Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How can I delete Auria Pro auto saves?

Last time I worked with Auria back in 2014, it would automatically back up everything I had made. I suspect that it’s still doing that. How do you delete the auto saved files to free up space? I had it figured out way back, but I’ve completely forgotten how it’s done. I have 512Gb version, so I have storage space, but I remember how much work it was to go in and delete massive files one at a time. Is there a way to delete multiple files at once?Thank you in advance!
P.S. I already know how to delete the regular files, but not the auto backup.

Comments

• Hi,
    I could be wrong, but I don’t think Auria does auto save projects. It does auto save Snapshots though and there is no way I know off to turn them off, but I don’t think they take up much space. If you need to delete these snapshots you can by going to Load Snapshot, Edit and deleting. Imo, it’s not really worth doing this coz they take so little space

All the best

• @gdog said:
    Hi,
    I could be wrong, but I don’t think Auria does auto save projects. It does auto save Snapshots though and there is no way I know off to turn them off, but I don’t think they take up much space. If you need to delete these snapshots you can by going to Load Snapshot, Edit and deleting. Imo, it’s not really worth doing this coz they take so little space

All the best

Thank you very much for your reply, I appreciate it, I’m taking up 10Gb of space in AP somewhere, and I just figured it was do to auto saves, as I already went in and deleted everything I could find.

• @Ripper7620 : snapshots use up almost no memory. In the settings dialog in AP, there is a clean up project command that gets rid of unreferenced audio files.

Also, you can hand prune files using the import files dialog in AP--it lets you see the audio files in a project. Left-swiping files can be used to delete. BUT be certain you aren't deleting a file in use. I'd backup a project first to ensure against breaking it.

• @espiegel123 said:
    @Ripper7620 : snapshots use up almost no memory. In the settings dialog in AP, there is a clean up project command that gets rid of unreferenced audio files.

Also, you can hand prune files using the import files dialog in AP--it lets you see the audio files in a project. Left-swiping files can be used to delete. BUT be certain you aren't deleting a file in use. I'd backup a project first to ensure against breaking it.

Thank you very much for making that so easy to understand, I appreciate it!

• edited May 2019

I’m not exactly clear on what this means .

• @Ripper7620 there are a lot of “this’s”

• @Ripper7620 said:

The Auria Pro manual is searchable. It is worth loading it into iBooks. It will answer many questions like this.

• wimwim
    edited May 2019

There’s an easy to miss “Clean Up Project” link in Settings > General. If you load up a project, then press this, it will get rid of unneeded audio clips, freezes, etc. You have to do it project by project, but that will probably help if you haven’t been doing that already.

• @wim said:
    There’s an easy to miss “Clean Up Project” link Settings > General. If you load up a project, then press this, it will get rid of unneeded audio clips, freezes, etc. You have to do it project by project, but that will probably help if you haven’t been doing that already.

+1

• @wim said:
    There’s an easy to miss “Clean Up Project” link in Settings > General. If you load up a project, then press this, it will get rid of unneeded audio clips, freezes, etc. You have to do it project by project, but that will probably help if you haven’t been doing that already.

Thank you very much for your reply, I’ll start doing that as I finish projects. Last time I worked with Auria, you had to go into some menu and delete backups by hand, if I’m remembering correctly,

• @espiegel123 said:

@Ripper7620 said:

The Auria Pro manual is searchable. It is worth loading it into iBooks. It will answer many questions like this.

Thank you for your reply, I’ll check it out.