Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Kosmonaut wet/dry?

Am I correct in saying that there is no way to get a fully wet signal in Kosmonaut?

Comments

• Well, every signal out of Kosmonaut is WET - I would say that there's no way to fully eliminate the dry signal.

Semantics aside, the answer is NO. Bram designed it this way on purpose - I forget his justification but he did have a reason and deliberately left this feature out.

Sorry!

• Yep, I also remember his justification but forgot what it was. There's a good reason though, trust us.

• I’m adding Wet Kosmonaut to my mental list of potential band names.

• @Cliffy said:
    I’m adding Wet Kosmonaut to my mental list of potential band names.

You’ll be getting a cease and desist from our lawyer. -Wet Kosmonaut bassist

• If you set it up like this you can decide if you want full wet, half wet or any combination imbetween

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    If you set it up like this you can decide if you want full wet, half wet or any combination imbetween

You mean, like, moist?
    Slightly damp, maybe?
    ;)

This seems the intended way to mix wet/dry for Kosmonaut. There is a signal flow diagram in the manual, and it seems that there is no dry signal path to the output.

• It's so moist

• @oat_phipps said:

@Cliffy said:
    I’m adding Wet Kosmonaut to my mental list of potential band names.

You’ll be getting a cease and desist from our lawyer. -Wet Kosmonaut bassist

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    If you set it up like this you can decide if you want full wet, half wet or any combination imbetween

Wouldn't this also double the original signal?

• @slicetwo said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

In that pic yes, but you can turn down volume on track 1 to get just wet.

I typically map send a to Koz, send b to main/master and have them both post fader so you can fade them out together. I then midi map one knob to send levels but on the b send I invert the midi mapping curve so it works like a cross fader.

• @MonkeyDrummer said:

@slicetwo said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

In that pic yes, but you can turn down volume on track 1 to get just wet.

I typically map send a to Koz, send b to main/master and have them both post fader so you can fade them out together. I then midi map one knob to send levels but on the b send I invert the midi mapping curve so it works like a cross fader.

This doesn't totally make sense. If kosmonaut had no wet/dry knob, then there will always be the initial dry signal coming through, even with all the levels of each delay tap turned up. So even muting the first channel would still mena dry signal through the second channel, which means that any post fx after the delay would effect the "main" signal too. Example. I want a dry synth, but I want the delay to have a flange and reverb on it. With a dry/wet delay, I can set up a send like you suggest, then the send is the wet delay so my main signal stays dry and cuts through the mix while the delay is modulated. It seems that's not totally possible with kosmonaut. A workaround I've been using is taking Dubstation and making that all wet, then putting kosmonaut after that, then my modulations.