Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Unique Reverb Algorithms (Demo)

edited May 2019 in Creations

I had a couple of nice reverb pedals with me a couple of weeks ago and thought it would be a good idea to make a video with the unique sounds/modes of each. I wanted to show where these pedals can go rather than just comparing them or showing which is best/worst. I think they all have pretty amazing sounds. I used a simple pad sound. Nothing too fancy in order to let the effects shine.
Here it is:

If anyone wants to hear them with a guitar, I also made a video with the same pedals/modes using a guitar. There is a link to that in the description (and in the comments.)

What are your favorite unique reverbs (that are not just hall or plate etc.)?

Comments

• Ooooh can’t wait to check this out. Eventide Space is my no. 1 reverb pedal. Guitars, synths, whatever. Not sure if I need it but always wanted a Strymon Big Sky.

• nice run-through, enjoyed the different approach (compared to lengthy in deepth comparisons).
    Since I have lot of that stuff on desktop my focus is on early digital versions atm, often trading sound quality for character.

• Very cool

• edited May 2019

@Telefunky said:
    nice run-through, enjoyed the different approach (compared to lengthy in deepth comparisons).
    Since I have lot of that stuff on desktop my focus is on early digital versions atm, often trading sound quality for character.

Thank you. Yeah I like keeping things shorter when possible. It is very easy for this kind of video to turn out more than one hour.

By early digital versions, do you mean rack units?

@gusgranite said:
    Very cool

Thanks!

@DCJ said:
    Ooooh can’t wait to check this out. Eventide Space is my no. 1 reverb pedal. Guitars, synths, whatever. Not sure if I need it but always wanted a Strymon Big Sky.

Space has a lot of great sounds but my favorite among these was the BigSky. It was the hardest to return.

• Not necessarily rack units, but most devices came in that shape (parts weren't as tiny as today).
    I once scored a Boss ME-5 pedal (1988) for a few bucks and was quite amazed about it's reverb character. As in early Lexicons there's not a DSP onboard, but a programmable logic array. These things depend a lot on their converter chips, but since there are lots of pristine reverbs in DAW/iPad I'm looking for different nuances outside the box (as a non live player).

Example wishlist: Lexicon Reflex/Alex or LXP-1 (affordable), NuVerb (needs a lot of luck to find for a good price and a pre-Powermac to run), AKG ADR68K and Ursa Major Spacestation (way too expensive).

Yes, the BigSky is really well regarded - and all these units have one advantage: they are focussed on essential controls, providing a more convenient user experience.