Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Suggestions for Intense & dramatic (rock) songs?

a friend at work is putting together a sizzle reel and asked for any suggestions for songs that were "intense, dramatic (but not depressing), mid-to-fast tempo, probably rock based songs, but open to others" and preferably something current - but a few years old might work too.

I'm busy and don't have time now to put much brain energy into thinking of anything... if anybody here has any suggestions I'll pass them along.

Comments

• Check out Alter Bridge. They have lots of great tunes.

• @Halftone said:
    a friend at work is putting together a sizzle reel and asked for any suggestions for songs that were "intense, dramatic (but not depressing), mid-to-fast tempo, probably rock based songs, but open to others" and preferably something current - but a few years old might work too.

I'm busy and don't have time now to put much brain energy into thinking of anything... if anybody here has any suggestions I'll pass them along.

U2

Bryan

Europe

London Boys

2 Unlimited

Corrs

Kelly

Ke$ha

Donna

Kenny

A-ha

Scorpions

Meatloaf

REO

HTH

• Arendering by Exotic Animal Petting Zoo immediately comes to mind as intense and dramatic. It's probably 10 years old now, but doubtful most people know it at all. Warning: 75% of their other stuff is basically terrible but this song is amazing, moreso as you get further into it.
    [

Bring Me The Horizon's latest album is pretty awesome, and I particularly love Nihilist Blues (with Grimes):
    [

I discovered Annisokay yesterday and liked just about every song I heard by them although many were pretty similar. They alternate pretty boy singing with screaming, but it's melodic and interesting. Example:
    [

• edited May 2019

Speaking of Grimes...this song rocks.

[

(also, literally ANYTHING by 'I Will Never Be the Same')

• Think some folks may have missed the part about the music being from the last few years...

Some of my faves as of late:

This is off of Low's Double Negative album, hands down the most intense and original record of 2018

Also got a new Breeders record, same lineup as Last Splash, 25 years later sound just as good.

Aphew Twins most recent

David Bazan of Pedro the Lion has been on fire this last few years.

And Beach House made their most sonically ferocious album thanks to Sonic Boom (Spacemen 3) and Alan Moulder (also responsible for the best Smashing Pumpkins and Nine Inch Nails stuff)

• Failure ... Counterfeit Sky comes to mind
    Lost in the Trees ...Past Life
    Jack White....Fight for my Love

Man I don’t have much, mostly depressing rock lately lol

• Nice choices, @Thardus . Enjoyed those...