Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BASSalicious Gone Mad ... Help!

Just bumping this cause I have yet to figure this out...,

The best way to describe this is that BASSalicious is babbling like a madman! After no problems using it in a track I returned to find it a blithering idiot! I reinstalled it and the same. A seemingly arpegiated cacophony that won’t shut up. And, the mod wheel is doing a jitterbug to the bass.

Turned off effects cause I thought it was some kind of overload, looked for an arpegiator turned on... there is none. It has to be something simple, but, short of an injection of thorazine, I can't figure how to make it shut up and play my midi bass track. Back to iFretless till one of youse can solve this one.

New clue: the prob is only with the track I used miditools key zone to split in two. The lower keyed midi track is having the glitch. The upper kybd midi track works fine. Split Keyboard personalities!

Is there a synth psychiatrist in the house?

Comments

• The machines are winning.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Help!

Probably Miditools that’s the problem not Bassalicious from your description.

• edited May 2019

That’s an interesting possibility. @blueveek, any thoughts on this problem? As I said, it is only not working with my split zone bass midi part. And iFretless bass is no problem. So I kind of doubt it. That being said... MidiTools Keyboard zone is a godsend for me. Thank you! Would still love to save configurations though!

• @LinearLineman said:
    That’s an interesting possibility. @blueveek, any thoughts on this problem? As I said, it is only not working with my split zone bass midi part. And iFretless bass is no problem. So I kind of doubt it. That being said... MidiTools Keyboard zone is a godsend for me. Thank you! Would still love to save configurations though!

Have you tried reversing the parts for the splits, to see if it still suffers it’s madness as the upper split?

• edited May 2019

@knewspeak, no insanity in the upper split! Perplexing! Again, iFretless in the bass midi works fine, so I don’t think it is a problem with miditools.

• @LinearLineman Can you insert a MIDI Monitor right after the lower split and check if the messages look sane?

• @blueveek, thanks for responding. I don't know what you asking me to do. What is a midi monitor, please? But don't you think if iFretless bass works fine it is not a midi problem but Bassalicious? What is strange is that I made a track using exactly the same midi setup with Bassalicious and no problem. Thanks!

• @LinearLineman said:
    @blueveek, thanks for responding. I don't know what you asking me to do. What is a midi monitor, please? But don't you think if iFretless bass works fine it is not a midi problem but Bassalicious? What is strange is that I made a track using exactly the same midi setup with Bassalicious and no problem. Thanks!

This is the MIDI Monitor I'm referring to: http://audioveek.com/monitor/ If you could put the monitor after MIDI Key Zone, you'll be able to monitor MIDI before it's being sent to iFretless, and see if there's anything fishy going on. If things look the same as with Bassalicious, then this is an issue with iFretless and not Key Zone (which I'm 99% sure of based on your description of things, but I might be wrong). A short video would help me out if you could make one, otherwise let's jump over DM.