Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Please help my friend with a life threatening health condition.

edited May 2019 in Other

My friend is doing better

• His kidneys are starting to function.
  • The anti-clot medication his father takes has been effective so hopefully the same will be true for DJ.
  • Thank you all for your support. DJ and his husband Chris are very thankful for your kind wishes and thoughts.

Help my friend tell his story

• Please help my friend to tell his story.
  • He has spent his life supporting people in the mental health system so they can work towards having a more fulfilling life.
  • He has saved my life several times.
  • He's been on the front lines fighting with those who have PTSD including the survivors of Katrina during his first year as an LCSW.
  • He has kidney and liver failure due to blood clots in his kidneys.
  • Facing the prospect of having his life unexpectedly cut short due to the genetic hand he was dealt is overwhelming.
  • He’s a cancer survivor, is currently on dialysis, and his future is precarious.
  • We have been best friends since we met almost 25 years ago.
  • His spouse is especially distraught.
  • Any encouragement and support you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Information About Myself

Author Profile

Disclaimer: WARNING strong male emotional display

A video appeal coming from a place of despair for my friend’s plight.

Comments

• Here’s a place where you can tweet encouragement for my friend DJ who is having dialysis while battling for his life.

• This is pretty painful viewing @InfoCheck. But valuable. Some might say this is a tech forum. I would say it is equally a community. There is room for everyone and every experience. Thank you for posting.

• edited May 2019

@LinearLineman said:
    This is pretty painful viewing @InfoCheck. But valuable. Some might say this is a tech forum. I would say it is equally a community. There is room for everyone and every experience. Thank you for posting.

Thank you very much for your consideration. I know at times we haven’t clearly communicated with each other so having your support is especially meaningful to me. I think I’ve tried to fly under the radar for a long time here and tried to suppress my emotions by taking on the infocheck user name and persona. I think I’m better off being okay sharing some information about my personal life but it should not be as intense as this post because that’s not the primary reason why people come here.

Unfortunately I’ve relied too much on isolating and being above it all through aloofness or in rare instances I’ll resort to satire so dry that nobody gets it or if they do they find it so obnoxious that they ignore me the way they would an internet troll. It’s most likely been the latter. My posts on the thread about the impending removal of the headphone jack on the iPhone 7 where I extolled the virtues of removing the headphone jack was an example of this

I will post information about my friend DJ’s progress as I don’t feel it’s appropriate to ask people to send him words of encouragement without letting them know how his care plan is working out.

• edited May 2019

Sending your friend DJ, yourself, your families, and everyone involved my love and blessings. Wishing you all the best 💗

• edited May 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thank you for all your kind thoughts. ‪My friend DJ looks like he’s at a turning point as his kidneys and urinary tract are starting to flow.

A friend was able to give them the money they needed to purchase a used car to replace the one which was repossessed when they couldn’t make the payments due to medical bills and not being able to work. It has been a very tough year for them.

• @Max23 said:

very interesting lyrics :smiley:

Hopefully interesting in a good way.

• edited May 2019

@Max23 said:
    puh, thats a lot of info to absorb, so I need a moment to compose my thoughts.
    go and see your friend and talk to him, if thats to stressful for you write him, you will regret it later if you don't, as he may not be around for much longer.
    It will be a hard time for you if he dies, but it will be a much harder time for you if you think you left him alone and weren't there for him.
    you seem very self reflective, so I guess you've had your share of therapy from professionals already.
    do you have a pet?
    if not go to an animal shelter and get one. they are much easier to deal with than human relationships. that helps with feeling alienated and isolated. A cat may suit you better than a dog because you can leave them alone for 3 days in case you can't take care of the little creature for some amount of time.
    Thanks for letting us have a peek behind the veil.
    Best wishes to both of you.

btw. I like unusual ppl, normal ppl bore me

Yes, it can definitely be overwhelming so I appreciate the tolerance of the people here.

That’s what my therapist says. I had some very cool dogs, here’s one of my dachshund . Unfortunately he passed away from stomach cancer 6 years ago.

I live by myself in a small town and it’s only been about a year and a half so there’s really nobody to take care of any pets when I’m gone. My income is fixed so I wouldn’t be able to afford vet bills either should something go wrong. Having a dog for a pet is probably not such a good idea as I need to make more of an effort to meet people here which isn’t so easy in a small rural mountain town (kind of like Southpark only way smaller).

• @InfoCheck said:
    Yes, it can definitely be overwhelming so I appreciate the tolerance of the people here.

Don't worry about that - this is a tech forum, but there's a reason there's an OFF TOPIC page.

The community here has been EXTREMELY tolerant of my posts about my kid's cheese blog, my own inadequacies and stresses, my life goals...

It's OK for you to be stressed and need an outlet. That's what we're here for, and to be frank - anyone who is bothered by that can get fucked.

• edited May 2019

Un> @Daveypoo said:

@InfoCheck said:

Don't worry about that - this is a tech forum, but there's a reason there's an OFF TOPIC page.

The community here has been EXTREMELY tolerant of my posts about my kid's cheese blog, my own inadequacies and stresses, my life goals...

It's OK for you to be stressed and need an outlet. That's what we're here for, and to be frank - anyone who is bothered by that can get fucked.

Unfortunately I can be very insensitive at times so I apologize to those who have experienced that.

I think Eli’s latest outakes and bloopers are world class— @jakoB_haQ should be glad Eli is sticking to cheese. . . for now.

• edited May 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @InfoCheck said:
    Thank you for all your kind thoughts. ‪My friend DJ looks like he’s at a turning point as his kidneys and urinary tract are starting to flow.

That’s good to hear 😀 hopefully he will continue to get better. Also, I don’t know if this is useful, but there was an audiobus live chat setup here - https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/29316/now-live-audiobus-chatroom-get-together-a-place-to-hang-out-and-talk-in-realtime/p2 - I haven’t tried it yet, but possibly useful.?

Wishing you all the best 🌅

• Good folks here.

• @InfoCheck said:
    I think Eli’s latest outakes and bloopers are world class— @jakoB_haQ should be glad Eli is sticking to cheese. . . for now.

That's just me egging him on, really. But thank you - he thinks the end is pretty funny too.

• Just letting every one body know that I’ll be incommunicado for 3 days to a week or so. Once again, thank you for all your support.