Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Is this a beta? Is there an update?

• The reverse effect reminds me of my sold TE PO 33 haha awesome!

• @david_2017 said:
    The reverse effect reminds me of my sold TE PO 33 haha awesome!

Yeahhhhhhh if Koala was out before I purchased that I woulda.... not.... purchased it :\ and I got it like a month or so before Koala came out lol...

• @icsleepers said:

@david_2017 said:

Yeahhhhhhh if Koala was out before I purchased that I woulda.... not.... purchased it :\ and I got it like a month or so before Koala came out lol...

really, that good... the po 33's got some nice tricks besides the reverse don't they (don't have one) but have been contemplating one?

• @kobamoto said:

@icsleepers said:

@david_2017 said:

really, that good... the po 33's got some nice tricks besides the reverse don't they (don't have one) but have been contemplating one?

It does, but honestly, Koala is the same thing plus more (more sample slots, etc). The only thing the PO def has over Koala is that in the drum section it will slice a drum loop (which is pretty cool) and map those to individual keys. Also, you can record the effects and parameter locks (which I don't believe Koala does currently? - you can record performance but can't record the performance tweaks to the pattern/loop).

• edited May 2019

Most important: PO-33 has an input jack for sampling, syncing and audio thru.
    How unfortunate that ios devices will NEVER get one.

It also has pattern chain.

• @Philippe said:
    Most important: PO-33 has an input jack for sampling, syncing and audio thru.
    How unfortunate that ios devices will NEVER get one.

It also has pattern chain.

This is all true too. I was trying to record into my phone from the PO33, epic fail. Need to use something like an iRig Pro or similar, and now suddenly, it's so much less portable.

I'm gonna hang on to it, it's not like it was super expensive. No idea what kind of workflows will come up later and I've already been through the regret of selling equipment, so I think it's time to just hang on to stuff...

• @icsleepers said:

It does, but honestly, Koala is the same thing plus more (more sample slots, etc). The only thing the PO def has over Koala is that in the drum section it will slice a drum loop (which is pretty cool) and map those to individual keys. Also, you can record the effects and parameter locks (which I don't believe Koala does currently? - you can record performance but can't record the performance tweaks to the pattern/loop).

ok, well don't wanna go too off topic with this thread but maybe the koala dev will see the importance of those things cause those are the core features I'm looking for

• edited May 2019

You know the app is amazing when you don’t yet know what to do with it but you wanna keep it around and figure that out.

One thing that would be really helpful @elf_audio is a way to, if I record like an entire loop of beat boxing into a slot, to simply paste the loop in its entirety into the sequencer without having to record a one shot right on beat one. Same goes for resampled things

• My first go around today is it’s simple but don’t know what to do with it. There is no step sequencer to edit note inputs and can’t put effects on sounds. I kind of compare it to imaschine.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Koala developer/developers are super responsive I’ve sent a couple emails and received a response within a day

• Still haven't seen any new effects in mine!

• @icsleepers said:
    This is all true too. I was trying to record into my phone from the PO33, epic fail. Need to use something like an iRig Pro or similar, and now suddenly, it's so much less portable.

The iRig Pro will only record mono, so you won't be able to e.g. backup the PO33 to your device with that - you need a stereo-capable thing like the Roland Go Mixer - which is even bigger of course.

Just got Koala now. It doesn't feel that similar to the PO33 for me. It certainly has strengths the '33 can't match - longer sequences, resampling, better or at least easier integration with iOs apps. No knobs though. Now I want a pocket-operator-sized bluetooth midi controller with knobs. And a pony.

• @JudasZimmerman said:

@icsleepers said:

The iRig Pro will only record mono, so you won't be able to e.g. backup the PO33 to your device with that - you need a stereo-capable thing like the Roland Go Mixer - which is even bigger of course.

Just got Koala now. It doesn't feel that similar to the PO33 for me. It certainly has strengths the '33 can't match - longer sequences, resampling, better or at least easier integration with iOs apps. No knobs though. Now I want a pocket-operator-sized bluetooth midi controller with knobs. And a pony.

Ah man, that is good to know. I would gotten one of the IK ones and it would have been a vast disappointment (for that application, at least).

Yeah yeesh, to get this back on topic a bit... I do think that just sticking with Koala for "PO" needs is probably best, and these new effects looksound great!

re: small controller like that, does the roli stuff come close? I haven't looked closely. All I have is a nanokey studio but it's a tad bigger than an operator ;)

• I’m pretty sure that’s a teaser for an update coming soon....