Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: The Enemy Within

Comments

• @Moderndaycompiler said:
    Maybe that the ramifications of this has finally caught up to us here in the USA regarding our current situation.

“One of the things that was taken out of the curriculum was civics. Civics was a class that used to be required before you could graduate from high school. You were taught what was in the U.S. Constitution. And after all the student rebellions in the '60s, civics was banished from the student curriculum and was replaced by something called social studies. Here we live in a country that has a fabulous constitution and all these guarantees, a contract between the citizens and the government - nobody knows what's in it. It's one of the best kept secrets. And so, if you don't know what your rights are, how can you stand up for them? And furthermore, if you don't know what is in that document, how can you care if someone is shredding it?”

Taken from a 1991 interview for Spin magazine.
    http://www.oocities.org/zerttrez/interviews/90-93/91spin.html

Lol, that ain’t no Trump interview.

• Well, so far do good, as to our civility. As our leader just said about the "unfair" banning of Jones and Farrakhan from FaceBook (Twitter?) and the bias towards Republicans because Twitter has removed "countless" (thank you, Sarah Sanders) bots from his followers.... I am watching this closely!

Can we possibly get back to my original point, along with all the other crap, of course... Hatred seems to be more overt. Violence the goto option for many. And, ironically, the first amendment protects us all equally. Is Mario unique, or the tip of an enormous iceberg of fear and pain straining to be unleashed on the "other"?

• @Ripper7620 said:
    My personal takeaway on politics in general, is that democrats, putting them all in a box, so to speak, tend to be sleazy and immoral on the surface, however, they have a tendency of telling us ahead of time what they want to/ are going to do. On the other hand, republicans have a tendency to put on a good front (at least to the right leaning public), however, on the inside, IMO, most of them are evil and rotten to the very core, if you just do some digging on them. So, on the surface, I only see two very poor choices given to us. Both parties will fight very hard to keep third party candidates as irrelevant, and in affective as they possibly can, attempting to preempt any third choice from ever becoming a serious contender. Things will only begin to change, when our values begin to change, and we become aware of what the real truth is.

Leadership of both major parties really function as a single party that caters to the whims of their corporate and mega wealthy donors. Both parties work to keep insurgents and rogues from rising up through their parties, but it seems that the public is attempting to correct this. I think the Tea Party and Trump are the result of Republican voters trying to change their party for the better, and get rid of corruption. The recent election and push to not accept corporate money are the result of Democratic voters doing the same.

A third party is a hard sell. I don’t even know if it could successfully be sold. It seems it would have to come about spontaneously, created by a mass of people who have somehow escaped the mindset imposed on them by the mass media conglomerate. But working to change things from within the two existing parties seems to be happening and having some effect.

If Republicans really want to change their party and rid it of corruption, they really need to take a cue from the Democrats and pay attention to who is funding their choices. Candidates who only take small donations from actual individual donors are the ones that you should probably support. They are the ones who don’t work for the special interests of corporate and wealthy donors and lobbyists.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Well, so far do good, as to our civility. As our leader just said about the "unfair" banning of Jones and Farrakhan from FaceBook (Twitter?) and the bias towards Republicans because Twitter has removed "countless" (thank you, Sarah Sanders) bots from his followers.... I am watching this closely!

Can we possibly get back to my original point, along with all the other crap, of course... Hatred seems to be more overt. Violence the goto option for many. And, ironically, the first amendment protects us all equally. Is Mario unique, or the tip of an enormous iceberg of fear and pain straining to be unleashed on the "other"?

I think a lot of those comments are just shit-talking aimed at stirring the pot, or to freak people out (like yourself). It is just talk.
    But people take their cue from others behavior, and I am sure these types of comments inspire other people to do crazy, terrible things.

The ratcheting up of “acceptable” violence has been going on for a long time. It was also at a horrifying level fairly recently, in both of our lifetimes, in the United States. Really, for some people, it never really was non-violent, and it still is today.
    I think you could see this day coming when watching crap like The Jerry Springer Show years ago. Idiotic, non-sensical violence was made acceptable on that show. Then there’s all the Reality Shows since then, with people attacking each other for stupid reasons. These change what is tolerable as normal behavior in society, since people take their cue from others, for better or worse.

