Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

whoa! out NOW! Sugar Bytes Factory - Modular Synthesizer for iOS

Comments

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Needs retina update to graphics maybe. UI is blurred and jagged on my iPad Pro.

Very interesting though.

Noticed this too, assets for Retina displays (@2x, @3x etc.) seem to be missing completely, assuming that the UI is not vector based.

• @gmslayton said:
    Dang it. I don't need another synth but this one is ......well ......very tempting!!!!!!

You deff need this one

• @Hmtx said:
    Intriguing!

Also, iPad only (before anyone gets their hopes up)

Dagnabbit

• Looks fine as a AU to me inside Cubasis 2 and NanoStudio 2

• Here’s what you need for this:

• @AudioGus said:
    Feels like Aparillo and Synthmaster One had a baby.

+1

Two minutes of playing, bought the full version right away.

• edited May 2019

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....I never saw this coming...

• Know what I will be doing later..

Top job.

• @DMfan said:

@AudioGus said:

+1

Two minutes of playing, bought the full version right away.

THIS!!!!!!!!

• edited May 2019

If anyone's on an Air 2, I'd be interested to hear what the CPU usage is like as an AU in AUM. Not that I'm going to be able to resist it, but if it's silly I might hang on until I get a new thing.

• Monzo:
    it is a very complexe and good sounding synth so CPU is high.
    you'll get 1 instance on your Air 2, buffer 512.
    do not expect better on Air 2.

• @MonzoPro said:
    If anyone's on an Air 2, I'd be interested to hear what the CPU usage is like as an AU in AUM. Not that I'm going to be able to resist it, but if it's silly I might hang on until I get a new thing.

Easy for others to say but I'm going to say it anyway: Time for a new thing. :)

• @AudioGus said:

They keep coming, coming and coming :smile:

• @MonzoPro said:

Same here. They really should have announced it some months earlier to build up some HYPE!🥳

• @LeonKowalski said:

@MonzoPro said:

Same here. They really should have announced it some months earlier to build up some HYPE!🥳

I love the 'Whoot, there it is' strategy. Hype gives me anxiety.

• edited May 2019

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

I'm hoping to get an Air3 once I hear a bit more about how they perform with audio...but my finances are slightly dented from yesterday's Ableton purchase so it may be a while!

@LeonKowalski said:

@MonzoPro said:

Same here. They really should have announced it some months earlier to build up some HYPE!

They're funny like this - Aparillo, currently my favourite ever synth - just landed out of nowhere. It's like an unexpected present!

• Hefty !!!

Thanks SB 😁

• @AudioGus said:

@LeonKowalski said:

@MonzoPro said:

I like that, too. Just tried some kind of ironic comment from a marketing perspective... bam, fail! 😬

• I love these guys

• @AudioGus said:

Full agree.

• @reasOne ; Gonna be pretty sweet w Stagelight , eh?

• Whoa is an understatement.

absolutely phenomenal synth, and an instant buy for me. Factory definitely takes the top spot as the best sounding synth to me, with the epic D1 and synthmaster one not too far behind.

If Sugar Bytes can get this powerful of a synth working fine on iOS, I imagine there are no technical limits preventing the Serums, Spires or most other top class desktop synths from being ported.

Here’s to hoping Apple starts allowing iPads to utilize external storage soon. It’s about the only thing that’d convince me to upgrade my ‘17 iPad Pro in the near future. Once they do that, the floodgates will really start opening up, allowing someone like UVI to bring their sampling libraries to the platform. Exciting times now and just around the corner. :smiley:

• @MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

I'm hoping to get an Air3 once I hear a bit more about how they perform with audio...but my finances are slightly dented from yesterday's Ableton purchase so it may be a while!

@LeonKowalski said:

@MonzoPro said:

Same here. They really should have announced it some months earlier to build up some HYPE!

They're funny like this - Aparillo, currently my favourite ever synth - just landed out of nowhere. It's like an unexpected present!

It’s hard to resist anything from Sugar Bytes ..easily my favorite dev in iOS.
    I actually quite like these out of the blue surprises, it’s like Christmas in May. :smile:

my wallet certainly can’t handle too many more suprises though, Been wiped clean from too many sales lately. recently snagged fabfilter mixing bundle 40% off and now with Cubase 10 for $170, I need to cut myself off for a good while ;)

• Hey people.
    Anyone who has bought it already - is there an „INIT“ patch/setting when you unlock everything? I can not find one in the free downloaded version.
    Thanks in advance!

• edited May 2019

@MrBlaschke said:
    Hey people.
    Anyone who has bought it already - is there an „INIT“ patch/setting when you unlock everything? I can not find one in the free downloaded version.
    Thanks in advance!

Yes it has an init patch

• @MrBlaschke said:
    Hey people.
    Thanks in advance!

Could find it either initially in the lists, but if you search for 'init' one does appear....only prob is I have the unlocked version, but SURELY they wouldn't keep that behind the gates?

• edited May 2019

My fellow Americans, as a PSA for mental health and moral hygiene, I feel that it is my solemn duty to passionately urge all members of this forum to stop supporting and encouraging the clearly unbalanced and dangerous developers that do business under the name of Sugar Bytes! The esteemed Bob Moog and even the adventurous Don Buchla (bless their souls) would recoil in distaste, and perhaps even horror, at what is labeled “synthesis” here. These sounds are not of the noble saw-wave being gently folded and modulated. Not at all. Folks, these are the sounds of vitual circuits being tortured for information and probed rectally by perverted aliens with long jagged fingernails. The Cyclop app was offensive enough, but this Factory program takes the audio audacity even further into the realm of madness. Therefore it is a threat to public health and happiness. There have been several televised reports of users experiencing seizures when using this program in its VST version, who had never had such symptoms before. Will no one think of the children? These sounds are like chips of lead paint for their tender ears. Dear friends, I appeal to your good taste, as much as I fear for the future of kinder and gentler synthesizers worldwide. Thank you for your consideration.

• @ZenEagle said:

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@LeonKowalski said:

@MonzoPro said:

It’s hard to resist anything from Sugar Bytes ..easily my favorite dev in iOS.
    I actually quite like these out of the blue surprises, it’s like Christmas in May. :smile:

my wallet certainly can’t handle too many more suprises though, Been wiped clean from too many sales lately. recently snagged fabfilter mixing bundle 40% off and now with Cubase 10 for $170, I need to cut myself off for a good while ;)

I'm on new things overload at the moment - the recent HomeGrown sale landed 20-something goodies onto my PC, yesterday it was Ableton, which I'm trying to learn, and now this feller.

Sugar Bytes are my favourite developer too, so can't resist this, but my brain is starting to sag with over-stimulation..

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Could find it either initially in the lists, but if you search for 'init' one does appear....only prob is I have the unlocked version, but SURELY they wouldn't keep that behind the gates?

Searched and browsed all modes - none available.
    Anyway thanks @JohnnyGoodyear and @White

• Oh man, at first I thought it was like really modular