Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

A small Rozeta trick: Driving Bassline/Cells using Rhythm/XOX

Maybe this is obvious, but its a new idea to me for some semirandom basslines:

• Set up a Bassline sequencer with a handful of notes in your scale (like a 1 - 7 - 5 thing, or just randomize and turn on ‘enough’ notes.) . Set it to be midi triggered, not Autoplay, and turn off the Midi transpose thing. Feed it to Troublemaker or something. Maybe use Scaler inbetween.
  • Set up a Rhythm ( or other drum sequencer) sequencer, feed its output to a drum machine and create or generate a cool pattern
  • Then link the output of the Rhythm to the Bassline too. This will now play the notes in time with the drums.
  • Randomize and tweak until happy.

Comments

• Nice one! Cool idea to keep drum and bass tracks in sync, almost like scenes in Ableton/Maschine.

• Nice!! :)

• I was having some fun last night running Rozeta XOX into a Ruismaker, playing a simple beat, and then running the same XOX into Cality, which I then fed into Troublemaker. Instant random-ish bassline in synch with the drums.

• @Cliffy said:
    I was having some fun last night running Rozeta XOX into a Ruismaker, playing a simple beat, and then running the same XOX into Cality, which I then fed into Troublemaker. Instant random-ish bassline in synch with the drums.

Yowza, great idea. Thanks for the tip!

• @Cliffy said:
    I was having some fun last night running Rozeta XOX into a Ruismaker, playing a simple beat, and then running the same XOX into Cality, which I then fed into Troublemaker. Instant random-ish bassline in synch with the drums.

You know what would be cool is being able to transpose what is coming out of Cality by using a midi controller. Essentially what would be cool is to change the kick drum note but leave everything else going along in key. I'm sure there's a way but I haven't thought of it yet...

• Great tips - cheers. There’s a few more hours messing 😊

• edited May 2019

Variations on a theme:

XOX => Cality. Cality => Polythemus
    Polythemus splits the multiple notes into distributed channels which then can be sent to different synths. Play with the voice allocation modes and the number of voices.

Cality => Polythemus. Polythemus => Midi DeGhost => Synth
    Adjusting the Block Time and toggling the tempo sync gives interesting to great results.

NodeBeat => Vatanator (drum machine) NodeBeat => to Scalar / Keybud => Synths
    Set up nodebeat to C chromatic and Lowest Octave to 1 for best results in triggering drums. Use Scalar / Kebud to change the midi from Nodebeat to different octaves and keys

anyone else...

• Uno mass

XOX => Drum Machine => Cality. Cality => Polythemus. Polythemus (one channel one voice)=> MidiEcho => Synth
    For creating timed pitch delays, arpeggios.

Cality => Roseta Arp works nice too.

• Quick example with Rozeta, Trouble- and Ruismaker FM in AUM:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ecpofwemkdloq6/RandomBassSynch.aumproj?dl=0

Sounds like

https://www.dropbox.com/s/59dd9ukwavt6jqc/RBS.m4a?dl=0

Almost completely random.