• I would like to give @Michael a sincere thanks for wisdom of allowing this thread to continue. I normally do not participate in these threads but this one has maintained a real sense of civility.

Fiction from my childhood is now reality. Both good films worth seeing imho.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_World's_Greatest_Sinner

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Face_in_the_Crowd_(film)

• edited May 2019

@LinearLineman said:
    Well, so far do good, as to our civility. As our leader just said about the "unfair" banning of Jones and Farrakhan from FaceBook (Twitter?) and the bias towards Republicans because Twitter has removed "countless" (thank you, Sarah Sanders) bots from his followers.... I am watching this closely!

I’ll play.

In my life talking and interacting with real people in the real world (what matters most in life assuming you are not Conan) I don't see hatred as being more overt. If anything people seem a fair bit nicer and more open now than they did at any point in my life. I see less racism, less sexism, less bullying and more nuanced conversation. If people were tweeting, facebooking and commenting at any point in history (the 1200s, the 1950s, the 1970s, ancient egypt, 1981 etc) it would have been the same ugly garbage that emerged in that medium. The medium is the message. So is hatred more overt in that it is easier to find? Hell yah! Everything is easier to find. I can be humming a mattress store commercial that played on tv thirty five years ago when I was a kid and see it in under a minute on the magic box I carry around in my pocket. Pick your poison, its all there.

• edited May 2019

...and of course the traditional posting of the ceremonial Stephen Pinker Ted Talk...

• edited May 2019

@CracklePot said:

@LinearLineman said:

I think a lot of those comments are just shit-talking aimed at stirring the pot, or to freak people out (like yourself). It is just talk.
    But people take their cue from others behavior, and I am sure these types of comments inspire other people to do crazy, terrible things.

The ratcheting up of “acceptable” violence has been going on for a long time. It was also at a horrifying level fairly recently, in both of our lifetimes, in the United States. Really, for some people, it never really was non-violent, and it still is today.
    I think you could see this day coming when watching crap like The Jerry Springer Show years ago. Idiotic, non-sensical violence was made acceptable on that show. Then there’s all the Reality Shows since then, with people attacking each other for stupid reasons. These change what is tolerable as normal behavior in society, since people take their cue from others, for better or worse.

Oh yah, the art or ‘art’ is getting gross to me. But I am sure bards in Shakespeare's time were singing about ‘cuttin bitches’ etc.

• @CracklePot said:

@Ripper7620 said:
    My personal takeaway on politics in general, is that democrats, putting them all in a box, so to speak, tend to be sleazy and immoral on the surface, however, they have a tendency of telling us ahead of time what they want to/ are going to do. On the other hand, republicans have a tendency to put on a good front (at least to the right leaning public), however, on the inside, IMO, most of them are evil and rotten to the very core, if you just do some digging on them. So, on the surface, I only see two very poor choices given to us. Both parties will fight very hard to keep third party candidates as irrelevant, and in affective as they possibly can, attempting to preempt any third choice from ever becoming a serious contender. Things will only begin to change, when our values begin to change, and we become aware of what the real truth is.

Leadership of both major parties really function as a single party that caters to the whims of their corporate and mega wealthy donors. Both parties work to keep insurgents and rogues from rising up through their parties, but it seems that the public is attempting to correct this. I think the Tea Party and Trump are the result of Republican voters trying to change their party for the better, and get rid of corruption. The recent election and push to not accept corporate money are the result of Democratic voters doing the same.

A third party is a hard sell. I don’t even know if it could successfully be sold. It seems it would have to come about spontaneously, created by a mass of people who have somehow escaped the mindset imposed on them by the mass media conglomerate. But working to change things from within the two existing parties seems to be happening and having some effect.

If Republicans really want to change their party and rid it of corruption, they really need to take a cue from the Democrats and pay attention to who is funding their choices. Candidates who only take small donations from actual individual donors are the ones that you should probably support. They are the ones who don’t work for the special interests of corporate and wealthy donors and lobbyists.

