Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Proposed Wiki Pages for Feedback

The wiki pages posted in this thread are here so that we can get feedback to see if a page makes sense for the wiki and if not, could it be changed to be useful?

Comments

• DAW Comparison

• What devices, iOS, initial download size for the DAWs?
    • Developer has a website, forum, manual, videos?
    • The update column may not be needed as it could be autogenerated for the page when the information is updated.
    • These sorts of charts can help people do comparisons easily at a glance and using icons will allow this to work on phones with smaller screens.
    • There are not too many apps or pieces of information that updating it would be too difficult.
    🏪 Devices iOS Size 🕸 💬 📖 📺 📅
    Auria Pro iPad 8+ 983.6 MB 🔗 🔗 🔗 🔗 12/08/2018
    BeatMaker 3 iPad 10.0+ 216.2 MB 🔗 🔗 🔗 🔗 12/08/2018
    Cubasis 2 iPad 9+ 1.1 GB 🔗 🔗 🔗 🔗 12/08/2018
    FL Studio Mobile 8+ 1 GB 🔗 🔗 🔗 🔗 12/08/2018
    GarageBand 12.1+ 1.6 GB 🔗 🔗 🔗 🚫 12/08/2018
    iMPC Pro 2 iPad 9+ 155.3 MB 🔗 🔗 🔗 🔗 12/08/2018
    iMPC Pro 2 iPhone 📱 9+ 155.9 MB) 🔗 🔗 🔗 🔗 12/08/2018
    Meteor iPad 8.1+ 237.8 MB 🔗 🔗 🔗 🔗 12/08/2018
    NanoStudio 2 iPad 11.0+ 261.8 MB 🔗 🔗 🔗 🔗 12/08/2018
    Stagelight 11.0+ 360.2 MB 🔗 🔗 🔗 🔗 12/08/2018
  • BitWiz with FX

BitWiz 🏪 is an app that creates sounds using bytebeat code the user can enter into the app. The variables for the code in the BitWiz with FX Video has eight letters (x, y, a, b, m, n, u, and v) which are all controlled via MIDI CC sent out from Photon🏪.

You can strongly influence the bpm of the sounds generated by the code by using a MIDI source where you control the bpm of the CC messages sent to control code variables. When BitWiz is hosted in an IAA app like AUM, changing the host’s bpm will then trickle down thru your MIDI control app and then onto BitWiz.

Bytebeat Code

//arcade pulse04 xyabmnuv
    r=1(x+a+m+u)/(y+b+n+v), z=(t((x/2)+1) % (32-y)|z/t)|
    (t((a/64)+1) % (4-b)|z/t)|
    (t
    ((m/8)+1) % (128-n)|z/t)|
    (t*((u/256)+1) % (16-v)|z/t)

Setup in AUM

Photon using the BWbass01.mid file going out on the first pad it’s loaded on to control BitWiz using 8 MIDI CC values assigned to 8 variables in the BitWiz equation. MIDI CC 17 on channel 1 has been assigned to toggle the audio output between just the output from BitWiz and the effected output from BitWiz.

FAC Bandit🏪 is set on ll Vechio Warmer Mix preset, FAC Envolver🏪 adds gating with SQ BrB Dub Style preset, Perforator🏪 adds more gating with the Rapido preset, BLEASS delay🏪 adds delay with the Time Explorer preset and finally some saturation is added with Limiter🏪.

{{tag> BitWiz MIDI bytebeat photon tutorial gate}}

• edited May 2019

The revised app tutorial pages can be found here:
    https://wiki.audiob.us/app_tutorials

There’s still some work I want to do on them to make them better, but hopefully many of them will make more sense now.

• @InfoCheck said:

There’s still some work I want to do on them to make them better, but hopefully many of them will make more sense now.

As an fyi, the Knowledge Base posts don't show up in the main forum. You might want to use the wiki category for discussions about the wiki since more of the community will see them!

Great work that you are doing!

• edited May 2019

@espiegel123 said:

@InfoCheck said:

As an fyi, the Knowledge Base posts don't show up in the main forum. You might want to use the wiki category for discussions about the wiki since more of the community will see them!

Great work that you are doing!

Thank you for your input. I was aware that people would have to either be looking at articles in the Knowledge Base section of the forum or at the root https://forum.audiob.us/ level of the forum for the posts to show up. I chose to do it this way as I’ve seen posts claiming they didn’t know why certain threads were posted on a forum about music (the posts were in the OT section) so by posting it here it’s very clear they’re supposed to be about the knowledge base. In addition there are already posts about the organization of the wiki in the general section and I didn’t want to cloud that issue with my posts here either. If people want to post and point to this thread, that’s great but I don’t want to be initiating that myself.

• @InfoCheck : ok. I just wanted to point this out since I don't know if anyone is checking KB with regularity (I'm not). It is totally acceptable to create threads about the wiki on the forum using the wiki topic.

Now that the wiki is open discussions can help us reach more of the community and get them involved.

Totally fine and up to you if you don't want to post there.

• @espiegel123 said:
    @InfoCheck : ok. I just wanted to point this out since I don't know if anyone is checking KB with regularity (I'm not). It is totally acceptable to create threads about the wiki on the forum using the wiki topic.

Now that the wiki is open discussions can help us reach more of the community and get them involved.

Totally fine and up to you if you don't want to post there.

Sounds good.