Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Klankwelle modular

I'm really digging this one and the dev still updating it! Just got a new cntrl today that will eventually work with midi and he's talking about possibly adding a sampler soon!
Deff don't pass this one up its really good! And yes it is universal!

Comments

• Hadn't heard of this, thanks. Hope the dev can polish it up then put a price on it, has some good potential.

• edited May 2019

Dev here...reasOne reached out to me to say that he or she was posting here. I've added a number of features since the last time I posted on this forum about this app, such as swing and velocity, parameter automation, a formant filter, feedback, etc. It's certainly not as polished as many other apps, but my goal was to try a different approach to how a synth app could be designed (you can arbitrarily add as many modules as you want and wire them up however you want) and implemented (it's 99.9% Swift!).

As reasOne mentioned, midi is on the way soon followed by a sampler. I'll work audiobus support in there, too.

I'm just having fun doing the development so I have no plans to charge for it. Thanks to anyone who tries it out.

• @grego said:
    Dev here...reasOne reached out to me to say that he or she was posting here. I've added a number of features since the last time I posted on this forum about this app, such as swing and velocity, parameter automation, a formant filter, feedback, etc. It's certainly not as polished as many other apps, but my goal was to try a different approach to how a synth app could be designed (you can arbitrarily add as many modules as you want and wire them up however you want) and implemented (it's 99.9% Swift!).

As reasOne mentioned, midi is on the way soon followed by a sampler. I'll work audiobus support in there, too.

I'm just having fun doing the development so I have no plans to charge for it. Thanks to anyone who tries it out.

Thanks @grego
    It really does Klank very well indeed

• @grego said:

Okay, damnit, you have me hooked!

• edited May 2019

@grego bienvenido,
    Not only is the app super clean, the sounds are unique, and your songs rock.

You should charge. Even if its 99¢

• Instant magic .. bravo @grego

• edited May 2019

I spotted the update the other day I didn’t even know I had the app!

• @reasOne said:
    I'm really digging this one and the dev still updating it! Just got a new cntrl today that will eventually work with midi and he's talking about possibly adding a sampler soon!

Thanks, hadn’t heard of this one :)

• I Deff love the workflow of this one, I feel like it fits well with how iOS works and that is designed for iOS rather than just trying to look or be modeled after a hardware synth....
    Once you get the basics down you can really get some thing going.. You can set up multiple synths and sequences on different "pages" or "Spaces" and play them all simultaneously..
    Would deff like to see this keep getting bigger 😁 with more modules and options it's fun, I'm going to try to create some finished tracks on it in the coming days/weeks...

• @grego said:

Thanks @grego ! What I meant by polish is all of the usual iOS music app asks (Audiobus, Ableton Link, cough AUv3). Could could certainly make those an IAP.

Thanks for your work!

• I’m happy people are enjoying it. Feel free to send comments my way, contact info is at klankwelle.com.

• Version 1.7 hits the App Store today and it includes MIDI support. Once you launch Klankwelle it should show up in Audiobus as a virtual midi destination. The app supports note on/off with velocity, control change messages (which are received by the ctrl modules), pitch bend, and program change messages.

It does not support any timing messages such as MIDI clock, but I'll look into that in the future.

It took a while to get this update done because I reconfigured the rendering code to reduce latency; I'm pretty happy with where it is now. If you encounter any major bugs please send me a note!

• edited July 2019

@grego said:
    Version 1.7 hits the App Store today and it includes MIDI support. Once you launch Klankwelle it should show up in Audiobus as a virtual midi destination. The app supports note on/off with velocity, control change messages (which are received by the ctrl modules), pitch bend, and program change messages.

It does not support any timing messages such as MIDI clock, but I'll look into that in the future.

It took a while to get this update done because I reconfigured the rendering code to reduce latency; I'm pretty happy with where it is now. If you encounter any major bugs please send me a note!

This app is super cool.
    With the addition of midi is there also background audio support?

Edit: I found it: the transport needed to be running....

• @Littlewoodg said:

That's right. Early versions had background running constantly, but I got some reasonable complaints about battery drain. So this is the compromise.

• @grego said:

@Littlewoodg said:

That's right. Early versions had background running constantly, but I got some reasonable complaints about battery drain. So this is the compromise.

Thanks!

• This keeps getting better all the time :wink:

• @reasOne said:

I know nada about this....feel stupid

• Me too. Like that demo tune though.

• @RUST( i )K said:

@reasOne said:

I know nada about this....feel stupid

Haha I found the dev on ig and was like wow I need that! It's pretty cool

• Glad to see it’s still getting updates. I haven’t played with it in a while because I kept getting crashes but I’m downloading it again and going to mess with it tonight

• edited July 2019

Yes, is a nice app, fun workflows !

@reasOne said:

• Just found this one and I'm really enjoying the simple, Reaktor-like interface.

• I made a video about this app while back its really fun and easy to get started in.

• Nice one @hacked_to_pieces I’ll give it a watch later 👍

• Thanks for the heads up @hacked_to_pieces

• edited May 2020

@reasOne
    wow
    hearing this again

you really klanke well on this!

@Paul16
    Long live "E from NY"
    long live Snake P.
    Me "I thought you were dead"
    Snake: "Yeah I get that a lot"

@hacked_to_pieces

thanks for this!

such a cool thing, this app

• edited May 2020

Was going to comment that I wished I had bought this instead of Jasuto and then realized ...it's free! Madness.
    Great tune btw!