Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Velocity keyboard(blue mangoo) video demo.

I play over a backing track on my monitors.
Everything is recorded live with an apogee mic plugged in an ipad air 2.
Ambience sound.
That’s the best i can do at the moment😉😉.

Comments

• Lovely playing :smiley:

What app are you using for the guitar sound?

• edited May 2019

Thanks!
    I use beathawk for the guitar sound.
    The baroque pack.

• I really liked that @flo26

• Fantastic! So expressive...

• Sounds rad!

• @flo26 sounds amazing! How do you get slides to work coming out of Beathawk? I’ve been trying to figure that one out with both GeoShred and Velocity Keyboard.

• Great playing. The vid really shows off the expressiveness of vkb.

• @flo26 great playing, thanks for sharing
    @mjcouche go in the settings in Velocity, pitch -> bend range and set it at 2...and that’s it

• @cuscolima awesome thank you!

• That's a nice.

• Thanks a lot guys for your comments.
    Thanks cuscolima for answering mj couche.

• Thanks a lot!
    It was really quickly done.
    Mistakes here and there,but hey,that's also part of the game 😉😉.

• edited May 2019

after picking up my jaw off the floor...

@flo26 You have some serious chops my friend.. If you would have played that on the nylon string guitar, I would have been impressed. But this is.. I'm in awe! You've gone beyond what I thought was possible from playing a screen.. the chromatic and bluesy runs, the bursts of notes.. the dynamics.. all of it.. masterful + beautiful! And LIVE!!

I don't know what your background is as far as playing piano, but I'm guessing you do have that skill because your fingers seem to be very dexterous.. they are capable of flying on screen OR on a fret-board. You have definitely transferred your guitar mastery to the iPad screen. Well done!

Velocity Keyboard seems like a great partner for your skills. I'm curious about the actual keyboard layout.. Are you using the standard fourths tuning within the app? Would you find it easier to play guitar-like with an actual standard guitar tuning (EADGBE instead of EADGCF)?

I wonder how difficult it would be for @Blue_Mangoo to include the ability to tune each horizontal row like you would a guitar string? THAT would be amazing! I don't think we have that option anywhere yet.. Custom tunings, Open tunings, Modal tunings.. Oh, the possibilities..

Once again your musicianship shines through.. thanks for sharing it with us. :)

• Thanks soooo much for your kind words!
    I use the standard fourth tuning.
    I’ve tried others...not for me😉.
    My piano skills are limited,but i try to improve them.
    Thanks again!
    Take care!
    Flo

• @flo26 would you mind if we shared this video on our website?

• Feel free to use it.

• @flo26 said:
    Feel free to use it.

Thank you :)

• @royor said:
    I'm curious about the actual keyboard layout.. Are you using the standard fourths tuning within the app? Would you find it easier to play guitar-like with an actual standard guitar tuning (EADGBE instead of EADGCF)?

Velocity Keyboard already has the EADGBE guitar tuning. :smile:

• That’s great, was just about the pull the trigger on geo but VK looks great. Only issue is it won’t work on my iPad 2 as a separate controller where as geo will :-(

‘> @flo26 said:

I play over a backing track on my monitors.
    Everything is recorded live with an apogee mic plugged in an ipad air 2.
    Ambience sound.
    That’s the best i can do at the moment😉😉.

• Sounds awesome! That one has been on my radar for a minute, I really like the layout it has since it feels more like playing a guitar