Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Bluetooth send/receive audio

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Bluetooth has too much latency for audio work. However there is an app for sending bluetooth audio. I dont remember its name, but it didnt work well and ofc has tons of latency

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • iOS is no Bluetooth audio client (yet).
    Share your mobile connection to private WiFi on your iPhone and transmit over WiFi using one of the many apps that support it.
    Readdle Documents is the most suitable for exchanging audio files over WiFi:
    both upload and download to/from ftp, sftp, WebDAV and it can also act as a local WebDAV server. This is great because it basically allows file exchange also between Apple's own apps supporting WebDAV.
    TwistedWave can only upload to ftp/sftp,
    AudioShare can share via http but has limited editing so you might use Readdle Documents on both devices and "open in" TwistedWave on the iPad.

I'm sure there are many other ways...

• @EyeOhEss said:

@rs2000 said:
    iOS is no Bluetooth audio client (yet).
    Share your mobile connection to private WiFi on your iPhone and transmit over WiFi using one of the many apps that support it.
    Readdle Documents is the most suitable for exchanging audio files over WiFi:
    both upload and download to/from ftp, sftp, WebDAV and it can also act as a local WebDAV server. This is great because it basically allows file exchange also between Apple's own apps supporting WebDAV.
    TwistedWave can only upload to ftp/sftp,
    AudioShare can share via http but has limited editing so you might use Readdle Documents on both devices and "open in" TwistedWave on the iPad.

I'm sure there are many other ways...

Thanks :) but All those workarounds sound more hassle than just grabbing an interface and using a cable unless I’m missing something?

Sure, it depends on where you are and if you've got an audio interface, Lightning adapter and headphones cable handy :)
    The Zoom H1n is a nice interface with stereo line-in and it doubles as a standalone recorder.

• Why not just use Airdrop? It’s fast and simple.

• @EyeOhEss : Bluetooth audio uses lossy compression. So , you might not really want it for sampling. The time to compress/decompress the signal is responsible for the latency issues especially if the audio doesn't start out compressed by a codec supported by both receiving and sending device.

(technically lossless compression is in the spec but I don't think it is widely suppported due to its computational demands )

• edited May 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Sorry I thought it was just exchanging files - missed the sampling YouTube part