Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Red Means IOS........................ :)

Comments

• Everybody knows about our secret beach now!

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Everybody knows about our secret beach now!

Haha, love your comment 👊🏼😁

• This is really a very good video. And it's also funny/alarming to see somebody on the precipice of appholism. RMR is about to go DEEP, I think.

• AHHHM 🤣

• That's a fun video.. he's certainly done his research :)

• Great to see a big player dipping their toes in the iOS music scene.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @EyeOhEss said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    Great to see a big player dipping their toes in the iOS music scene.

Yeah nice to see this :)

I think the platform is reaching a very useable level now. In terms of cpu and creative environments that don’t require the patience of a saint. A lot of people will start looking at it now. I think tons of people got totally turned off because they tested the waters before it was good to go. But the progress over past year or two has been huge...

It's been usable for 8 years now. :lol:
    The only difference is how many apps you can use at once.

2010 - 2015 was a damn golden era IMO. The peak of creativity and interest in iOS music.

In between then and now it kind of hit a rough patch where processing power increased but multi app use was very unstable. Thank god you can't get hearing damage from app crashes anymore.

Now stability is as it was in the golden era and we can start to take advantage of the processing power and effectively use multiple apps. It feels like the dawn of a golden era #2 except that Apple seem to be working against us...

I hope attitudes change regarding iOS. It's still considered a joke by professionals sadly.

• @EyeOhEss said:

@BroCoast said:

@EyeOhEss said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    Great to see a big player dipping their toes in the iOS music scene.

Yeah nice to see this :)

I think the platform is reaching a very useable level now. In terms of cpu and creative environments that don’t require the patience of a saint. A lot of people will start looking at it now. I think tons of people got totally turned off because they tested the waters before it was good to go. But the progress over past year or two has been huge...

It's been usable for 8 years now. :lol:
    The only difference is how many apps you can use at once.

2010 - 2015 was a damn golden era IMO. The peak of creativity and interest in iOS music.

In between then and now it kind of hit a rough patch where processing power increased but multi app use was very unstable. Thank god you can't get hearing damage from app crashes anymore.

Now stability is as it was in the golden era and we can start to take advantage of the processing power and effectively use multiple apps. It feels like the dawn of a golden era #2 except that Apple seem to be working against us...

I hope attitudes change regarding iOS. It's still considered a joke by professionals sadly.

I think for most people AU and midi AU are the clinchers in taking it more seriously now.. And the appearance or enhancements of host apps like Beatmaker/AUM/NS2/Apematrix. Last couple years have been pretty huge and arrived at the same time as cpu and storage levels being able to utilise the available software more creatively etc.

Until quite recently iOS was great for standalone apps or a few IAA in AUM but ridiculously limited and/or unstable compared to the tools that proffesionals are generally used to. Can kinda see why it had a bad rep for so long for many kinds of use cases after many people’s patience got tested to limit trying to do stuff when the platform just hadn’t reached that level yet...

AU is definitely huge. I didn't really get it until I entered the Bramzone in AUM, what a revelation!

I try to explain it to my friends and it's kind of lost on them. They're still bitter I got them to buy apps like Beatmaker.

• edited May 2019

@BroCoast said:

Yes, and not without good reasons. File access and management, availability of plugins, customisability of software, hardware controller integration, audio and MIDI hardware i/o support, unlimited external storage and less restrictive OS version requirements are probably the main reasons for not getting more attention.
    Some apps still don't even offer any access to your very own files, that's simply a no-go.
    The iPhone heritage is certainly good for security but bad for serious music production.

• edited May 2019

This is fantastic. Very inspiring. Just got my iPad a few months ago and this is exactly the kind of thing I've been doing. I think I may need to grab that Shimmer and Enso stuff. Also, do you find latency from the Seaboard via Bluetooth? I know I get pretty strong latency when using BT headphones with the iPad.

• @slicetwo said:
    This is fantastic. Very inspiring. Just got my iPad a few months ago and this is exactly the kind of thing I've been doing. I think I may need to grab that Shimmer and Enso stuff.

Not Enso.....

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/31393/audio-damage-enso

It's amazing how inspirational is Xynthesizr...nothing like it

• @OnfraySin said:

@slicetwo said:
    This is fantastic. Very inspiring. Just got my iPad a few months ago and this is exactly the kind of thing I've been doing. I think I may need to grab that Shimmer and Enso stuff.

Not Enso.....

You talking about all the crashing people are reporting? Yikes... What else could I look at as a recorder/looper in AU format for AUM?

• @slicetwo said:

@OnfraySin said:

@slicetwo said:

Not Enso.....

You talking about all the crashing people are reporting? Yikes... What else could I look at as a recorder/looper in AU format for AUM?

You can take a look to RE-1, for example.

• @OnfraySin said:

@slicetwo said:

@OnfraySin said:

@slicetwo said:

Not Enso.....

You can take a look to RE-1, for example.

