Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

StepBud AUv3 MIDI Sequencer - Available

Comments

• @Carnbot said:

@cem_olcay said:

@Carnbot
    BIG NEWS, I added the MIDI CC triggering for snapshots! Also there's an audio unit parameter as well.
    I will record a video where a StepBud sends MIDI CC to another one for sequencing its snapshots.

Wow, that's great. it's going to be a very well used feature :)

how many snapshots can be stored?

Logically it should be 127 since a CC can be used to select a snapshot :)

• @cem_olcay said:

BIG NEWS, I added the MIDI CC triggering for snapshots! Also there's an audio unit parameter as well.

:sunglasses:

• @Carnbot yeah, technically you can control your first 128 snapshots with MIDI CC, I hope that would be enough :smiley:
    But you can store as many snaps as you want, there are no limits, as you don't have any limits for the step count.

Also, just recorded a quick video, StepBud sequencing another StepBud's snapshoths!!
    The workflow is pretty much the same as controlling a StepBud instance's root key with MIDI input.
    Instead, you need to set up a MIDI CC snapshot input from the MIDI CC screen and send a snapshot index value to that CC.
    In the video, I used another StepBud instance as the MIDI CC sender.

• I set the snapshot trigger CC number 1
    • On another instance, I set the rate 1/1, which means snapshot changing on every bar
    • And hook up the MIDI Out of the CC sender instance to the sequencer StepBud's MIDI input.

I also tried with Rozeta LFO as well, working great :smile:

• @cem_olcay said:
    @Carnbot yeah, technically you can control your first 128 snapshots with MIDI CC, I hope that would be enough :smiley:
    But you can store as many snaps as you want, there are no limits, as you don't have any limits for the step count.

Also, just recorded a quick video, StepBud sequencing another StepBud's snapshoths!!
    The workflow is pretty much the same as controlling a StepBud instance's root key with MIDI input.
    Instead, you need to set up a MIDI CC snapshot input from the MIDI CC screen and send a snapshot index value to that CC.
    In the video, I used another StepBud instance as the MIDI CC sender.

• I set the snapshot trigger CC number 1
    • On another instance, I set the rate 1/1, which means snapshot changing on every bar
    • And hook up the MIDI Out of the CC sender instance to the sequencer StepBud's MIDI input.

I also tried with Rozeta LFO as well, working great :smile:

Nice but...
    ...I do hope that CC#1 is not the default for selecting the snapshot?!

CC#1 is the ModWheel so it would be nice choose a different CC that doesn't conflict with 'occupied' CC's.

CC#3 is still 'undefined' in the midi standard ;)
    http://nickfever.com/music/midi-cc-list

• edited May 2019

@samu, check out the video, I added a new row for snapshot trigger setting.
    You can set the trigger CC anything you want! Yeah, if you set the CC#1 and connect your MIDI keyboard, you may change the snapshots with your mod wheel :smiley:

Edit: Also, you can enable/disable the MIDI CC input for snapshots from the same row as well.

• @cem_olcay said:
    @samu, check out the video, I added a new row for snapshot trigger setting.
    You can set the trigger CC anything you want! Yeah, if you set the CC#1 and connect your MIDI keyboard, you may change the snapshots with your mod wheel :smiley:

Edit: Also, you can enable/disable the MIDI CC input for snapshots from the same row as well.

Nice!
    The 'alignment' of the on/off toggles triggers my OCD big time ;)
    (ie. please do align them to the right for a straight line).

Will the On/Off button also be there for the added CC's?
    (From the video it doesn't look like it does yet, but it's still in beta so).

This will for sure be very handy feature!
    (Ie. make a few bass-line snapshots and select them using another StepBud instance).

So far everything's looking good!

• @Samu said:
    The 'alignment' of the on/off toggles triggers my OCD big time ;)

Yeah, old screenshot, already fixed it no worries

I think I can make them togglable in this update as well.

• @cem_olcay said:

I think I can make them togglable in this update as well.

:)

I guess the next step is to figure out how to minimise the side-ways scrolling but it's not an easy one...
    (Maybe some kind of 'pop up menu' to select which of the sequence sequence to edit?).