Thank you for your reply, you made your point very eloquently, and I’m impressed. My personal philosophy on third party candidates, is simply that supporting a “good one”, who is honest and has integrity, even if they have little to no chance of being elected, will encourage more third party candidates to run. So even though I may be “throwing away my voice on a third party candidate”, my belief is that we can impact future elections by doing what is in our power to encourage good people to run as independent candidates. Maybe I’m naive, but to me, at this present time, that’s what I see to be our best chance to get better, more honest, and integrity in public office.

• edited May 2019

Can we possibly get back to my original point, along with all the other crap, of course... Hatred seems to be more overt. Violence the goto option for many. And, ironically, the first amendment protects us all equally.

FUD is a term that used to be used a lot in the 80's when Apple and Microsoft and others were in complete competition (battle) for software. Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt. These are now the same tactics used against our body politic by persons external to sovereign nations as well as by people who, by design or confluence, are within them.

It can be hard to ascribe causality to why people do what they do. Why they think what they think, feel what they feel? Why they are impolite? Why they betray the country they inhabit who's laws protect them?

The only thing I can think of is some are desperate and willing to believe and REACT to FUD, and some others think either ideologically and/or economically they can come out ahead. There are plenty of desperate patsies to choose from, and an ever increasing number of people of dubious or ill intent willing to take advantage of FUD.

Like a virus - those who seek power have turned our commonness against us. They have turned the rules and civility of our structure against us, or have ignored the rules and flaunted the laws daring us to respond and then using the same set of rules against us.

This goes not only for true written and statutory laws but for unwritten ones like civility and norms and morals. While it is true the First Amendment protects freedom of speech some speech is indeed restricted. Like shouting fire in a theater when there is no fire and the theater is full. This spreads fear. This fear is purposeful and intended.

To counter norms such as civility, Free Speech is now used as a tool by extremists so they can say whatever incendiary thing they want to say whether it be true or not. This is to spread FUD, and to put those who would counter such tripe off balance.

Who's to blame? I know we can put the blame on "those guys" insert gay, women, people of color, immigrants basically anybody who is the "other". Why because it's an emotional trigger, it's easy to capitalize on the amygdala. It's hard to counter with logic and policy that you can't fit on a hat.

You tell me I can't say such racist vile things! It's my opinion. This is America. You can't stop me! FIRE, FIRE, FIRE!!!!

Quit it!

Halp, someone's trying to stop FREE SPEECH!

To get to the point. Its deliberate and intended to turn us against ourselves, increasing the small and the deep divisions already existing in the polis.

• Where hate goes violence isn't far behind.

• edited May 2019

self edit: double post

• edited May 2019

@audiblevideo said:

Can we possibly get back to my original point, along with all the other crap, of course... Hatred seems to be more overt. Violence the goto option for many. And, ironically, the first amendment protects us all equally.

FUD is a term that used to be used a lot in the 80's when Apple and Microsoft and others were in complete competition (battle) for software. Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt. These are now the same tactics used against our body politic by persons external to sovereign nations as well as by people who, by design or confluence, are within them.

It can be hard to ascribe causality to why people do what they do. Why they think what they think, feel what they feel? Why they are impolite? Why they betray the country they inhabit who's laws protect them?

The only thing I can think of is some are desperate and willing to believe and REACT to FUD, and some others think either ideologically and/or economically they can come out ahead. There are plenty of desperate patsies to choose from, and an ever increasing number of people of dubious or ill intent willing to take advantage of FUD.

Like a virus - those who seek power have turned our commonness against us. They have turned the rules and civility of our structure against us, or have ignored the rules and flaunted the laws daring us to respond and then using the same set of rules against us.

This goes not only for true written and statutory laws but for unwritten ones like civility and norms and morals. While it is true the First Amendment protects freedom of speech some speech is indeed restricted. Like shouting fire in a theater when there is no fire and the theater is full. This spreads fear. This fear is purposeful and intended.

To counter norms such as civility, Free Speech is now used as a tool by extremists so they can say whatever incendiary thing they want to say whether it be true or not. This is to spread FUD, and to put those who would counter such tripe off balance.

Who's to blame? I know we can put the blame on "those guys" insert gay, women, people of color, immigrants basically anybody who is the "other". Why because it's an emotional trigger, it's easy to capitalize on the amygdala. It's hard to counter with logic and policy that you can't fit on a hat.

