Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Stagelight VoiceSynth workflow? Midi on audio tracks?

I’ve been trying to work within the current limitations of stagelight and create a viable workflow using it

One question I have yet to solve

I currently use VoiceSynth in my productions for it’s autotune effect

Voice Synth allows you to select a midi input source so that it will pitch shift the incoming audio to the incoming midi note value-this is done via midi note input, not midi cc input

To allow for midi routing this way in hosts that do not allow midi to be routed to an audio track, the VoiceSynth interface has a selection interface within it’s GUI that allows you to select which midi input source should be read for note values

If I record singing on an audio track in Stagelight while I am simultaneously playing midi notes, how can I have these notes recorded in such a way that they effect the performance of VoiceSynth during playback of the vocals?

@wim , you had said that Stagelight does not output midi, is there a way to record the midi notes to a midi track in stagelight, and somehow pipe this midi data to VoiceSynth?

Would using RouteMIDIApp create a work around that would allow midi to be piped out of stagelight and then funneled back into voicesynth?

Would any of this be any easier if we were talking about reading midi cc values on an audio track rather than note values?

Thank you so much for any suggestions or tips!!

Comments

• wimwim
    edited May 2019

Unfortunately, there’s no way for me to test that since I don’t own VoiceSynth. I can’t say whether VoiceSynth would actually be able to receive midi from an external source in Stagelight.

[edit] It doesn’t look promising. I can’t even find RouteMIDIApp in the list of external plugins in Stagelight, even though I own it. Must have had a brain glitch. I see it now. Doing some testing...

• Thank you for asking this question! That would also be important for my workflow as I try to adopt Stagelight.

• wimwim
    edited May 2019

Sorry. :/ In my tests, routeMIDI wasn’t able to send MIDI out of Stagelight.

However, that doesn’t exclude the possibility of sending MIDI to VoiceSynth directly from hardware. I can’t test that though.

• @wim said:

However, that doesn’t exclude the possibility of sending MIDI to VoiceSynth directly from hardware. I can’t test that though.

Thank you so much for testing🙌🙌🙌

Hmmm that’s unfortunate...

Is there any other conceivable way to get Stagelight to record or preserve the changes in pitch from voicesynth or another pitchshifter?

I am open to any solution, midi based, audio track recording based, just need to somehow have those pitch changes recorded in the timeline

Is it possible to route midi from one Stagelight track to an audio track in stagelight? Any other conceivable solutions?

• wimwim
    edited May 2019

@annahahn said:

@wim said:

Thank you so much for testing🙌🙌🙌

Hmmm that’s unfortunate...

Is there any other conceivable way to get Stagelight to record or preserve the changes in pitch from voicesynth or another pitchshifter?

I am open to any solution, midi based, audio track recording based, just need to somehow have those pitch changes recorded in the timeline

Is it possible to route midi from one Stagelight track to an audio track in stagelight? Any other conceivable solutions?

Does it have to be real-time? Because, you can import recorded clips. With background audio enabled in Stagelight, you could record your vocals in another host while still hearing Stagelight play, then import them.

Other than that I got nothin’.

If only they’d get AudioBus support, you’d be good to go. Or even if they fixed Core Midi Out.

• You might want to take this over to their forum: http://forums.openlabs.com/

• edited May 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited May 2019

Audio Veeks MidiTools has a audio unit called Midi Route. It can route midi to a specific app on a specific channel. Did you try that ?
    I don’t have StageLight and VoiceSynth so I can not test it for you 🤔

• wimwim
    edited May 2019

@White said:
    Audio Veeks MidiTools has a audio unit called Midi Route. It can route midi to a specific app on a specific channel. Did you try that ?

Doesn’t work. Audio tracks don’t take midi input in Stagelight. And AUv3 midi plugins don’t work in Stagelight.

• @wim said:

@White said:

Doesn’t work. Audio tracks don’t take midi input in Stagelight. And AUv3 midi plugins don’t work in Stagelight.

Ok, thanks 😊 didn’t know that