Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Swipe Up is killing the Mobile Music Experience

How are you getting around it?

Comments

• edited May 2019

Double tap the circle, sadly. Swipe up is neither comfortable nor reliable on a large iPad.

• It is too reliable for me!

I am trying to avoid it when playing synth apps like Animoog.

• Disable gestures in settings. Swipe up and hold seems to work well, you have to get it into muscle memory. Maybe IOS 13 will have some new tweaks.

• edited May 2019

@LucidMusicInc said:
    Disable gestures in settings. Swipe up and hold seems to work well, you have to get it into muscle memory. Maybe IOS 13 will have some new tweaks.

Gestures is disabled in Multitasking & Dock.

This is literally happening from a one finger swipe up from the bottom of the screen. There is absolutely no way to disable it. Same for bringing up the dock..

It will either bring up the app switcher or the dock or both.

• It's fine for me on my iPad but that fkn bar is ALWAYS on my AUM keyboard and really any other synth, it's deff annoying and needs fixed

• @BroCoast said:
    How are you getting around it?

I am under the impression that with a couple of lines of code, developers can let the OS know that the OS should ignore that gesture. But a lot of devs don't know about it.

Somewhere in the depths of the forum is a post with specifics one can send to a dev.

If someone can find it, it would be great info for the AB forum wiki.

• I hate this so much, should have jail broke before upgrading. Words With Friends is the worst, you literally have to drag your tiles up from the bottom of the screen to play them, the exact same gesture. Had to delete it off iPad and only play on phone.

• I totally agree that the swipe up is bullshit, it's just something they came up with for the Iphone X when they prematurely killed the home button. A corner gesture like the control centre would be more appropriate or a pinch.

• While I do not have any 'swipe only' devices (the lack of a 3.5mm jack on a 'pro devices' killed them for me).
    The same solution as used by many developers to block the 'dock' might work for the pro-devices as well.

They just need to enable 'edge protection' in their apps...
    (It got discussed to death when iOS11 introduced the dock the caused havoc).

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46988469/how-to-enable-edge-protect-in-iphone-x

I'm looking forward fo iOS13...