Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

dexed synth (fm insanity)

This is a weird port I guess, and all I know is it works so far so good! It sounds epic, although I am involved with another (factory) at this present time, this is worth checking out for an insane FM.

Comments

• Dexed definitely sounds closest to the real thing (minus some noise & digital crunch)

I'm not sure I'll pick it up though as I already use it on the computer and paid for Dixie not so long ago.

• Fyi: updated and now MIDI and AUM are working! Might be buggy but its ok so far. Cheers.

• I just realized the word play with dx 7 and this and dixie! Are there a bunch of dx 7 names as it was so popular back in the day. Dust off old dixie haha like a horse.

• So can you import sysex or zip files yet? If you can, I can't find a way.

• Well, I am no expert but I just found the folder with 32 carts. Each cart has about 20 presets, and they look like a file I have seen before, an old school one. I will guess yes, but for now this is a crazy amount of presets. I am liking this more than normal mainly due to the great presets to start with. Also, looks to be updating a fair amount.

• I am curious how the quality of the sound compares to KQ Dixie?

• @espiegel123 said:
    I am curious how the quality of the sound compares to KQ Dixie?

Dexed is definitely closer to the real thing.

• @BroCoast said:

@espiegel123 said:

Any chance you might post a recording of the same patch played from the same midi file with each? I am probably not the only person interested in hearing such a comparison.

• @espiegel123 said:

@BroCoast said:

@espiegel123 said:

Any chance you might post a recording of the same patch played from the same midi file with each? I am probably not the only person interested in hearing such a comparison.

Sure, I'll try to do that. In the meantime:

The differences vary from patch to patch.

• I got it today and there's definitely more bite and brightness in the top end of Dexed, and I've been comparing the same patches both with Dixie and the TX802 but it's not always clear who "wins". Sometimes I prefer Dexed and some patches Dixie wins in closeness to Tx802. Not sure if that comparsion video above has the "more accurate" switch on in Dixie.

Of course Dixie the app wins hands down for mult-timbreness etc. But I'm glad I bought Dexed as it sounds much brighter on most of the patches so different enough to warrant the purchase, but it needs loads of bug fixes and doesn't load Dx7 banks yet I don't think.

• @BroCoast said:

@espiegel123 said:

@BroCoast said:

@espiegel123 said:

Sure, I'll try to do that. In the meantime:

The differences vary from patch to patch.

Tx. I will be curious to hear the Dexed comparisons .

Does Dexed also have thread same MIDI CC control of DX7 parameters as DX7 and KQ?

• edited May 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Max23 said:

@Carnbot said:
    I got it today and there's definitely more bite and brightness in the top end of Dexed, and I've been comparing the same patches both with Dixie and the TX802 but it's not always clear who "wins". Sometimes I prefer Dexed and some patches Dixie wins in closeness to Tx802. Not sure if that comparsion video above has the "more accurate" switch on in Dixie.

Of course Dixie the app wins hands down for mult-timbreness etc. But I'm glad I bought Dexed as it sounds much brighter on most of the patches so different enough to warrant the purchase, but it needs loads of bug fixes and doesn't load Dx7 banks yet I don't think.

@BroCoast
    dx7 and dx7twoFD have different DAC (D/A),
    not sure what D/A tx802 has ...
    if I remember right dx7 has 12 bit and dx72fd has 14 bit?

dexed on desktop rocks B) (but it has a creepy bug on Mac (version 0.9.4) it asks for access to your contacts, I dont remember what I did to trigger it, I think I was messing with different cards, or trying to upload old d7 patches or something, must have something to do with dexteds file permissions, if someone has contact to dexed please report this, naturally I didnt give it access to my contacts, ppl would kill me)
    haven't tried dixie yet

Yeah I like it on desktop too, and hopefully iOS version will be as stable and load the dx7 banks soon. :)

If anything it’s slightly too bright sometimes when comparing the patches to the Tx/dx but I think it probably is more accurate than Dixie which often needs a bit more post processing to match it. Although you can be more creative with Dixie now that you can load up to 16 voices in one patch.