Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MOZAIC - Create your own AU MIDI plugins - OUT NOW!

Comments

• edited May 2019

nvm

• @Jumpercollins said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    Ha Ha StreamByter is fighting back, the dev just dropped in a midi looper called Nimble looper in the beta !

Works pretty good.

@brambos The challenge has been set, first one to produce a midi looper inside Mozaic!

This thing could put ENSO on the back burner !

Audio vs Midi? :D

• @rs2000 said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    Ha Ha StreamByter is fighting back, the dev just dropped in a midi looper called Nimble looper in the beta !

Works pretty good.

@brambos The challenge has been set, first one to produce a midi looper inside Mozaic!

This thing could put ENSO on the back burner !

Audio vs Midi? :D

@rs2000 Midi is more stable just had 6 instances running in AUM more than ENSO ever achieved, can record out to get the audio.

• Just getting started... I’m both a long time coder AND musician. Dreams (or nightmares, I suppose 😛) are made of this. But something weird happened, and I don’t know if I can reproduce it. The QWERTY disappeared (something I did, I suppose) and I couldn’t get it back. I had to completely clear AUM, reopen and re-add Mosaic to see it again.

I won’t ask any [stupid] questions about things I don’t understand until I try to use mosaic for a while, but it’s fun so far!

I’ve always found it fiddly that if I want 4+ LFOs to send CCs to controls in other apps, that I had to have multiple instances of Rozeta LFO. I always got lost trying to remember which instance was sending out CC18, for example. My goal for my first script is to put more LFOs inside Mosaic so I can have them all in one place. Soooo, if I’m not back by Monday, call 911. 😂

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @EyeOhEss said:

@brambos said:
    Let’s not mention SB. I’m kind of annoyed at how much of its recent inspiration seems to come from the Mozaic announcements.

Crikey.

Ok couldn’t resist. No more talk !

• @brambos said:
    Let’s not mention SB. I’m kind of annoyed at how much of its recent inspiration seems to come from the Mozaic announcements.

...not to speak of his source of inspiration for Mozaic in the first place ;)

• edited May 2019

The code and documentation for Mozaic on initial use looks easier to understand

• It sure doesn't hurt to have both :+1: :smiley:

• @brambos Just noticed Generative Note Engine notes have been cut off not finished ?

• edited May 2019

nvm

• The SB developer does seem very defensive/thin skinned. From the release notes for the latest version of SB (which does seem to be a significant improvement):
    "Second, we have responded to the criticism that the StreamByter language is ‘assembler’ like. "

That criticism was me explaining why I personally would not use it on this forum. Not even in a 'this app sucks' kinda way - just explaining why it wasn't for me.

• Well I can only see healthy influence in both directions and the consumer wins in the end because both apps are great :)

• Happy to see pad velocity supported (LastPadVelocity).

... of course, always wanting more :blush: Would it be possible to add support for getting pad X and Y values in a future update? Primary use case would be to try making pads that sends out aftertouch modulations. The other use case would be to (ab)use multiple pads to have multiple XY pad modulations!

I guess one would need something like @OnPadXYChange (use LastPad to get pad number), GetPadXValue (pad number) and GetPadYValue (pad number). Up for consideration, @brambos?

• edited May 2019

@brambos said:

Anyway to me Mozaic looks faaar away more polished and fine tuned. It looks very intuitive, there is exceptional balance between simple straightforward interface (which looks very nice!) and relative powerfull scripting engine ! Great job !

• Just want to say that even though I’ll never write a script for this i am loving the manual! Just plain interesting...

• @EyeOhEss said:

@cian said:
    The SB developer does seem very defensive/thin skinned. From the release notes for the latest version of SB (which does seem to be a significant improvement):
    "Second, we have responded to the criticism that the StreamByter language is ‘assembler’ like. "

That criticism was me explaining why I personally would not use it on this forum. Not even in a 'this app sucks' kinda way - just explaining why it wasn't for me.

How is that thin skinned? Isn’t Dude just saying in respondse to criticism he improved something? Maybe I’m missing something.

Why not just say "we've made the language easier to use". No need to mention previous criticism, or even reference it.

He was also kind of way more defensive on the original thread than he needed to be. I mean it's fine I guess - just the whole interaction was a little weird.

• edited May 2019

I also had the pleasure of being one of the Beta testers for Mozaic. At first I only had the intention of doing something basic, but I was carried away by the fact that it was soo fun and I started to see the huge potential in this tool.

What I ended up building was a script containing two cooperating sequencers, one for a chord progression and another for a pattern (that follows the chord and outputs MIDI). That’s the short story, the rest is in the Description popup for the script. Haven’t done thorough testing of the script, but it seems to work seemingly well at least.

I should admit that I have a lot of programming experience, but it also means that I know a good framework for programming when I see one and that I do understand and appreciate how much work that Bram must have put into hiding all the low level complexity and make it as simple to use.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v546qfng4ugl4hk/chordmagic.zip?dl=0

• 7$ for a thing you can infinitely customize

I was expecting 10-12$
    :(

😉😊

• edited May 2019

@rs2000 said:

@brambos said:

...not to speak of his source of inspiration for Mozaic in the first place ;)

Mozaic started out as a sort of Reaktor modular app with wired-up graphical MIDI modules (basically a huge MIDI version of Ripplemaker). But after having the basic designs ready it struck me that the UI - though interesting looking- was rather opaque and complex. Having lots of tangled wires looks cool, but it makes it very hard to "read" and the same results could often be achieved by writing a few lines of pseudo code which required the same level of algorithmic thinking as wiring up complex modules. I decided to pursue the pseudo-code route which turned into Mozaic.

• Could you use IOS text replacement where if you type something like *com it would replace it with the , ?

• @Carnbot said:
    Well I can only see healthy influence in both directions and the consumer wins in the end because both apps are great :)

+1

• @drez said:
    Could you use IOS text replacement where if you type something like *com it would replace it with the , ?

I may look into actually defining a custom keyboard optimized for scripts to avoid the entire issue altogether.

• @brambos said:

@drez said:
    Could you use IOS text replacement where if you type something like *com it would replace it with the , ?

I may look into actually defining a custom keyboard optimized for scripts to avoid the entire issue altogether.

I’m on call at work right now. My entire week has been trying to figure out creative solutions for so much rando stuff :lol:

• Thanks for all the beta testers sharing these great scripts today. Enjoyed diving in with some of them. Thanks to all involved and @brambos of course.