Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

WIKI add app form

I have created a page to facilitate adding pages for apps to the wiki. The form will let you add an app page without knowing how to use the wiki's authoring tools

PLEASE: double-check the information you enter before submitting the form.

https://wiki.audiob.us/add_an_app

Because there are some dependencies, please don't edit the forms page or related template without there being some discussion here.

Comments

• This is very cool. I’d been having similar thoughts about the ongoing DAW threads.

DAW Feature Comparison Grids

• Lots of questions about the features of DAWs
    • Really can get all of this info. from the App Store
    • Digging it out of threads is problematic.
    • Having a form like this would be a great way to gather this info.
    • users could then select their feature criteria and pull up a grid of the DAWs that satisfy their criteria.

I don’t know how easy this would be to do, but the need is certainly there.

• Nice!

Should we add a bit in the middle section about some of that info being available via https://audiob.us/apps/?

The "More information (optional)" section isn't actually optional. I think it should be though—fine to create a placeholder page for an app. Also, once the page is created, the wiki toolbar is available for authors. Indeed, maybe we should consider removing this field entirely? Just edit the page once it's created.

• Is it possible to hide the handle display if the value passed is blank? Even though we have lots of developers here, figuring this is going to blank for most apps.

Developer AB Forum Handle: @@Developer's AB Forum handle (optional)@@

Or leave the placeholder so it can be added later but hide @@Developer's AB Forum handle (optional)@@

• @InfoCheck said:
    This is very cool. I’d been having similar thoughts about the ongoing DAW threads.

• users could then select their feature criteria and pull up a grid of the DAWs that satisfy their criteria.

Think many people would find this valuable if you're up for it. Thing is, this kind of content can go stale quickly—as updates are released for each DAW in the list, someone has to go and keep it updated.

• @syrupcore said:

@InfoCheck said:
    This is very cool. I’d been having similar thoughts about the ongoing DAW threads.

Think many people would find this valuable if you're up for it. Thing is, this kind of content can go stale quickly—as updates are released for each DAW in the list, someone has to go and keep it updated.

The way to go is probably a table that we can fill in rather than something more complex to program. While not slick, it would be quick and easy to put together.

• @syrupcore said:

@InfoCheck said:

I think if we’re fortunate enough to have a few people in the habit of updating their form when their DAW app gets a significant update, it won’t be too difficult provided the DAW features list is essential and not full of too many bells and whistles.

• @espiegel123 said:

@syrupcore said:

@InfoCheck said:

The way to go is probably a table that we can fill in rather than something more complex to program. While not slick, it would be quick and easy to put together.

That would be great, a tutorial on how to do these tables could be a nice way too be able to synthesize the consensus people arrive at in various feature oriented or App A versus App B threads.

• @syrupcore said:
    Is it possible to hide the handle display if the value passed is blank? Even though we have lots of developers here, figuring this is going to blank for most apps.

Developer AB Forum Handle: @@Developer's AB Forum handle (optional)@@

Or leave the placeholder so it can be added later but hide @@Developer's AB Forum handle (optional)@@

Unless I missed something in the docs (which is possible -- I have been reading through a zillion plugin specs and tips and tricks forums for Dokuwiki) there isn't a way to suppress that.

The plugins used for the forms are bureaucracy and pagemod

I'll fix the optional field thing.

• @syrupcore said:
    Nice!

Should we add a bit in the middle section about some of that info being available via https://audiob.us/apps/?

The "More information (optional)" section isn't actually optional. I think it should be though—fine to create a placeholder page for an app. Also, once the page is created, the wiki toolbar is available for authors. Indeed, maybe we should consider removing this field entirely? Just edit the page once it's created.

Tx for the bug report. I'll fix it.

Before I remove it, maybe let's live with it for a few days. Even authors may find it a quick way to get the page started.

All the pages generated this way get "stub" and "unreviewed" tags that will make it convenient for people that want to get involved to find pages that could use some love, attention and expansion.

• @espiegel123 said:

@syrupcore said:
    Nice!

Tx for the bug report. I'll fix it.

Before I remove it, maybe let's live with it for a few days. Even authors may find it a quick way to get the page started.

All the pages generated this way get "stub" and "unreviewed" tags that will make it convenient for people that want to get involved to find pages that could use some love, attention and expansion.

Great to see these sorts of discussions happening here.

• @InfoCheck, information as performance art. Well done!

• @syrupcore said:
    Nice!

Do you want to go ahead and add that?

• @espiegel123 said:

@syrupcore said:
    Nice!

Do you want to go ahead and add that?

Done.

• Kinda has me wondering if we should pull the entire https://audiob.us/apps/ database and generate a wiki page for each. Wouldn't be hard to do, technically (presuming Michael could provide it to me as json or something) but I fear there would be a whole lot of clutter in the wiki (unused apps).

• @syrupcore said:
    Kinda has me wondering if we should pull the entire https://audiob.us/apps/ database and generate a wiki page for each. Wouldn't be hard to do, technically (presuming Michael could provide it to me as json or something) but I fear there would be a whole lot of clutter in the wiki (unused apps).

We probably don't want to pre-populate with everything in his database but it would be cool if one could pull in the info when adding an app.

My thinking is that if we have people get the pages started, it might keep the wiki weighted towards apps that are of interest.

• edited May 2019

I’ve been thinking that tags could be use to automatically create grids and tables based upon combinations of tags appearing in a page.

Perhaps a special namespace for reserved tags to differentiate them from regular tags in the root namespace might be appropriate.

I’m fairly clueless about the finer or even basic workings of using wikis to populate a page using tags and plugins. Is this a viable approach?

E.g. a page for a Database app which is created with a form containing information about its features and auto populates the generated page with reserved tags from the namespace listed above. This would then be use to generate tables which provide comparisons for various DAW apps people have entered through the form.

• @espiegel123 said:

@syrupcore said:
    Kinda has me wondering if we should pull the entire https://audiob.us/apps/ database and generate a wiki page for each. Wouldn't be hard to do, technically (presuming Michael could provide it to me as json or something) but I fear there would be a whole lot of clutter in the wiki (unused apps).

We probably don't want to pre-populate with everything in his database but it would be cool if one could pull in the info when adding an app.

My thinking is that if we have people get the pages started, it might keep the wiki weighted towards apps that are of interest.

Agreed.

• @InfoCheck said:
    I’ve been thinking that tags could be use to automatically create grids and tables based upon combinations of tags appearing in a page.

Perhaps a special namespace for reserved tags to differentiate them from regular tags in the root namespace might be appropriate.

I’m fairly clueless about the finer or even basic workings of using wikis to populate a page using tags and plugins. Is this a viable approach?

E.g. a page for a Database app which is created with a form containing information about its features and auto populates the generated page with reserved tags from the namespace listed above. This would then be use to generate tables which provide comparisons for various DAW apps people have entered through the form.

I don't think this is possible without some heavy duty custom coding.