Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget 2 Released

Comments

• @WillieNegus said:
    Wondering if DeeMax is worth $10.🤔

There may well be many who for good reason will tell you yes, but for this foot soldier it was pretty much money I should have put into the local homeless guy's cup instead...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@WillieNegus said:

There may well be many who for good reason will tell you yes, but for this foot soldier it was pretty much money I should have put into the local homeless guy's cup instead...

Noted. Thanks. Been on the fence for awhile. It really is an unnecessary expense when everything I do in Gadget get exported into something else where I can add any number of additional AU maximizers, fx, etc. Your experiences adds further invalidation.

• Thanks to KORG and @davis_korgrd for this update!
    Tempo changes, drum pattern generator - very nice indeed!

Now the piano roll is almost usable again - if there weren't the wrong note colors making selected edits unnecessarily hard :'(

• @WillieNegus said:

Nope. The onboard limiter does the job well enough, imho.

• edited April 2019

@WillieNegus Deemax does nothing subtle and you will quickly hear it badly pump your mix, it sounds ugly and harsh most of the time, total waste of money IMO and better to use another tool for this purpose. I use Lurssen most of the time now.

• @LeonKowalski said:

@WillieNegus said:

@Janosax said:
    @WillieNegus Deemax does nothing subtle and you will quickly hear it badly pump your mix, it sounds ugly and harsh most of the time, total waste of money IMO and better to use another tool for this purpose. I use Lurssen most of the time now.

Thanks. Definitely passing on it. Love gadget but it’s like there’s something missing from the sounds. Can’t really explain it. I get great grooves quickly but they sound thin compared to when I’m using any number of AUs in BM3 or GarageBand which I recently fell back in love with.

Still super fun and easy to use.

• edited April 2019

@WillieNegus said:

@LeonKowalski said:

@WillieNegus said:

@Janosax said:

Thanks. Definitely passing on it. Love gadget but it’s like there’s something missing from the sounds. Can’t really explain it. I get great grooves quickly but they sound thin compared to when I’m using any number of AUs in BM3 or GarageBand which I recently fell back in love with.

After getting 5 of the top synths on my PC, almost every synth I own on iOS sounds thin. Even before that, when mixing and mastering my Gadget tracks on my PC, I had to spend time and CPU resources on trying to fatten many things up (not every synth in Gadget suffers this at the same level). I'm taking an iOS music break for now, but I know I'll come back to Gadget on my iPhone because it's just so fun and convenient.

• Really digging the new background color of the sequencer.

Gadget would be infinitely more useful to me if loop markers in the sequencer snapped to the grid setting rather than just to measures. The markers are already there @davis_korgrd. Every time I open up the sequencer I’m tormented by the angst of unfulfilled potential. :) Imagine Gadget not as the mobile master of EDM but as the polyrhythmic overlord it is meant to be. :)

• edited April 2019

@WillieNegus said:

@LeonKowalski said:

@WillieNegus said:

@Janosax said:

Gadget tracks definitely need to go deep in the mix to sounds well, using EQ, comp, pan, level and other fxs per channel. This can be done in Gadget but better results will be achieved IMO with stems export and mixing in another (iOS or not) DAW using AU or VST.

• edited April 2019

@WillieNegus said:
    Love gadget but it’s like there’s something missing from the sounds. Can’t really explain it. I get great grooves quickly but they sound thin compared to when I’m using any number of AUs in BM3 or GarageBand which I recently fell back in love with.

Depends on the particular synths for me. Lexington and Montpellier can produce some really fat sounds. If I need a superfat bass or pad, I sometimes duplicate a whole synth track and push the identical tracks a bit apart in the stereo picture (and, if necessary, slightly detune them). The new fx, especially exciter and enhancer, also work nicely to beef up the sounds, especially (for me) with the Gladstone drums.

• edited April 2019

Hi @davis_korgrd do you know if a quick bug fix release is in the works for the selection color bug mentioned in this thread?

• There’s one more minor color issue that’s still present. The scene header progress color is light yellow and when it covers the scene name (which is in white) you can’t read it. That could be fixed by just making the scene name the same color as the scene play button.

• I’m actually gonna give some love to Deemax. Yes it’s definitely overpriced for what it is and is indeed not very subtle, BUT if you adjust it carefully via the Korg flick gesture and use small amounts, it can be really handy to have in there.

• edited May 2019

AUTOSAVE CRISIS. :s

I just went to open a track on my wife's iPad we were working on last week and it does not seem to be there in the "open" dialog

Having opened a couple of the tracks I then opened the track that we'd just been working on today and half of the stuff we did was not there - only like the first instrument was there from when we initially saved the song this morning.

