Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Shore Disorder : first release on Bandcamp

edited May 2019 in Creations

Hi everyone!
Really proud to announce our first release on Bandcamp
This is a long distance collaboration between France and Japan.
My friends use PC and Mac and I am on iOS, so let's call it a 33.33333% iOS production.
One song in French (which I already posted here few months back) one in English, and 3 instrumentals.
If you like a song, please consider buying it or share it on your favorite social media. Thanks for the ears.
Hope you will enjoy!
よろしくお願いします!

https://shoredisorder.bandcamp.com/releases

Comments

• Hey @richardyot ! I am really curious to know what you will think about this !

• @JanKun said:
    Hey @richardyot ! I am really curious to know what you will think about this !

I'll give it a listen, I really liked the song you posted previously, it was great.

• @richardyot said:

@JanKun said:
    Hey @richardyot ! I am really curious to know what you will think about this !

I'll give it a listen, I really liked the song you posted previously, it was great.

I really trust your opinion! Specially because I think we have a lot of musical tastes in common. I was not sure whether posting a Bandcamp link in TSOTMC was ok or not. It seems people post only SoundCloud links there.

Btw, yesterday, I read a thread about singing where you were really active. So you also like "Naked As We Came". What a beautiful album!

• Maybe @LinearLineman, could give me some advice to improve my poor English. Pardon me French, Michael 😉

• Yeah Iron & Wine is probably in my top five favourites of all time.

Your album is great, darkly beautiful and full of wonderful sounds and textures. I would have liked to hear more vocals of course :)

Eternité is the highlight, but it's all very very good.

• edited May 2019

Yeah, especially on "Naked as We Came" it is amazing how Sam Beam sounds like he is whispering his little secrets next to your ears, just like kids would do. It gives this impression of intimacy, just like he's letting us enter his secret garden. Some of the songs highly resonated in me when I lost my father few years back. Around that time I also listened a lot to Sufjan Stevens "Carrie and Lowell". Some songs on this album have exactly the same impact on me as "Naked as We Came".

I really wish I could have a few pints in a pub with you @richardyot . Sure we would end up talking for hours about songs and artists we like, and of course about iOS music production. BTW, I wish to express my gratitude for all the tips about Auria Pro you dropped here, some helped me improve my work flow a lot.

Thank you for your kind support !
    It means a lot to us!
    I am slowly getting confident with writing in French and my singing in general. It took so much time. More songs to come but probably in French. I am considering giving up lyrics in English. I feel my English sucks.

If you feel like, here are links to some of the bands I used to play in. A bit old, but there are a few songs I still enjoy listening to, so you might as well.

Felix Hans
    https://felixhans.bandcamp.com

Bandit112
    https://myspace.com/bandit112legroupe/music/songs

• Hey @jankun, loved hearing Eternite again. Your voice is spectacular (being French doesn’t hurt). I liked the instrumentals as well. Very good production. Good luck with it.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Hey @jankun, loved hearing Eternite again. Your voice is spectacular (being French doesn’t hurt). I liked the instrumentals as well. Very good production. Good luck with it.

Thank you, Michael. Fully recovered from your eye surgery?

• Indeed, going without glasses at the moment (1st time in sixty years!). Thanks for asking.
    And it seems my political posts are as under appreciated as my grammar treatises 😈😝😘
    I agree, tho, the French lyrics are more affecting even though I don't understand them all. The feeling comes through more directly.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Indeed, going without glasses at the moment (1st time in sixty years!). Thanks for asking.
    And it seems my political posts are as under appreciated as my grammar treatises 😈😝😘
    I agree, tho, the French lyrics are more affecting even though I don't understand them all. The feeling comes through more directly.

Glad to hear you got brand new eyes !

I have been listening mostly to English/American music since a young age. Because of that, my brain became kind of formatted when it came to writing lyrics. I would say that I am among the non native English speakers musicians who developed some kind of complex or maybe rejection for their own languague. It took me time to realize that it is possible to find the kind of musicality I am looking for using my own language. But still, so much work to do.

Regarding your previous grammar thread, I hope my comment did not offend you. I actually agreed with you. I have nothing against abbreviations or shortcuts as long as it doesn't change the grammatical nature of a word.

Regarding your political posts... Just like you, I wish this kind of conversation was possible on a forum, but from my experience, it always turns out the way it did. I have been speechless at how the "let's not talk politics" thread turned out...

On a totally different topic, since you're (not your 😉) such an accomplished jazz pianist, I have a question regarding chord substitution. I start to understand that it is important to know towards which degree of the scale one chord tends to resolve ( like the V resolve to I etc ...). I am just wondering what kind of chord substitutions you like the most, or which one you use the most according to a specific type of chord progression (I assume good sounding chord substitutions are very different on songs like misty, my funny valentine, giant steps, take the a train, or modal type of songs like so what or impressions...). I recently heard about substitutions using negative harmony, are you familiar with this concept? Sorry for bringing such a huge topic, I realize a short answer is impossible. Maybe you have some book recommendations on the topic?

• Jankun, sorry, I cannot help you with that. I just do not approach jazz that way. There are two guys on the PianoWorld forum that might help you with that. One is Dave Frank (dfrank_jazz) and an Israeli guy, Nahum, whom I don't get along with, but is very well versed in the subject. Just join and post a question, or pm them. Both very helpful guys. YouTube videos are out there, too, I imagine.

No problem with the grammar stuff, just another interesting AB experience! As for the politics, I won't go there again. Found it amazing that the thread that called for no political discussions on the forum became political in short order! We are just beyond control, sigh.

I hope you continue with the great musical output. Any Japanese collaborators? I can put you in touch with a very interesting jazz guitarist, but you have probably made inroads in the community. Best, Mike