Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beatmaker 2 iphone audiobus support?

Hello

Does beatmaker 2 feature audiobus support? Ie allowing for multirouting between AUM? I have been trying to do this with n-track and audio evolution but it is soooo buggy

Comments

• wimwim
    edited May 2019

Did you really mean BeatMaker 2, or BeatMaker 3?
    [edit] nvm ... you said iPhone, so must be BM2. If no one else answers, I’ll reinstall and check.

• wimwim
    edited May 2019

It’s none of my business, I know, but I still can’t help thinking you’d be way better off using Xequence to do midi routing and sequencing to all your apps, and AudioBus + AUM for the rest. Been watching you struggling to find a solution for a while now. Maybe there’s some reason you can’t go that direction, but I thought I’d throw the idea out there one last time.

Xequence loads beautifully into AudioBus, and handles all MIDI duties beautifully.

• @wim said:
    It’s none of my business, I know, but I still can’t help thinking you’d be way better off using Xequence to do midi routing and sequencing to all your apps, and AudioBus + AUM for the rest. Been watching you struggling to find a solution for a while now. Maybe there’s some reason you can’t go that direction, but I thought I’d throw the idea out there one last time.

Xequence loads beautifully into AudioBus, and handles all MIDI duties beautifully.

Thanks so much for the thoughtful feedback~ Xequence does not allow audio recording does it? I need to also be able to record audio into a conventional timeline without having to do some weird sort of recording/sample triggering within AUM as controlled by xequence...but if xequence allows audio recording from Audiobus I might be all set

• edited May 2019

yes, it works like a breeze... for every new BM2 instance inserted in AB3 to output slot, in BM2 is automatically created audio track.. You can then rod multi chanel anything you insert into proper AB3 input slots (so also AUM)

i used BM2 a lot in past (not at iPhone, at iPad), and i was very satisfied, did a lot of tracks there ... stable app.

• wimwim
    edited May 2019

Q> @annahahn said:

Thanks so much for the thoughtful feedback~ Xequence does not allow audio recording does it? I need to also be able to record audio into a conventional timeline without having to do some weird sort of recording/sample triggering within AUM as controlled by xequence...but if xequence allows audio recording from Audiobus I might be all set

Nope. No audio recording. Sounds like maybe BM2 is a good alternative. For audio only, MultiTrack DAW is an excellent choice too.