Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Reslice vs Octatrack.

Elektron Octatrack is a best performance sampler in the world. I was a owner of Octatrack for a long time, but I had to sell it because of financial difficulties. Beatmaker 3 has replaced many Elektron options, but of course not all. I met several posts about the Reslice app, a cool app with interesting features. but I do not understand how to use it with external equipment? Can the application slice the live audio stream? Please describe your workflow.

Comments

• edited May 2019

@waterdrop
    Neither OT nor ReSlice can slice live audio stream. If you're looking for something like stutter that you could achieve with OTs delay Turnado can do that and much more.
    Both OT and ReSlice can sample (standalone ReSlice), or load loops (both standalone and AU).
    IMO OTs strength lies in its seq (p-locks) and its live playability (fader, scenes, parts for power users). Nothing really comes close to combine these in single solution.
    Depending on what you want to replicate from your OT days, there are solutions on iOS, but not in a single package.
    You can't sync record perfect loops into ReSlice (standalone), but since it can auto-slice based on transient it still can be useful for certain things.
    I'm using it as an AU in AUM. I can record prefect loops in AUM and paste them into ReSlice.
    Compared to OT you have limited options to play with per slice (pitch, level, pan, basic env, reverse). There is a unique seq/arp section, IMO quite awkward to use as typical seq, but with its 4 play heads can do some serious damage to the loop (and your sanity :) ).
    If you describe what exactly you want to achieve, it's easier to recommend tool/workflow.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @EyeOhEss said:

@recccp said:
    @waterdrop
    Neither OT nor ReSlice can slice live audio stream. If you're looking for something like stutter that you could achieve with OTs delay Turnado can do that and much more.
    Both OT and ReSlice can sample (standalone ReSlice), or load loops (both standalone and AU).
    IMO OTs strength lies in its seq (p-locks) and its live playability (fader, scenes, parts for power users). Nothing really comes close to combine these in single solution.
    Depending on what you want to replicate from your OT days, there are solutions on iOS, but not in a single package.
    You can't sync record perfect loops into ReSlice (standalone), but since it can auto-slice based on transient it still can be useful for certain things.
    I'm using it as an AU in AUM. I can record prefect loops in AUM and paste them into ReSlice.
    Compared to OT you have limited options to play with per slice (pitch, level, pan, basic env, reverse). There is a unique seq/arp section, IMO quite awkward to use as typical seq, but with its 4 play heads can do some serious damage to the loop (and your sanity :) ).
    If you describe what exactly you want to achieve, so it's easier to recommend tool/workflow.

I think maybe they’re talking about setting slices in OT Rec Buffer and then live sampling in to that? Slice markers remaining in tact during recording.

If so, yeah, I ‘think’ same thing can be done in ReSlice but I haven’t tried it so can’t guarantee..

Pre-sliced recording buffer only useful if you have rec trigs, or can record synced perfect loops. Afaik ReSlice can't do that.

• edited May 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Reslice does it's own thing which originally spun me into a bit of a mental block regarding the things it's good for. I came at it expecting the REX type workflows you get in MPC/Maschine/Ableton etc when in fact it's far more powerful as a slice driven polyrhythm/polymeter based sequencer.

Learning how to make best use of the four independent sequencer tracks can spin your head a little as it feels maybe a little less musical and leans more towards those with a procedural programmatic mindset. Working with slices in MPC/Maschine/Ableton etc is a little more intuitive but once you get into the Reslice workflow, things don't seem so obtuse and you'll find it's capable of sequences that would be very difficult to achieve with alternative slice base sequencing tools.

@waterdrop I know this still doesn't answer your question directly but I think it's good to understand that Reslice isn't your typical slice based sampling tool.

• Thanks guys! I understand that the process with octatrack is unique, I will experiment with AUM and reslice .

• Can ReSlice be used as an AUv3 effect and sample from its input?

• @jipumarino said:
    Can ReSlice be used as an AUv3 effect and sample from its input?

Nope.

• @VirSyn ReSlice as a AU effect would be super cool.

I guess another option is Enso?