Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How to best control the tempo of plugins in Auria Pro & AUM?

I’ve been working with Sugar Bytes new Factory synth by loading AUM port 1 up, and then setting up AUM with 2 or 3 instances of SBFS. I have both AP & AUM set to 144bpm, and in Factory, I have the clock set to external/host. Is this the incorrect way to set up AUM, AP, and the synths I’m using? When I go to record, the LFO’s in SBFS seem to off tempo. Is this just a case of where I need to go in & set the LFO speed by hand? Thank you in advance.

Comments

• SBFS AUM AP LFO => ROTFLMAO. Sorry so many acronyms. Also sorry I can't help 😔

In general LFO's can be pegged to the clock rate or not. At least this is the way Brams Roseta LFO handles it tempo synced or not. It's a toggle.

• @audiblevideo said:
    SBFS AUM AP LFO => ROTFLMAO. Sorry so many acronyms. Also sorry I can't help 😔

In general LFO's can be pegged to the clock rate or not. At least this is the way Brams Roseta LFO handles it tempo synced or not. It's a toggle.

Thank you very much for your reply, I kinda figured if it wasn’t in time will my settings, I’d have to dial in the LFO’s by ear.

• @Ripper7620: Factory has a little Midi-symbol in the LFO-pane (on top, right of the middle), when touched, the timing of the LFO can be dialed in in increments with the rotary, now in dependence to the hist clock.
    Hope this helps, cheers! T

• I don't think there is a reliable way to tempo sync AUM and Auria. In your shoes I would host the Factory synth directly in Auria, or directly in AUM, but not the two together.

• @animal said:
    @Ripper7620: Factory has a little Midi-symbol in the LFO-pane (on top, right of the middle), when touched, the timing of the LFO can be dialed in in increments with the rotary, now in dependence to the hist clock.
    Hope this helps, cheers! T

Thank you very much for this information, very helpful!

• @richardyot said:
    I don't think there is a reliable way to tempo sync AUM and Auria. In your shoes I would host the Factory synth directly in Auria, or directly in AUM, but not the two together.

Thank you for your reply, I will try hosting it directly in AP, and see if it syncs.

• @richardyot said:
    I don't think there is a reliable way to tempo sync AUM and Auria. In your shoes I would host the Factory synth directly in Auria, or directly in AUM, but not the two together.

What about MIDI clock from AP to AB3 and link from AB3 to AUM? Does that work?

• @espiegel123 said:

@richardyot said:

Thank you for your reply, I have not tried that yet, but I’ll have a go at it. I have a feeling the LFO’s in the patch I was working on is free time, and I’ll have to do it by ear.

• @Ripper7620 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@richardyot said:

Thank you for your reply, I have not tried that yet, but I’ll have a go at it. I have a feeling the LFO’s in the patch I was working on is free time, and I’ll have to do it by ear.

If there isn't a compelling reason to host them in AUM, you are probably best off hosting in AP if you are planning on running AP anyway.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Ripper7620 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@richardyot said:

If there isn't a compelling reason to host them in AUM, you are probably best off hosting in AP if you are planning on running AP anyway.

Thank you for your reply, what I’ve been doing is running an instance of AUM of 3 synths, all to be played at once that complement each other, and what I was hoping, was that it would cut down on cpu usage, compared to hosting them all separately in AP.

• @Ripper7620 : Since the total number of synths won't change, you will reduce CPU use by not also having AUM running too. As efficient as AUM is, it still uses CPU. The synths themselves don't use less CPU running in AUM than when running in AP unless I am missing something.

• @espiegel123 said:
    @Ripper7620 : Since the total number of synths won't change, you will reduce CPU use by not also having AUM running too. As efficient as AUM is, it still uses CPU. The synths themselves don't use less CPU running in AUM than when running in AP unless I am missing something.

Thank you, I was wondering about that as well, basically AUM is just a handy spot to put stuff that works well together. I have a 2018 10.5” iPad, but I’m still topping the COU out with about 6 channels. That’s the main disadvantage of iOS, lower CPU capacity than my pc. I’ve ran up to 72 channels in Reaper, but not all used, without issue.

• @Ripper7620 said:

@espiegel123 said:
    @Ripper7620 : Since the total number of synths won't change, you will reduce CPU use by not also having AUM running too. As efficient as AUM is, it still uses CPU. The synths themselves don't use less CPU running in AUM than when running in AP unless I am missing something.

Thank you, I was wondering about that as well, basically AUM is just a handy spot to put stuff that works well together. I have a 2018 10.5” iPad, but I’m still topping the COU out with about 6 channels. That’s the main disadvantage of iOS, lower CPU capacity than my pc. I’ve ran up to 72 channels in Reaper, but not all used, without issue.

Track freeze is your friend. Once you are mostly done with a track, freeze it in AP. There is no reason to be using up CPU with synths whose parts are finished or mostly finished.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Ripper7620 said:

@espiegel123 said:

Track freeze is your friend. Once you are mostly done with a track, freeze it in AP. There is no reason to be using up CPU with synths whose parts are finished or mostly finished.

Awesome, thank you very much for the suggestion.