You tell me I can't say such racist vile things! It's my opinion. This is America. You can't stop me! FIRE, FIRE, FIRE!!!!

Quit it!

Halp, someone's trying to stop FREE SPEECH!

To get to the point. Its deliberate and intended to turn us against ourselves. Dividing the small and the deep divisions already existing in the polis.

I like the FUD explanation, and was not aware of the concept.
    It seems somewhat similar to what I call:
    Gaslight
    Obstruct
    Project

• Same, same, same shit. GOP <—> FUD

• @CracklePot said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@kobamoto said:
    Katy Perry, John lennon, englebert humperdink, bob marley, cardi B, the carpenters, public enemy, Miley Cyrus, yoyo ma, Dolly Parton, tom petty, Stevie wonder... and the list goes on.

Musicians/ people who make music aren't just one kind of person, who make music for one kind of reason.... if they were, all music would suck.

Absolutely.
    Interesting that the right only has "Hank" Williams Jr and Kid Rock.
    Man, THAT's a looooong ways down from Wagner.

Hey man, don’t forget The Nuge.
    :D

But I try so desperately to do so!
    Not attending state fairs and tractor pulls seem to help.

• Crisis = opportunity
    It is explained in detail in the theory of Disaster Capitalism.

• @CracklePot said:
    Crisis = opportunity
    It is explained in detail in the theory of Disaster Capitalism.

Sadly crisis does equal opportunity to many who are in charge, great point, and something to keep in mind when examining the actions of the ruling elite.

• Trump has many people thinking he's just a greedy businessman but he has roots in the movement, is it true his father was arrested with the kkk?... Also people claim he's a bungling igit but I don't think so, chaos agents only pretend to be idiots, no matter what big distraction he's thrown out into the wild the common denominator within himself has always been hatred of others....
    personally I'm a single issue voter, I don't vote for anyone that has so much in common with boko haram

• edited May 2019

I'm not sure that I see the point of this whole thread.

The OP saw a comment that somebody made on tv who happens to belong to a certain side of the political spectrum, and the OP thought that it was worthy of a thread on an iOS music forum and wants to start a discussion around that, yet most of the replies are predictably only bashing one side?

The other side, whose name I won't even bother to mention, as I find them to be worse than 60 day old sewage, has been making many similar and much worse comments than that for literally ages now, sometimes even directed at children. Somebody could make 50 threads a day about it, if they wanted to. There is something called people will reap what they sow, and it's about time that the chickens come home to roost. I also believe that people deserve to be treated as they themselves treat others.

I find this to be a marvelous time, politically speaking. I am happy and things are going great.

I couldn't care less about one comment made by somebody I had never heard of before on some news channel, I already know who I'll be voting for the next time around. I also know about the many thousands of comments made by others too.

• @CrazySynthMan said:
    I'm not sure that I see the point of this whole thread.

The OP saw a comment that somebody made on tv who happens to belong to a certain side of the political spectrum, and the OP thought that it was worthy of a thread on an iOS music forum and wants to start a discussion around that, yet most of the replies are predictably only bashing one side?

The other side, whose name I won't even bother to mention, as I find them to be worse than 60 day old sewage, has been making many similar and much worse comments than that for literally ages now, sometimes even directed at children. Somebody could make 50 threads a day about it, if they wanted to. There is something called people will reap what they sow, and it's about time that the chickens come home to roost. I also believe that people deserve to be treated as they themselves treat others.

I find this to be a marvelous time, politically speaking. I am happy and things are going great.

I couldn't care less about one comment made by somebody I had never heard of before on some news channel, I already know who I'll be voting for the next time around. I also know about the many thousands of comments made by others too.

Stupid is as stupid does.

• @JeffChasteen said:

And this here is a perfect example of the "tolerant" and "civil" left. When confronted with a contrarian opinion, which is outside of their little, protected bubble, and their groupthink world, they will resort to childish insults and ad hominem responses, similar to how a 5 year old child would respond.

We'll see who the real "stupid" ones are again, soon enough. I predict a lot of screaming at the sky events and a major crisis in the mental health well being of certain groups, as many of them are already certifiably insane today. It'll be awesome, and I'm already stocking up on the popcorn.

