Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Polyphase - any recipes or hints and tips?

Hello
Just wondering if anyone has eny recipes for using polyphase?
I have been using it feeding into sunrizer, but feel I am not getting the most out of the app.

I usually create ambient but would love some recipes for psytrance if possible?

Thanks

Comments

• A couple of simple suggestions:
    Just because it has 4 tracks doesn’t mean you need to use 4 tracks. PolyPhase has a clever way of making the follower tracks base their sequences on the master track so it’s more coherent than 4 totally random tracks. Still, 4 tracks of even semi-random content can often be too much.

Take advantage of the snapshots. Create fixed, non-random sequences that you like and save them as snapshots. Then create a snapshot where you make one track randomize, then two, etc.
    Now you can jump back to fixed sequences when things start deviating too far and add back just the right amount of randomization.

You can also do this with just fixed sequences and change the rate, length, etc. of certain tracks.

I don't really know what constitutes psytrance, but non-ambient electronic dance music typically requires more repetition and tighter rhythms. You're probably not going to get this from PolyPhase directly as generative systems often have a hard time calling back to previous motifs. Consider pairing PolyPhase with something like StepPolyArp. You can create your rhythmic hook in SPA and modulate it with Polyphase. Add in some pads triggered directly from PP and you could be on the right track. Definitely take advantage of snapshots to alternate between generative and fixed sections.

• Thanks for that will look into it.
    One thing I have noticed is that AUM and Polyphase state saving does not work correctly :(
    Had a decent PP sequence setup and forgot to save it in PP but did save it in AUM,came back and loaded the AUM session and the PP sequence was gone :(

• @spidergod said:
    Thanks for that will look into it.
    One thing I have noticed is that AUM and Polyphase state saving does not work correctly :(
    Had a decent PP sequence setup and forgot to save it in PP but did save it in AUM,came back and loaded the AUM session and the PP sequence was gone :(

AUM only saves the state for Audio Units, not IAA apps.

However, PolyPhase supports Audiobus State Saving. I would recommend hosting PolyPhase and AUM in Audiobus and the state of both will be saved with the Audiobus session.

• Ah right - cheers