposting. I still am having a problem with AudioKit D1 and Audiobus3 presets. Matt has been very helpful but have not solved this simple? Action yet. Here is a Dropbox link to a video showing what’s going on.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0dih90s6231h8yd/RPReplay_Final1557163310.MP4?dl=0

Thanks
    Bruce

• Hi, Still trying to make D1 automatically select the correct program change in response to an AudioBus preset. I have written a small script for Mozaic which Sends the correct bank/program message. It works well EXCEPT I have to press the load button for it to work.
    Any help will be appreciated.

• We’re going to work on this issue over the holiday weekend! Hopefully we get it licked

• @analog_matt said:
    We’re going to work on this issue over the holiday weekend! Hopefully we get it licked

How's the AUv3 version coming?

• Thank you for addressing this issue. I did just tonight make a script in Mosaic that works.
    Whoo 😃
    I am now able to use an Audiobus preset to call up D1 and the Mosaic script selects the D1 preset. I have three of these now and they are working.

@OnLoad
    SendMIDIBankSelect 4,0
    SendMIDIProgramChange 4,15
    @OnMidiInput
    SendMIDIThruOnCh 4
    @End

I don’t know why it would not work before. I only have to change the program # (15 in this case) and save the script in a new preset.

The only thing now in the way. .....If I select another Audiobus preset for instance, one with LayR (no D1) it works normally.
    Then going back to select one of the Audiobus presets with D1 there is no sound. I have to bring D1 into focus, I then press a key on the D1 keyboard and a note sounds.
    After that I can use the Audiobus presets for D1 properly.

I know this is hard to communicate. I only hope it might shed some light.
    Thanks for all your help.
    Bruce

• Hi Matt, my testing was being done at my iPad with the midiflow keyboard.
    I am now using my Roland accordion and am finding this script/combination buggy and unstable at some times. This instability seems to affect Audiobus. It may be because of some channel switching I am doing. It appears I am further from done than previously thought (I know you understand 😮).
    I believe a solution from your end involving D1 only would be best.
    Thanks,
    LooseBruce

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@analog_matt said:
    We’re going to work on this issue over the holiday weekend! Hopefully we get it licked

Pretty good. Thanks for asking.

• @bellows thanks for your testing. You are super helpful!

👍👍

• Great going Matt and friends. This is very exciting.
    Thank you. Everyday I check the Apple App Store for your updates.
    Keep up your great and generous work.🎶

• @analog_matt said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@analog_matt said:

Pretty good. Thanks for asking.

Aw hell yes! I'm super stoked to run multiple instances as D1 is simply fantastic!

• @bellows

We got Audiobus preset recall working!

It will be in the next update this week.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Dynamite job Matt and friends. Looking forward to seeing it.😃

• We made a lot of progress over the holiday. I can say with much confidence that D1 AUv3 will be in the App Store for everyone sometime in June. :)

• @analog_matt said:
    We made a lot of progress over the holiday. I can say with much confidence that D1 AUv3 will be in the App Store for everyone sometime in June. :)

Cool!

Next week is WWDC'19 and I'll be keeping an eye out for all the sessions that might contain something related to audio and file-management. Would be awesome to see Audiokit on stage :)

• Haha, thanks. You're too kind!

We won't be on stage at WWDC. We're not that important. 😄

But, AudioKit apps will take advantage of some technologies being announced at WWDC.

• @analog_matt said:
    We made a lot of progress over the holiday. I can say with much confidence that D1 AUv3 will be in the App Store for everyone sometime in June. :)

WOO HOO!

• @analog_matt said:

But, AudioKit apps will take advantage of some technologies being announced at WWDC.

Awesome, what about some 'Pre WWDC'19 Leaks?' ;)

I'm just curious if my iPad Air 2 will get iOS13 or not...

• @Samu said:

We plan on releasing Synth One & Digital D1 as Mac Plugins...
    Hopefully before the end of the year.

Synth One will be free, of course.
    And, D1 will be under $10 on the desktop for current owners.

• @analog_matt said:

@Samu said:

We plan on releasing Synth One & Digital D1 as Mac Plugins...
    Hopefully before the end of the year.

Synth One will be free, of course.
    And, D1 will be under $10 on the desktop for current owners.

So it's most likely Marzipan ;)

I just miss PWM in Synth One. This could easily be 'done' by allowing us to 'phase-invert' one of the oscillators and also control the start-phase of the oscillators. (Terasynth from Virsyn uses a similar method by mixing a phase-inverted copy of a saw-oscillator and controlling the start-phase).

Other ways to do creative synthesis would be to use bi-polar amp-envelopes and amp-modulation.
    'negative' gain-values would then phase-invert the oscillator.

Anyways, It will be nice to check them out when they drops and I guess both apps will AU on macOS as well :)

• @analog_matt said:

Thanks Matt. This is wonderful news. No more request for help until you are done.
    LooseBruce Gerow

• @analog_matt I think I’ve found a bug in the sequencer in SynthOne that also was present In D1 long time ago but has already been fixed...

I suck at coding so I have no clue on how to fix it :(