Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus and loopy

Iam trying to do a setup where i route 8 loops from loppy to trough audiobus to aum in seperate channels but when i try to save the preset aum doesnt save state it times out, any suggestion on how to peoceed ?

I want it like this so i can bounce loops when jamming. Up to 4 channels works ok but not 8

Comments

• I think i figured it i will route audio out from aum to loopy trough audiobus and then the seperate channels from loopy directly in aum, and i ised the combined output from loopy to nothing in audiobus otherwise i would het doubble outs from loopy dont ask why, i can explain better when iam at my computer if anyone is interested,

Making a jamming preset for my digitakt

• Would love to see the exported base template that wires up Loopy and Audiobus and aum. I was trying to do the same but it ended up being a mess of jumping all over the place and getting lot of crackling etc

• @thepinkelefant said:
    Would love to see the exported base template that wires up Loopy and Audiobus and aum. I was trying to do the same but it ended up being a mess of jumping all over the place and getting lot of crackling etc

Btw, in the forum's knowledge base topic there is a discussion of AUM/LOOPY/AB3 use that you might find helpful.

Hopefully it will be in the wiki soon, too.

• I've posted a rough version of what will turn into a better tutorial:

https://wiki.audiob.us/loopy_aum_integration_with_audiobus_3

If anyone knows of other related videos, or threads, feel free to add them t the wiki page or mention them here, and I'll add them.

• @Hansson said:
    Iam trying to do a setup where i route 8 loops from loppy to trough audiobus to aum in seperate channels but when i try to save the preset aum doesnt save state it times out, any suggestion on how to peoceed ?

I want it like this so i can bounce loops when jamming. Up to 4 channels works ok but not 8

I put AUM into AUDIOBUS so I think we mean same thing but that is my approach

• @Hansson said:
    I think i figured it i will route audio out from aum to loopy trough audiobus and then the seperate channels from loopy directly in aum, and i ised the combined output from loopy to nothing in audiobus otherwise i would het doubble outs from loopy dont ask why, i can explain better when iam at my computer if anyone is interested,

Making a jamming preset for my digitakt

Did you get this figured out? If you use Audiobus plus AUM + plus Loopy and save the Audiobus document, everything will be saved including the AUM setup

The setup in the wiki article just shows using the stereo in from Loopy, but it also works (I just tested it) if you use the individual outs. I just setup a project using 6 of loopy's individual outs. It saved and restored fine.