• I need more than popcorn, I need facts.

• edited May 2019

@CrazySynthMan said:

@JeffChasteen said:

And this here is a perfect example of the "tolerant" and "civil" left. When confronted with a contrarian opinion, which is outside of their little, protected bubble, and their groupthink world, they will resort to childish insults and ad hominem responses, similar to how a 5 year old child would respond.

We'll see who the real "stupid" ones are again, soon enough. I predict a lot of screaming at the sky events and a major crisis in the mental health well being of certain groups, as many of them are already certifiably insane today. It'll be awesome, and I'm already stocking up on the popcorn.

So are you saying the "left" is supposed to behave better than the "right" but when they behave as badly as the "right" then it means everything is the same so therefore there's no difference at all and the facts don't matter because behavior is everything?

If someone with facts or science behaves badly that means they behave badly but doesn't invalidate the facts or the science. If someone without facts or science behaves badly, they're just behaving badly and are still ignorant.

There is no equivalence save perhaps in etiquette.

• @CrazySynthMan said:

@JeffChasteen said:

Thank you for the typical empty and worn-out cliches so beloved by you barking parrots of the right.
    Did you know that exit polling data and actuary tables indicate that a likely Republican voter dies every 17 seconds?
    Godspeed!

By the way, you have an unsightly little orange stain there in the corner of your mouth. You may want to do something about that...

• @vitocorleone123 said:

@CrazySynthMan said:

@JeffChasteen said:

So are you saying the "left" is supposed to behave better than the "right" but when they behave as badly as the "right" then it means everything is the same so therefore there's no difference at all and the facts don't matter because behavior is everything?

If someone with facts or science behaves badly that means they behave badly but doesn't invalidate the facts or the science. If someone without facts or science behaves badly, they're just behaving badly and are still ignorant.

There is no equivalence save perhaps in etiquette.

If that idiot thinks my response is that of a 5 year old child, I can only assume that he will be voting for me in 2020. He admittedly likes that type of behavior in his candidates.

• some people equate equality to being marginalized/oppressed by others

some people think there is such a thing as 'a real american'..

some people think that 4-6% unemployment means that they've been forgotten, while other people 9-18% unemployment for the last 20 years means that you are doing fine and should not complain

some people think if you're a crack addict that you're a thug that deserves to be 2nd amended, but that if you're an opiod addict you're a victim that suffers from a disease and needs help

some people don't believe in racism but believe in 'reverse racism'.... lol

some people believe in suppressing the votes of others

some people support a president that said that foreign terrorist should be executed and that their families should be executed as well, but that domestic terrorist are fine people.

some people think it's ok to take thousands of children away from their parents and not even keep track of them or return them. just like boko haram... oh wait a minute, it was only 200 children that outraged the world over Boko right wasn't it, so how outraged did you get over thousands.

we could do this all day, but you know forget about all that cause the most important thing is jobs jobs jobs... right?

isis was good at job creation too
    Louis Farrakhan although not a gov leader was still good at job creation as well, and he got drugs out of many communities.
    hitler was a good job creator too

why not support them too?

do you support apartheid of course not right, everybody knows South African apartheid is baaad, but what about apartheid everywhere else around the world?

I have no remorse for people who's value system is based on whether or not somebody else drives a pick up truck or drinks a latte... wtf is that all about.
    the people are the problem, not the media, not the internet, and not the politicians they empower, it's the people themselves that are the problem.

F people.... Love Beatmachines

• Why is JeffChasteen sending me obnoxious private messages?

Is he not man enough to post them in this thread, or is he trying to hide just how juvenile and gutter trash his true character is from this forum?

• edited May 2019

@CrazySynthMan said:
    Why is JeffChasteen sending me obnoxious private messages?

Is he not man enough to post them in this thread, or is he trying to hide just how juvenile and gutter trash his true character is from this forum?

Okay:
    Fuck you, you Magabilly trash.
    Is that good enough for you, you whining little snowflake?

By the way, I'm not the one hiding behind an anonymous username. Talk about cowardice...

• personal comments and detractions should be taken private so that this thread does not get closed, that goes for you even if getting the thread closed instead of posting facts is your goal.

take it private, leave the thread alone.

This discussion has been closed.