Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioVeek Midi Tools AU.

12346»

Comments

• Yeah, it’s a bit frustrating that NS2 hasn’t updated to fix this yet. I’ve put it aside until then as midi filters are a big part of my workflow.

• @blueveek, hi, loving MIDI Tools keyboard setup. Use it a lot, but it is time consuming to set it up for each track in every project. I have never requested an improvement, but some saving of presets would be great. Maybe?

• @LinearLineman said:
    @blueveek, hi, loving MIDI Tools keyboard setup. Use it a lot, but it is time consuming to set it up for each track in every project. I have never requested an improvement, but some saving of presets would be great. Maybe?

I definitely agree with that. Presets are a must.

In the meantime, one workaround is saving a full project as a template that contains the Key Ranges configured.

• Glad you agree, @blueveek. Yes, I will try the workaround you suggest. That should do it, Thanks!

• edited March 2019

Hi, what is the current price? I am considering buying it for Giel Bremmer to check out with MultiTrackStudio. I can’t get it to work. Thanks.

PS If someone can do this successfully please share. The Curve function brings some of the MIDI tweaking to MTS that AuriaPro has. It must be me because I can’t get MF Limiter to work either. I’m trying to use these with a custom drumkit made in AudioLayer.

• edited March 2019

I guess you know this fails in AuriaPro also. I see now that it was meant to tide us over until BeatMaker 3.1 “drops.’ Such great utilities, I got all excited thinking they would work in a DAW besides Cubasis and BM3. Not that there’s anything wrong with that, lol.

• edited March 2019

@AmpApps said:
    I guess you know this fails in AuriaPro also. I see now that it was meant to tide us over until BeatMaker 3.1 “drops.’ Such great utilities, I got all excited thinking they would work in a DAW besides Cubasis and BM3. Not that there’s anything wrong with that, lol.

MIDI tools works in any host that supports AUv3 midi properly, not just BM3.

Some of the tools are really useful in BM3, others are really useful in Cubasis, others in other hosts etc. People are using it everywhere as far as I can tell.

On iOS devices, the app store page will say this:

Compatible hosts: BeatMaker, Cubasis, AUM, ApeMatrix, Audiobus
    Partial support by GarageBand
    Not supported by NanoStudio

• edited March 2019

@AmpApps said:
    Hi, what is the current price? I am considering buying it for Giel Bremmer to check out with MultiTrackStudio. I can’t get it to work. Thanks.

PS If someone can do this successfully please share. The Curve function brings some of the MIDI tweaking to MTS that AuriaPro has. It must be me because I can’t get MF Limiter to work either. I’m trying to use these with a custom drumkit made in AudioLayer.

I’ll send Giel Bremmer a promo code for him to investigate asap.

To answer your first question, here's the current price: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/midi-tools/id1446209019?mt=8

• @blueveek said:

@AmpApps said:

I’ll send Giel Bremmer a promo code for him to investigate asap.

To answer your first question, here's the current price: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/midi-tools/id1446209019?mt=8

I already bought it so the price is not there anymore.

• edited March 2019

@blueveek said:

@AmpApps said:

MIDI tools works in any host that supports AUv3 midi properly, not just BM3.

Some of the tools are really useful in BM3, others are really useful in Cubasis, others in other hosts etc. People are using it everywhere as far as I can tell.

On iOS devices, the app store page will say this:

Compatible hosts: BeatMaker, Cubasis, AUM, ApeMatrix, Audiobus
    Partial support by GarageBand
    Not supported by NanoStudio

I love the compression curve! The midi tools in Auria are fantastic especially for drums and as far as I know no one else has them. Unfortunately Auria has other problems that make it a bad choice for me. Thanks for these great utilities.

• @blueveek

It would be very nice to have possibility in Route plugin to not alter incoming midi notes channel, just send them to Route's activated midi channels, based on note channel.

Now, if i turn off let's say [2] on Route, all incoming notes are send to both channels, and their incoming channel number is overriden. I mean if incoming notes are on various channels, they ALL are send to channel [2].

Checkbox "preserver incoming notes channels" would change it the way, that if incoming note have channel "2", it will be sent JUST to channel [2] if it is activated.

Use case : Fugue machine. It allows set different chanel for each of it's 4 playheads, and this would allow to sent midi notes to corresponsing 4 other sequencer tracks

• @dendy

That's a good suggestion, and doable. In effect, Route would work as a send+filter instead of a send+rechannel. I'll look into this for a future update.

• Hello,
    I just found a bug trying to use the latch function of miditools, within AUM trying to play a loop from beathawk. once the key pressed the note can’t be stop.
    Can anyone confirm the bug?
    Thanks

• Enjoying the midi route but the latch not working for me with a breakbeat sample in BM3. Seems not to trigger at all

• @blueveek said:
    @dendy

That's a good suggestion, and doable. In effect, Route would work as a send+filter instead of a send+rechannel. I'll look into this for a future update.

