Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Use iPhone as remote controller with AB Remote bluetooth

Hi, AB Remote works so great from my iPhone to my IPad. The connection is fast, easy and stable.
Are there any AB compatible apps on the iPad that would set up remote CC messages in AudioBus remote?
I want to be able to send CC controller data from my iPhone to an app in Audiobus3 that is being controlled by my hardware midi controller. For example, my hardware controller has no knobs to send CC. If I could use my iPhone to send CC messages that would be wonderful. iPad is 2018 gen6. iPhone is 5s.
Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Someone smart person should do an AUM remote. I’d grab it instantly.

• Midi Designer or Lemur

You can do anything you can think of

• You might also try midimittr: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/midimittr/id925495245?mt=8

Not sure if it would work for what you’re doing, but it might and it’s free and pretty simple to use.

Used it to get Bluetooth midi going back and forth between my phone and iPad just yesterday :)

• @audio_DT said:
    Someone smart person should do an AUM remote. I’d grab it instantly.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/32661/bluetooth-midi-from-iphone-to-ipad-via-aum

• Wow
    Thanks
    Tried this quickly with old iPhone 6 and iPad mini 2
    Had atom running on phone, add 2 sunrizer au's on iPad, and another atom triggering isem au
    Also had the AUM keyboard running on phone to iPad isem
    I couldn't notice any lag, which really surprised me
    Granted both devices were next to each other, but was happy with that.
    Really might try a stress test later, and see where the sweet spot sits, and also throw in studiomux with Ableton and my Ableton push and see if it all falls down, but even if I end up with just a few synths via the AUM keyboard on separate device will surfice
    Thanks for the tip

• @Bellows said:
    Hi, AB Remote works so great from my iPhone to my IPad. The connection is fast, easy and stable.
    Are there any AB compatible apps on the iPad that would set up remote CC messages in AudioBus remote?
    I want to be able to send CC controller data from my iPhone to an app in Audiobus3 that is being controlled by my hardware midi controller. For example, my hardware controller has no knobs to send CC. If I could use my iPhone to send CC messages that would be wonderful. iPad is 2018 gen6. iPhone is 5s.
    Thanks for any help.

@Michael This would be a great enhancement for AB Remote: the ability for the user to send arbitrary MIDI messages from AB Remote and the AB slide over panel.
    It would also be great to allow the user to hide some apps from Remote and the side panel, and reorder the apps.

All of this functionality could be an IAP in Remote even if users just work with the side panel, to drive greater adoption of Remote....

• @mjcouche said:

@audio_DT said:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/32661/bluetooth-midi-from-iphone-to-ipad-via-

Thank you!

• Out of curiosity, have you tried Touch OSC? That works over WiFi, and offers a totally configurable interface.

• @audio_DT said:

Theres no need, you can do it already.

• @Michael said:

Out of curiosity, have you tried Touch OSC? That works over WiFi, and offers a totally configurable interface.

Not tried it yet, but have been thinking about doing so. Have you used Midi Designer 2, and, if so, which would you recommend - that or Touch OSC? Thanks.

• I haven't tried MIDI Designer 2 I'm afraid, so I don't know!

• MIDI Designer Pro works in slide over mode, and can easily be made to create this type of controller.

I can’t compare to Touch OSC, (don’t have it) but if I were new to this, I would probably just try Touch OSC since it is the cheaper option.

• Thanks all. I’m holding back off buying yet more apps, if I can, but I know I’ll still probably end up getting touch osc or midi designer. No rush, though.