Oooo. That looks pretty fancy. Have you used it?

• @slicetwo said:

Yes. Maybe it is a different concept that ENSO, but it reliable.

It's a good idea go for a walk in Youtube about RE-1 vs Enso.

• @OnfraySin said:

@slicetwo said:

Yes. Maybe it is a different concept that ENSO, but it reliable.

It's a good idea go for a walk in Youtube about RE-1 vs Enso.

Will do. Def. just want something that's a bit more versatile than the built in AUM recorder.

• @slicetwo said:

@OnfraySin said:

@slicetwo said:

Not Enso.....

No crashing outside of AUM fwiw...

But if you want to stay inside of AUM then yes it's a good idea to avoid Enso.

• @slicetwo said:

@OnfraySin said:

@slicetwo said:

Not Enso.....

If you want to record lots of loops and not have to be fiddling a lot to switch between them, Loopy while not AU integrates seamlessly with AUM via Audiobus. 12 loops of any length . Rock stable. Change loop lengths before recording from floating palette. Automatically records in next empty slot.

It is like magic if one is wanting a bank of simple loopers.

• @espiegel123 said:

@slicetwo said:

@OnfraySin said:

@slicetwo said:

Not Enso.....

If you want to record lots of loops and not have to be fiddling a lot to switch between them, Loopy while not AU integrates seamlessly with AUM via Audiobus. 12 loops of any length . Rock stable. Change loop lengths before recording from floating palette. Automatically records in next empty slot.

I've seen that. I'm looking for more mangling to be available in the looper. I sold my Octatrack and bought an iPad (knowing they aren't totally interchangeable) but I do want some mangling/editing features in my looper.

• @slicetwo said:

@espiegel123 said:

@slicetwo said:

@OnfraySin said:

@slicetwo said:

Not Enso.....

I've seen that. I'm looking for more mangling to be available in the looper. I sold my Octatrack and bought an iPad (knowing they aren't totally interchangeable) but I do want some mangling/editing features in my looper.

Enso is nice for mangling . How many loops do you need running at once?

You can also use something kind Loopy for recording loops and insert manglers (including other loopers) on their tracks if you set up AUM to give each loop its own channel.

If only AUM had a switch to record loops and load them upon completion. It has some nice MIDI controls over its loop playback.

• @espiegel123 said:

@slicetwo said:

@espiegel123 said:

@slicetwo said:

@OnfraySin said:

@slicetwo said:

Not Enso.....

You can also use something kind Loopy for recording loops and insert manglers (including other loopers) on their tracks if you set up AUM to give each loop its own channel.

If only AUM had a switch to record loops and load them upon completion. It has some nice MIDI controls over its loop playback.

Not many. Maybe 1-2 instances 90% of the time. I'm more interested in being able to cut up, reverse, stutter, slow down/speed up type stuff within the looper app.

• @slicetwo said:

@espiegel123 said:

@slicetwo said:

@espiegel123 said:

@slicetwo said:

@OnfraySin said:

@slicetwo said:

Not Enso.....

Not many. Maybe 1-2 instances 90% of the time. I'm more interested in being able to cut up, reverse, stutter, slow down/speed up type stuff within the looper app.

Enso is reliable for cases like that.

• what's happening with Group the Loop and Looperverse these days, how are they in the mangling/ stability departments?

• @rs2000 said:

@BroCoast said:

Yes, and not without good reasons. File access and management, availability of plugins, customisability of software, hardware controller integration, audio and MIDI hardware i/o support, unlimited external storage and less restrictive OS version requirements are probably the main reasons for not getting more attention.
    Some apps still don't even offer any access to your very own files, that's simply a no-go.
    The iPhone heritage is certainly good for security but bad for serious music production.

Desktop isn't exactly a panacea of plug-n-play Utopia when it comes to music apps. Just a few months ago I had to jump through a million hoops trying different display drivers, beta utilities and finally hacking the MacOS to get my MPC Touch to work with the current MacOS. Windows user's also have loads of problems dealing with automatic updates, drivers, etc.

IOS music software has come a long, long way. Amazing new apps. are released every single day and they cost a fraction of what their desktop equivalents cost and a micro-fraction of what their hardware equivalents cost.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    This is really a very good video. And it's also funny/alarming to see somebody on the precipice of appholism. RMR is about to go DEEP, I think.

I love his videos. Great Edutainment. He has had me on the precipice of buying an OP-1 numerous times. Glad he is getting into IOS music making.

• @kobamoto said:
    what's happening with Group the Loop and Looperverse these days, how are they in the mangling/ stability departments?

Looperverse is so close to "finished" that it hurts. It literally just needs one minor update to fix Ableton Link, give it preference saving and fix some minor bugs.

As it is you can record audio, use the awesome time/pitch stretching and make some very nice soundscapes.

I don't know about GTL. Seems more one man band kind of thing to me than a mangler.