Does Gadget not do an Autosave of what you are working on like all other iPads apps? I'm really bummed out :'(

• And the new gadgets?> @ricksteruk said:

I just went to open a track on my wife's iPad we were working on last week and it does not seem to be there in the "open" dialog

Having opened a couple of the tracks I then opened the track that we'd just been working on today and half of the stuff we did was not there - only like the first instrument was there from when we initially saved the song this morning.

Does Gadget not do an Autosave of what you are working on like all other iPads apps? I'm really bummed out :'(

Gadget does not have autosave, alas.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    And the new gadgets?> @ricksteruk said:

Gutted!

• What are people doing for Gadget file management? The biggest problem for me are the numbered versions that Gadget makes if the same song is opened or saved on different devices around the same time (see picture). I try to delete the items I don’t want to keep, but they pop back up from the cloud. Any way to delete files so they don’t show up on your list of songs available to open?

• @ricksteruk said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Gutted!

Well, on the plus side that's a couple fewer songs that you don't have to feel bad about not finishing?
    ;)
    Too soon?

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@ricksteruk said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Gutted!

Well, on the plus side that's a couple fewer songs that you don't have to feel bad about not finishing?
    ;)
    Too soon?

Haha! 🤣 that’s one way of looking at it. In this case however I think it means trying to recreate and remember patches riffs and melodies - we were working on songs for a new performance project.

• I can bring up the note colors in our next meeting, but they honestly look fine to me. The difference between grey/cream and 100% alpha white is pretty easy to see.

I'll also bring up the clip names being unreadable partway through playback.

• @samu I'm not sure about the record monitoring, I'll have to ask

• edited May 2019

@davis_korgrd said:
    @samu I'm not sure about the record monitoring, I'll have to ask

Your presence is always welcome here.
    [EXTREME PETER FALK/COLUMBO VOICE] Oh, and uh, one more thing. WHEN WHEN WHEN DO THE NEW GADGETS DROP!?

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@davis_korgrd said:

[EXTREME PETER FALK/COLUMBO VOICE] Oh, and uh, one more thing. WHEN WHEN WHEN DO THE NEW GADGETS DROP!?

Well played :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@davis_korgrd said:

You have just admitted to having watched live television in the 1970s. (Or at least the original "Wings of Desire.")

• @davis_korgrd said:

Thanks!

To add some things to the ‘argument list’ for adding a monitor feature...
    (This is mostly applicable when using an interface with multiple inputs).

• Be able to apply the Gadget effects to audio for live performance without having to record.
    • Be able to ‘hear’ the external instrument thru Gadget Effects while editing and creating a sequence using Taipei.

Some ‘Bonus Request’

• Allow selecting another Gadget Track as Audio Input to extend the the range of effects and also allow easier internal ‘re-sampling/recording’.
    • Allow saving audio from a ‘scene selection’ (ie. start bar/beat & end bar/beat) to a separate audio file (currently all track audio is saved in to a long file that is ‘too long’ for import into Bilbao, AbuDhabi & Vancouver).
    • Render Track/Scene to a user named file re-sampling purposes.
      (And by doing this extend the maximum sample time in the ‘Sample Gadgets’ to cover the full 16 Bars at lowest supported BPM.

It’s easier said than done but there, I’ve said it :)

Cheers!

• @davis_korgrd said:
    I can bring up the note colors in our next meeting, but they honestly look fine to me. The difference between grey/cream and 100% alpha white is pretty easy to see.

Did you check Berlin/Dublin/Montreal as the notes are white.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@ricksteruk said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Gutted!

;)
    Too soon?

😂

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@davis_korgrd said:

You have just admitted to having watched live television in the 1970s. (Or at least the original "Wings of Desire.")

I LOVE Wings of Desire in particular and Wim Wenders in general. I swear it was my left over feelings for Paris, Texas that Mrs. Goodyear used to get me to move to Austin in the first place. As for Columbo, I do have every episode they made of that show. It's part of a hedge I have (on a number of hard drives) against the years of drooling beneath the red blanket when simple-minded comforting entertainment of my own choosing may prove to be at a premium.

• @Mark B said:

@davis_korgrd said:
    I can bring up the note colors in our next meeting, but they honestly look fine to me. The difference between grey/cream and 100% alpha white is pretty easy to see.

Did you check Berlin/Dublin/Montreal as the notes are white.

Exactly - there is NO difference between unselected and selected notes in these gadgets @davis_korgrd