Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Klimper

Anyone using this ?
Looks pretty cool and useful

Comments

• I use Klimper and I like it. It works well for sketching out song structures.

• Build a chord progression I like
    • Add some key elements (usually a bass line, invert chords, maybe melody if I hear it)
    • Link chords to create a section, name and colour it
    • Repeat until I’ve got all the sections/progressions I need
    • Zoom out, duplicate sections as required, arrange into a ‘song’
    • Zoom back in and add melodic elements. Root notes and chords are highlighted, which is helpful.
    • At this point, I’ll duplicate sections again, replacing later sections where I want the same melodic bits. I don’t think there’s any way to link sections so that changes in one are reflected in the other.
    • When I’m happy with the overall sketch, export midi (to NS2 lately) and build a track around it.

I have a tendency to build a lot of 8 bar loops with no plan for the bigger picture. Klimper helps me to plan that bigger picture.
    The piano roll is adequate but basic, zooming in and out gets a bit awkward. I don’t usually bother with AU or IAA instruments until I get the midi into a DAW.

• @TheMediocritist or anyone else, when building chord progressions, can you include chords from multiple scales or are you limited to a single scale?

• @ecamburn said:
    @TheMediocritist or anyone else, when building chord progressions, can you include chords from multiple scales or are you limited to a single scale?

No. If you change scale, the existing chord progression changes to match.
    So, single scale.

• I’ve had a noodle with this while waiting at the A&E (Hours) and have to say that I don’t think I’ll be using it. All this app does is suggesting the most obvious chords. In fact what I liked the most were the chords that the app deemed least harmonically suitable! Maybe I’m just weird,

I feel this app isn’t ideal for folks who want quirky progressions, unless of course you use it in reverse.