Also some kind of 'page system' for the sequence steps could be handy?
    (This way it would be possible to use the 'draw' feature to paint events for longer sequences as it's not possible to scroll when draw is enabled).

Also I wonder if it's intentional that the 'bars' change when disabling draw mode?!
    (The actual values on the steps don't change but the bars get a few pixels shorter?!).

Well, I always find something in any app :D

• OMFG, yes! Snapshots are an infinitely usable feature, better and better each day! This is like Quantum re-born as an AU.

• @cem_olcay you just freakin blew my mind. the snapshots are cool enough but the video that shows one StepBud triggering snapshots in another StepBud blew me away. Bravo.

• Wow! Snapshots will take this to yet another dimension.. I just can't believe all the features that have been added since the 1st release.. having a hard time keeping up and using them all. :) I like the way you keep giving us stuff that we didn't even know we needed.. Really nice work (or is it play?) @cem_olcay

• 😳🤯🙌

• Yeah the snapshots are a massive plus, thanks for adding more features @cem_olcay this has become a very flexible but easy to use sequencer :)

• edited May 2019

Hi @cem_olcay
    StepBud update is out :) but unfortunately it seems to have a big bug for me in that all steps are hidden, tested in AUM and apeMatrix, so currently not useable.....

I'll try a restart. No restart, hasn't helped.
    Better warn people on not updating yet in case this affects most people.

• Confirmed! Don't update (yet)...

• @cem_olcay All my steps have gone !

• @cem_olcay I reloaded the beta to be able to use the app again. Maybe in future if you pushed the beta out first with the updates we can spot errors like this !

• I don’t know how the f* has this happen. Somehow the AppStore version is broken. I sent another update. Hopefully this will be fixed tomorrow I’m really sorry.

• This is happening when the plugin window's width is bigger than its height. So, until the new update released soon, you can use it in "portrait mode-like" in AUM.

• edited May 2019

@cem_olcay said:
    This is happening when the plugin window's width is bigger than its height. So, until the new update released soon, you can use it in "portrait mode-like" in AUM.

Ah that’s working, ok thanks :)

In fact as soon as you open stepbud in portrait view it operates fine in any view afterwards so an easy workaround for now.

• StealthBud!

• @SevenSystems said:
    StealthBud!

B)

• @SevenSystems said:
    StealthBud!

Haha 😂 Yeah, sent the update. Solved this problem once and for all, will never happen again!

• @cem_olcay said:

@SevenSystems said:
    StealthBud!

Haha 😂 Yeah, sent the update. Solved this problem once and for all, will never happen again!

Sorry for that btw, but the genius linguist in me just spontaneously took control :D

• Well I will be dammed, they already approved the new update, just took about an hour, that could be my fastest approved update ever in my 8yrs of iOS development career :smiley:
    If you update it and confirm everything went back normal, it would be great!

• @cem_olcay said:
    Well I will be dammed, they already approved the new update, just took about an hour, that could be my fastest approved update ever in my 8yrs of iOS development career :smiley:
    If you update it and confirm everything went back normal, it would be great!

Someone at Apple makes music with yore apps 😁

• Dang these snap shots are better than I expected!!! Killer stuff here so useful

• Glad the update came in quickly these presets what a great idea cheers @cem_olcay

• Can you set up stepbud to ignore note values?

I’d like to be able to assign steps to send CC values only.

For example, if I have one stepbud sending whole bar notes to a synth and then add another stepbud set to 1/8ths to adjust just, say filter cutoff the extra notes still play as they’re set to c3 as default.

The skip button also skips the cc steps.

I’d like to be able to basically switch of notes completely. Have I missed something obvious or a setting somewhere?

• @klownshed said:
    Can you set up stepbud to ignore note values?

Yes, double-tap on the 'step number' and remove the note from the step.

This leads to another request for @cem_olcay
    When duplicating a step (ie. +) optionally repeat the previous step and its values instead of using 'default values'.
    This would make it easier to add 'CC Only' steps once the note has been removed.