Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Fugue Machine Power Users?

2»

Comments

• Thanks folks. I like @CracklePot’s idea of 1 to 1 conversion.

• @CracklePot said:
    @aplourde
    I would think that the app could have a mode where it does a 1 to 1 conversion of a value, but just changed the message type. Like CC to Notes, but 0-127 maps to 0-127 for value conversion. For Notes to PC, each Midi note would auto-map to Programs 0-127.

Is this possible @audeonic ?

I asked about that; the possibility of an all/wildcard setting. I think the intent is that mfxConvert is a simple tool for quick remapping, for more general purpose conversions something like StreamByter should be used (or other apps like Midiflow).

I do hope that one thing can be changed: have mfxConvert default its converted value to the "learned" value. This way setting up a bunch of conversions would be quicker than scrolling the number list.

e.g. I learn note 60; when I select the event type I'm converting to (say continuous controller) it currently defaults to 0 (even if I already assigned 0). Ideally it would default to CC60 (or whatever the learned value was). Then, when you select note 61 and convert to CC it defaults to CC61, etc.

• Is there any way i can midi cc the tempo/octave/pitch inside fm? Thank you

• @Sergiu said:
    Is there any way i can midi cc the tempo/octave/pitch inside fm? Thank you

Currently Fugue Machine only responds to Program Change messages to select other patterns.
    This works very well during playback, so you could setup variations of your pattern with different play speeds, transpositions, etc. and recall them during playback. Here's an example: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/31224/demo-of-fugue-machine-midi-note-to-program-change-transposing/

However, this isn't realtime manipulation, it's just triggering alternate patterns. Perhaps if enough people beg, @Alexandernaut will expose the AU parameters to the hosts so realtime control could happen!

• Appreciate your reply> @aplourde said:

@Sergiu said:
    Is there any way i can midi cc the tempo/octave/pitch inside fm? Thank you

Currently Fugue Machine only responds to Program Change messages to select other patterns.
    This works very well during playback, so you could setup variations of your pattern with different play speeds, transpositions, etc. and recall them during playback. Here's an example: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/31224/demo-of-fugue-machine-midi-note-to-program-change-transposing/

However, this isn't realtime manipulation, it's just triggering alternate patterns. Perhaps if enough people beg, @Alexandernaut will expose the AU parameters to the hosts so realtime control could happen!

• Independent loop selection per playhead (like Addictive Pro) would be amazing.

• Another question for the power users — is there some way of accessing the patterns in the AU that I’ve made in the standalone?
    Thanks

• @Artefact2001 said:
    Another question for the power users — is there some way of accessing the patterns in the AU that I’ve made in the standalone?
    Thanks

There is a way to copy from standalone and paste into the AU. Sadly that's it for now

• @espiegel123 said:

@Artefact2001 said:
    Another question for the power users — is there some way of accessing the patterns in the AU that I’ve made in the standalone?
    Thanks

There is a way to copy from standalone and paste into the AU. Sadly that's it for now

@espiegel123, could you explain how it's done? I just had a look at the standalone and the AU, and it's not obvious to me - there's a backup function for the pattern library as a whole in the standalone, and a copy/paste function for individual patterns in the AU, but how (or if) these work together isn't clear to me.

• You can longpress a pattern name in the standalone app and then the Copy button shows, press that and paste in the AU.

• @Harro said:
    You can longpress a pattern name in the standalone app and then the Copy button shows, press that and paste in the AU.

Hey, I actually changed it to swipe right on the standalone app. Like so:

• @Alexandernaut said:

@Harro said:
    You can longpress a pattern name in the standalone app and then the Copy button shows, press that and paste in the AU.

@Harro thanks for the reply, likewise @Alexandernaut - now you mention it I remember when you mentioned that on the forum before, sorry! I didn't try it out at the time so I evidently forgot. Now tested and confirmed, that's really handy, thanks.

• @eddielovesyou said:
    Independent loop selection per playhead (like Addictive Pro) would be amazing.

While I'm not going to deny that setting the loop flags per playhead would be great, you can replicate this feature by just loading up another instance of the FM AU and setting a different loop range there. Then run one playhead in the first instance, another playhead in the second, etc. and you can have the same base pattern of notes played with different playheads and different loop ranges. Repeat for as many variations as you want!

• @Tim said:

@Alexandernaut said:

@Harro said:

@Harro thanks for the reply, likewise @Alexandernaut - now you mention it I remember when you mentioned that on the forum before, sorry! I didn't try it out at the time so I evidently forgot. Now tested and confirmed, that's really handy, thanks.

New question though... so I copied one preset from standalone to AU, and then I just copied all presets from ipad to phone via airdrop - but is it possible to copy all presets in bulk from standalone to AU? Not a big deal but it would save a bit of time...