:+1: :+1: :+1:

• @SheffieldBleep said:
    Enjoying the midi route but the latch not working for me with a breakbeat sample in BM3. Seems not to trigger at all

For me in work perfectly in BM3, just check that the latch plugin is loaded on the pad that hold the loop not loaded on the bank or it won’t work (I think this is your problem)

• Bless you. Absolutely correct. Working now. What a fool> @Jeezs said:

@SheffieldBleep said:
    Enjoying the midi route but the latch not working for me with a breakbeat sample in BM3. Seems not to trigger at all

For me in work perfectly in BM3, just check that the latch plugin is loaded on the pad that hold the loop not loaded on the bank or it won’t work (I think this is your problem)

• edited May 2019

Hi and very thanks for midi tools app.

2 Problems with latch mode in midi tools.
    1 : when i use latch or latch and unlatch together , and press one or more key on cubasis virtual keyboard, same key that I press and release my fingers, not kept down on virtual keyboard In appearance .but it works ( holds my note ) . This problem makes us unable to figure out what we have previously pressed ( note or notes ) .

2 : I use midi tools host in cubasis. When i play chord C major for example ( C4 E4 G4 ) midi tools hold them perfectly but then i play chord E minor ( E4 G4 B4 ) , will releases E4 and G4 notes automatically unwanted. But i expect , midi tools holds for me E and G too . I think this latch mode tool is not useful .

Do you know ( chord polypad ) app ? It uses interesting methods for latch or holding with retrig or legato modes and notes releasing . It has hold and retrig and legato . ( hold + retrig ) or ( hold + legato ) And work very perfect and nice especially for this options. But unfortunately it doesn’t support AUmidi plugin . Any way.
    For example I connect my midi keyboard to it , when i play one chord ,( chord polypad ) holds it, but if i play same chord and very fast release my fingers ( chord polypad ) release or off chord notes , but if i play same chord and hold my finger on keyboard about 1 second and then release my fingers ( chord polypad) holds them without releasing.

If hold and retrig be selected together :
    1, enter note : notes on
    2, if enter another note or same note
    Result: release previous note and hold new note
    3, if enter and release immediately same note , same note be released or off .

If hold and legato be selected together:
    1, enter note : hold note .
    2, if enter another note or same note .
    Result: hold new note or ( same note ) and then release previous note.
    3, if touch and release immediately same note , same note be released or off .

NOTE : releasing notes with the chord polypad app method , could be more useful instead of disabling latch or unlatch , each time that we want to release, holded notes .

• @blueveek since Miditools is AU I've been using De-Ghost as my replacement for Midi-Fltr. Haven't got around to scripting my own midi note filter in Mosaic.

I was wondering how hard (or if I missed something) it would be to have the 'Block time' and maybe the 'Block same note' be available for midi controlling?

I get some nice textures and variations dialing those around especially using multiple note sources like drum sequencers and Cality.

Cheers

• @audiblevideo said:
    @blueveek since Miditools is AU I've been using De-Ghost as my replacement for Midi-Fltr. Haven't got around to scripting my own midi note filter in Mosaic.

I was wondering how hard (or if I missed something) it would be to have the 'Block time' and maybe the 'Block same note' be available for midi controlling?

I get some nice textures and variations dialing those around especially using multiple note sources like drum sequencers and Cality.

Cheers

Shouldn't be too hard. I think they're already automate-able, but not controllable via external MIDI.
    Added to the bucket list of things to check :)

• @blueveek said:

@audiblevideo said:
    @blueveek since Miditools is AU I've been using De-Ghost as my replacement for Midi-Fltr. Haven't got around to scripting my own midi note filter in Mosaic.

Cheers

Shouldn't be too hard. I think they're already automate-able, but not controllable via external MIDI.

When I'm in AUM and I have Roseta LFO selected for the modulator in the Miditools plugin I see no parameter to attach a CC to.

Thanks for looking. ;)

• edited June 2019

@audiblevideo said:

@blueveek said:

@audiblevideo said:

Cheers

When I'm in AUM and I have Roseta LFO selected for the modulator in the Miditools plugin I see no parameter to attach a CC to.

Thanks for looking. ;)

Just checked, and AUM correctly respects the fact that I specified these parameters as private for now. The reason I marked them as private was because they didn't support external MIDI controllers, but this shouldn't be to hard to amend.

• Hi blueveek
    Do you want to make changes in latch section ?

• Hi
    I just bought the app on AUM this is the only tool that shows
    Is it me that I do something wrong ?
    Thank you

• @dalton34gr said:
    Hi
    I just bought the app on AUM this is the only tool that shows
    Is it me that I do something wrong ?

You just need to add it in an AUM Midi channel, not an Audio channel.

• Thank you I got it
    It was me !!!!
    🙈

• Echoing the comment from 2019 that it would be great to be able to control parameters via MIDI. My use case is to use an external slider to control velocity of an input device that has no velocity.