Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Not able to use audio tracks in Auria Pro

In Auria Pro, it’s only working when I’m in midi, in other words, when I try and create a new project, and add an audio track, none of my IAA, or Audio Units shows up in the menu. I’m sure I’m doing something wrong somewhere, but what would cause this? Before I upgraded to Auria Pro, the base model would only let me create audio tracks, and all, or most of my apps would show up in the menu. Thank you in advance!

Comments

• @Ripper7620 said:
    In Auria Pro, it’s only working when I’m in midi, in other words, when I try and create a new project, and add an audio track, none of my IAA, or Audio Units shows up in the menu. I’m sure I’m doing something wrong somewhere, but what would cause this? Before I upgraded to Auria Pro, the base model would only let me create audio tracks, and all, or most of my apps would show up in the menu. Thank you in advance!

You load your AU or iaa instruments via the “channel strip” which you’ll see when you tap fx on your audio track header (channel strip on the left of the fox dashboard). If it’s an AU you can use the keyboard to play it- you’ll hear it if the keys are assigned to that track and the channel is armed to Rec)

• @Ripper7620 said:

When you say “in the menu”, do you mean the track input menu?

For an audio track, the input menu shows inputs like audio interface inputs, mic input, AudioBus if it is connected.

IAA and AU are available as inserts in the channel strip. Click on the FX button to bring up the channel strip and choose the IAA or AU from the insert popup.

• @Ripper7620 said:

• Thank you very much for your replies, yes, I use AP as a stand-alone app, and always load tracks from the fx icon in the individual channel strips, or the input, it’s working fine in midi, but for not for audio. I’m putting up a couple of pictures to demonstrate.

• @Ripper7620 said:
    Thank you very much for your replies, yes, I use AP as a stand-alone app, and always load tracks from the fx icon in the individual channel strips, or the input, it’s working fine in midi, but for not for audio. I’m putting up a couple of pictures to demonstrate.

Please re-read the replies above. They explain how to do it. You need to do this in the channel strip window you get when pressing the FX button. @Rodolfo posted a picture for you.

• @Ripper7620 said:
    Thank you very much for your replies, yes, I use AP as a stand-alone app, and always load tracks from the fx icon in the individual channel strips, or the input, it’s working fine in midi, but for not for audio. I’m putting up a couple of pictures to demonstrate.

You’re tapping on the wrong place, that’s for routing audio, not for loading plugins.
    Tap the button labeled “FX”, then tap on the insert slot. See the picture I posted before.

• Here’s what I get when I pull up the fx icon in an audio track > @Rodolfo said:

@Ripper7620 said:

I’m sorry, I just went back and looked at your post again, perfectly clear. Thank you very much, I appreciate it, and understand now!

• edited May 2019

@espiegel123 said:

@Ripper7620 said:

Please re-read the replies above. They explain how to do it. You need to do this in the channel strip window you get when pressing the FX button. @Rodolfo posted a picture for you.

Also, the instrument (at least if it’s AU, but IAA instrument probably too) will appear all the way at the bottom of the pictured list (audio inputs on the track header) and must be selected...
    It’s a lot of steps.

• I’m sorry I didn’t read and LOOK at your posts carefully, you guys all explained it right the first time, thank you again for your help, I appreciate it very much!

• @Littlewoodg said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Ripper7620 said:

Also, the instrument (at least if it’s AU, but IAA instrument probably too) will appear all the way at the bottom of the pictured list (audio inputs on the track header) and must be selected...
    It’s a lot of steps.

Instruments can be loaded straight from the mixer window, only effects need to be loaded from the channel strip:

• @richardyot said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Ripper7620 said:

It’s a lot of steps.

Instruments can be loaded straight from the mixer window, only effects need to be loaded from the channel strip:

Thank you for your reply, indeed, that’s works great with midi, but in my particular case, that option is not available on audio tracks, when before I upgraded to AP, it did in fact work perfectly. I’m having some additional issues with AP, occasionally, the effects in the channel strip will change settings on their own, for reasons I can’t understand. That is why I’m considering working more in audio recording. When I complete a work in midi, and then change the tempo, it ends up cutting off parts of the midi tracks, and adding length to others, and that’s the main reason I’m even considering recording in audio mode.

• @richardyot said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Ripper7620 said:

It’s a lot of steps.

I think you missed that he was asking about audio and not MIDI tracks.

• edited May 2019

@espiegel123 said:

I was responding to another post, AU and IAA instruments can be loaded straight from mixer view, it's just effects (and I guess IAA generator instruments) that have to be loaded from the Channel Strip.

• @richardyot said:

@espiegel123 said:

I was responding to another post, AU and IAA instruments can be loaded straight from mixer view, it's just effects (and I guess IAA generator instruments) that have to be loaded from the Channel Strip.

Yeah that was me- I had a feeling there was a more direct way to get to hearing the instrument but it’s been awhile...