Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

nave - warning - dc offset

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• @Max23 said:
    I was able to record samples from Nave (in the internal recorder) that had dc offset,
    so you may want to look out for that ...

how does DC offset happen? I've had it happen to my Gadget song exports on occassion...

• Depends on the type of sounds used no?

Messing with PWM and FM with waveforms where the majority of the content is on the 'one side' can make DC go haywire...

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited May 2019
  • Put a high-pass filter behind it (just cut out everything below 10Hz or so) if you’re concerned about DC offset. B)

• edited May 2019
  • @Max23 said:
    it shouldn't happen in software, its a bug.
    Usually it only happens when recording with audiointerfaces when the audio becomes digital.

Lots of EM software creates what people call DC Offset--which usually isn't actually DC offset. And most of the time when it happens it has no impact other than breaking normalization algorithms.

In EM software, DC Offset usually refers to waveforms that aren't symmetrical with respect to 0. Most good audio editing software can remove it without impacting what the audio sounds like.

• edited May 2019
  • @Max23 said:
    @espiegel123
    oh dc offsett can have lots of unwanted side effects
    there are lowfrequency artifacts in your signal that you can't hear and that eat up lots of energy below the ambitus humans are able to hear and most listening systems can't reproduce ...

Sure. They can -- I'm just pointing out that quite often they don't unless it is extreme.

• edited May 2019
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Max23 said:
    looks like a good subject to add this to the audiobus wiki

Sounds good. Go ahead!