Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Noob NanoStudio2 Question

I started a project in NanoStudio2 on my iPad mini because I had it with me, I also have a 2017 iPad Pro 12.9 that has NanoStudio2 on it and I prefer to work on it when I can.

is there a way to transfer a work in progress from the iPad Mini to the iPad pro?

Comments

• airdrop ;)

just put both ipads close to each other and enable AirDrop

Then go to NS on first iPad and :

• choose Project > Archive
    • after archive is done, in dialogue window which appears choose "export"
    • in iOS standard file share popup, wait for a moment, you second iPad should appear in AirDrop icon place
    • tap it - after a moment Nanostudio on second pad opens
    • in second nannostudio go to Project > Load and choose "Archived" folder on left side - there is your importes file - NS then unpacks it and saves into normal projects folder (projects are transferred packed with *.NSA extension)

Note that samoles used in Factory and IAP presets are not packed into project - so if you use any IAP packs make sure that you downloaded them also on other ipad.

• I am trying but my ipads will not show up in airdrop i have it turned on ....AAAAGGGGHHHHHH!!!!

• wimwim
    edited May 2019

@ralis said:
    I am trying but my ipads will not show up in airdrop i have it turned on ....

Is Bluetooth enabled on all devices?

• edited May 2019

did you set it "everyone" on both ipads ? you also need to enable bluetooth on both ipads!

And both iPads needs tombe really close to each other.. in my experimce like max few centimeters away :)

In case it still doesn't work (which would be weird), you can stry share it, instead of to AirDrop, to Dropbox or iCloud drive (But for this you need of course internet connection)

Then on other iPad go to "Load > Archived", tap hamburger menu and there choose "import" ... then import files from iCloud or DropBox and load your project exported there from first iPad...

• edited May 2019

As another option, you can get a free 2GB Dropbox account. I use Dropbox all the time with NS2 and it works quite well. Or WebDV @dendy ?

• I had to restart log out of iCloud re login then it showed up what a pain! I have drop box I will use that from now on thank you

• There’s also an app by Readdle called ‘Documents’ which has its own take on airdrop and works with any file type and can transfer whole folders at once too.

You just need the documents app on the two iPads and you can ‘file drop’ between them. It’s a free app. I’ve used it for years and it’s always been very reliable.

• @klownshed said:
    There’s also an app by Readdle called ‘Documents’ which has its own take on airdrop and works with any file type and can transfer whole folders at once too.

You just need the documents app on the two iPads and you can ‘file drop’ between them. It’s a free app. I’ve used it for years and it’s always been very reliable.

I used to recommend Documents but have switched over to iFiles. It’s only a couple bucks, has all the same functions as Documents plus batch renaming and file zip/unzip which come in handy for managing samples etc.

• edited May 2019

yeah iFiles is awesome app.. using it very all the time .. and it have WebDAV client so you can from within app access files in Nanostudio on other devices in same local area network !

• @dendy said:
    yeah iFiles is awesome app.. using it very all the time .. and it have WebDAV client so you can from within app access files in Nanostudio on other devices in same local area network !

@anickt

Hnmmm. Which is THE ifiles? Seem to be a few on the store called that....

• Bluetooth does not need to be enabled to use air drop, I find often that it just fails to work until you reboot yore receiving device, some times you'll need to reboot both devices... Strange issue hopefully resolved on iOS 13

• edited May 2019

@ralis said:
    I had to restart log out of iCloud re login then it showed up what a pain! I have drop box I will use that from now on thank you

@reasOne said:
    Bluetooth does not need to be enabled to use air drop, I find often that it just fails to work until you reboot yore receiving device, some times you'll need to reboot both devices... Strange issue hopefully resolved on iOS 13

I never had to restart but it can take ages until the remote device shows up as an AirDrop peer.
    Just be patient I would say.
    Sometimes it seems like disabling both WiFi and Bluetooth, then enabling WiFi, then Bluetooth, helps. Not only with AirDrop but also with connecting two iDevices over Bluetooth MIDI when one of them emulates a Bluetooth client.

• edited May 2019

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@dendy said:

@anickt

Hnmmm. Which is THE ifiles? Seem to be a few on the store called that....

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ifiles-2/id1104795347?mt=8

@reasOne said:
    Bluetooth does not need to be enabled to use air drop, I find often that it just fails to work until you reboot yore receiving device, some times you'll need to reboot both devices... Strange issue hopefully resolved on iOS 13

Hm, you're true, sorry for missinformation. I thought BT is needed for AirDrop device detection.

• @anickt said:

@klownshed said:
    There’s also an app by Readdle called ‘Documents’ which has its own take on airdrop and works with any file type and can transfer whole folders at once too.

I used to recommend Documents but have switched over to iFiles. It’s only a couple bucks, has all the same functions as Documents plus batch renaming and file zip/unzip which come in handy for managing samples

Documents can unzip too. I have a few Readdle apps and they’re all pretty good and they seem to be a prominent iOS and Mac developer. Spark is one of the better mail alternatives for example.

It can sync folders between iOS devices (that don’t have to be on same iCloud account) and also does the usual WebDAV type stuff too. And coupled with pdf expert (my favourite pdf viewer on Mac and iOS) it’s a very power app.

But whichever Is your favourite, I have found a Documents type app to be invaluable. Files app has reduced its necessity but it still fills many of the gaps files app has.

It’s definitely worth finding an app like Documents for many little finder type tasks that are tricky or impossible with the stock apps.