Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is there a way to get the cursor to “snap” at zero crossing in Auria Pro?

In the editor settings, I have snap to zero crossing enabled, however, it doesn’t affect the cursor behavior. It’s not the much trouble to bring the cursor into place by eyeing it out, but is there a way to get it to “snap” into place? Thank you in advance!

Comments

• From the Auria Pro manual, page 203:

“Snap to Zero Crossings - Toggles whether any edits performed on audio regions automatically snap to the nearest zero crossing, preventing unwanted clicks in the audio. Disable when sample- accurate editing is needed. Enabled by default.”

I understand from the text that it’s not related to cursor position, but to an edit performed on an audio region.

• @Rodolfo said:
    From the Auria Pro manual, page 203:

“Snap to Zero Crossings - Toggles whether any edits performed on audio regions automatically snap to the nearest zero crossing, preventing unwanted clicks in the audio. Disable when sample- accurate editing is needed. Enabled by default.”

I understand from the text that it’s not related to cursor position, but to an edit performed on an audio region.

Thank you very much for your reply, I’ve just gotten spoiled and lazy from working in Reaper on pc. iOS is a much larger challenge, compared to working with a 43” 4K monitor in Reaper, but the extra effort it takes to get the goods in iOS is worth the effort imo, and extremely rewarding.

• edited May 2019

Here’s a short video where you can see the result of moving the cursor after performing an audio split with different settings

• edited May 2019

@Rodolfo said:
    Here’s a short video where you can see the result of moving the cursor with different settings

Thank you very much for posting this video, I’m gonna watch it now, looking forward to learning something new. Thank you very much for taking the time to put this together, I appreciate it, and it makes it pretty clear how that setting actually works.

• @Ripper7620 said:

@Rodolfo said:
    Here’s a short video where you can see the result of moving the cursor with different settings

Thank you very much for posting this video, I’m gonna watch it now, looking forward to learning something new.

No problem, happy to help.

• I think the confusion is arising because you are expecting the snap behaviour to be applied to the playhead (which is what I think you mean by "the cursor"), but that's a mouse convention, not a touch convention.

In Reaper you snap the playhead and cut, but on a touch-based device that system can't work.

So in Auria you touch the arrow symbols on the edges of an audio region to make edits, and that will move the border of the audio region - that's where the snapping occurs (and not with the playhead):

• @richardyot said:
    I think the confusion is arising because you are expecting the snap behaviour to be applied to the playhead (which is what I think you mean by "the cursor"), but that's a mouse convention, not a touch convention.

In Reaper you snap the playhead and cut, but on a touch-based device that system can't work.

So in Auria you touch the arrow symbols on the edges of an audio region to make edits, and that will move the border of the audio region - that's where the snapping occurs (and not with the playhead):

You explained way better than me @richardyot
    Thank you.

• @richardyot said:
    I think the confusion is arising because you are expecting the snap behaviour to be applied to the playhead (which is what I think you mean by "the cursor"), but that's a mouse convention, not a touch convention.

Thank you for the reply, I understand exactly what you’re saying, I should have put it in different wording.