Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

K7D - Tape Delay by Imaginando Lda

Comments

• First listen = really interesting presets and yes, a full randomizer. Haven’t really dug into the sound quality yet. Just a quick play. I think this is going to be fun.

• edited May 2019

Wow. I think people are going to really, really love this, especially for ambient pads. It definitely brings something unique to the table.

• Translation: it's out, check your first empty screen if you pre-ordered.

• Loving it so far! Beam me up...

• Ya this thing make a drc sound like it's going back in time!!

• Wow I love this. It clicked right away. I wasn’t able to get the same satisfaction with any other tape delay. This is my new go-to!

• I'll buy this one to show my support even though I could most likely get it for free.

The 'other' tape-delays don't click with me the way this does...

• edited May 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • A lot of fun this night playing with DRC+Samples+K7D...it has a unique character

• Wow ! I don't have RE-1 yet so I can't compare, but this one REALLY brings something new to my ears 👍.

BUT... there is, for me, a BIG BUT : Why the hell are texts so tiny and narrowed ? 🤔 There is so much room to allow the use of an extended, bold, and so much more readable font...

• @Gratouilli said:
    Wow ! I don't have RE-1 yet so I can't compare, but this one REALLY brings something new to my ears 👍.

BUT... there is, for me, a BIG BUT : Why the hell are texts so tiny and narrowed ? 🤔 There is so much room to allow the use of an extended, bold, and so much more readable font...

Agree here, I think it's so small due to being universal.

Don't know if @sinosoidal has any plans to make the UI 'scale' so it's easier to see?
    (Even though I'm on beta I bought it to support it).

• A+!

This is how to do it. Attention to detail with regards to sound design (this oozes analog warmth) and a ton of presets to give you a great sense of the sonic possibilities. Bravo!

• edited May 2019

Oh wow, that is an Amazing tape delay, well done imaginando , an instant classic I reckon!

• Congrats on the release chaps. Good work.

• @EyeOhEss said:
    How does this compare with RE-1? I found Re-1 to be kinda buggy last time I gave it a spin...

I have both. RE-1 has sample loading and a few other features, but this seems a bit easier to get going though neither is difficult. Can’t go wrong with either or both.

• edited May 2019

Yeah, this is really good. It's rare that I sit down and dive deep immediately after purchasing, but I've already spent well over an hour on this. I think it has a better tape sound than RE-1, and the LFO for time and especially the filter options can make this do much wilder, more experimental things with tape clicks and such (just check the presets for a good selection of crazier stuff you can do with it). The interface is much more inviting than the other as well. RE-1 is still good, don't get me wrong. I won't go into any more detail because its 3 freakin dollars and more fun to play with than sell anonymous people on it. The Imaginando guys really get it, and this is the best thing to be released so far this year.

• I wonder if it is possible for the devs to increase the max delay time (to 4-5 seconds) for some sound on sound applications. It would be really nice.

• edited May 2019

For those comparing this to RE-1...

K7D is strictly a tape delay effect. It doesn't overdub anything. It has some LFO control and a High/Low pass filter. While K7D has a great sound and some excellent presets, there are key differences.

I use RE-1 regularly on an iPad 10.5 Pro and an iPhone SE. I haven't noticed any bugs at all lately, but in the beginning there were some that got squashed.

RE-1 is also a tape delay effect, but it gives you control over all 3 heads. Not so with K7D. K7D has some control over the 3 heads, but only the spread of the heads. RE-1 has this too, but it ALSO gives you individual control over each head. RE-1, you can ALSO record, effect, and save your loops within the app and also import or export samples from the app. Not so with K7D. RE-1 works more like an actual tape recorder with a loop tape that you're overdubbing onto. K7D does not do this. In this regard, RE-1 can do tape looping with overdub in a similar fashion to Enso.

RE-1 also has time-stretching, and a few other effects.

They both have panning, and some wow/flutter control, but RE-1 adds saturation and tape hiss. RE-1 also adds some treble/bass adjustment.

They're both good. And I think they're both worth having. I haven't decided if I'll get K7D yet. Probably will, but there's a lot of crossover with delay effect portion, and RE-1 ALSO has all the tape overdubbing, import/export samples, etc. in addition to the tape delay effect.

They do have different sounds though. RE-1 is more like 2 apps in 1, in that it records/overdubs/imports/exports samples. K7D focuses on the tape delay effect. No sampling/overdubbing, etc.

But, for $3 it's definitely worth picking up. It sounds good, has fun presets, and it's made by an excellent developer.

• This thing sounds great. It’s so lush and dirty and analogy. Thanks for the linkage 👊🏼™️

• @EyeOhEss said:
    How does this compare with RE-1? I found Re-1 to be kinda buggy last time I gave it a spin...

Honestly, I use it every single day (two instances at most if that's relevant) and haven't experienced any bugs since around the time of release. There are a couple of UI artifacts with the knobs when being displayed in fullscreen mode, but it has no impact on stability, sound or usability.

• Have tried the others but this one is the first to feel like it’s fully ticking all my boxes, nice work.

Scythe synth running thru K7D is quite a delight.

• @echoopera said:
    This thing sounds great. It’s so lush and dirty and analogy. Thanks for the linkage 👊🏼™️

Tried it with some of my own guitar loops and also fugue machine at slow tempos.. Amazing! The pre-gain can really add some dirty warmth.. love it all! It will be on many upcoming experiments. Great addition to the tape delay family.
    Thank you for the fun toy Imaginando.

• Just a heads up.. it really comes into its own when you put it on its own channel and send to it. It’s much more manageable and easier to tame.

• Not even listened to any demo.
    Instabuy !
    Thanks !

• Yes it’s really good and different. This is my 14th delay effect- and I it’s definitely one of my favourites. As I had hoped- it goes very well with Troublemaker. It’s a bargain at the current intro price.

• Good golly this is fun. Running a Module piano through K7D and Kleverb (which I had picked up on Easter sale but had yet to try), and getting some delicious results. The range of presets are wonderful. Those Fluttery Chords!

• Noticed that plugin does't save state with host project... or in other words, if you save project with K7D values changed and then you reload it, plugin is again in it's default state..

tried in AUM, Cubasis, NS - same everywhere

• @dendy said:
    Noticed that plugin does't save state with host project... or in other words, if you save project with K7D values changed and then you reload it, plugin is again in it's default state..

That's true! We have already fixed the issue and an update should be available in the next couple of days.

• @sinosoidal said:

@dendy said:
    Noticed that plugin does't save state with host project... or in other words, if you save project with K7D values changed and then you reload it, plugin is again in it's default state..

That's true! We have already fixed the issue and an update should be available in the next couple of days.

Sweet! Ty