Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NEW Interview: MSimp (MSXII): Drops truth about the Future of iOS Music + New Apps on the Way!

It was really fun talking to MSimp. He's a brilliant guy.
And, he even reveals he's got some new apps on the way:

Michael Simpson (aka MSimp) is a music app maker and one of the most in-demand sound designers in the world.

You’ve heard his sounds on the radio, in Super Bowl commercials, and even in the official sounds for industry-standard Ableton and Native Instruments apps (and hardware).

Additionally, his company MSXII has already released two incredible apps: Lo-Fly Dirt and Fly Tape.

MSimp sat down with us to share his thoughts on the future of iOS Music. And he gives you tips on how to get started making apps and even how to make your music sound better.

https://audiokitpro.com/msimp-msxii-fly-tape-lo-fly-dirt/

Comments

• Loved watching this, very inspiring

• edited May 2019

Said it before and will continue to do so, these guys are just good people through and through, the whole msx audio team. Brief story, I used to be anti-sample pack and not finding your own or designing your own samples felt dirty to me, and it was actually coming across these guys and their background ethos behind the design that completely changed my perspective... MSX is like eating healthy

btw Matt thanks for the interview.

• Awesome interview. Just picked up FlyTape👊🏼™️ because of it.

• Both gentlemen are kickin butt! Creating opportunities and experiences! I commend them! Thanks for the share!

• Great interview! Thanks for this .

• Something about the new apps he is working on? There was such news some weeks ago... wonder what sort of it could be ;)

• This is great!!!

• This is such a good interview and great insight

I don't really know much about the beat making world (my tastes are eclectic & do listen to some bits and pieces (new Abdu Ali album is ace for example - I think that's hiphop(-ish)?)) - be nice to make something for that audience....

• Thanks everyone for watching!

• Too bad I can't watch it now at work! :lol:
    But thanks for the video, @analog_matt... saved to watch later

• I could watch a million of these, matt. Keep em up. More interviews with more developers!

• @analog_matt clever editing there, I could almost sense like some names got censored out from the video when the new apps were discussed :D

• Smart guy. I like what he had to say. Very smart. We need more people out there thinking this way.

• Never even heard of this guy.. Just picked up Fly tape and has everyone seen his msx website? Really great samples , each volume is like $29. High quality stuff .

• edited May 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited May 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited May 2019

@EyeOhEss said:
    I felt like people weren’t too impressed with this guys apps from what I read in previous threads? Recommended?

Seems there’s always some folks that are skeptical of new developers...

If folks would have had a chance to see this interview when his apps came out, they’d see that MSimp is a good dude, making great apps! 👍

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @EyeOhEss said:

@analog_matt said:

@EyeOhEss said:
    I felt like people weren’t too impressed with this guys apps from what I read in previous threads? Recommended?

If folks would have had a chance to see this interview when his apps came out, they’d see that MSimp is a good dude, making great apps! 👍

I don’t think any negativity was based on scepticism of a new developer? It was just regular honest feedback on the apps themselves ;)

From memory the omission of latch, bad automation functionality, latency etc. Seemed like the apps were just a little under cooked. Maybe there was an update that I missed though?

Another excellent interview.

I thought the apps were overhyped as well. Love the BM3 sample packs though.

• I love their sample packs, attitude and company, they make really simple to use apps that take the time it takes to get results and make them immediate so you can spend more time creating...
    I've wanted to love fly tape as it truly sounds great and is fun to play, however I find it very difficult to use in the chain as it adds a big delay to the sound it's processing... For example if you have a synth line being driven by fugue machine then add fly tape as an effect, change some parameters, the audio is now 2-3 seconds behind the actual sequence and so it is unusable in live situations...
    If you record the audio you have to trim it to clear the empty space before the audio starts recording... Bummer and hopefully it's something they can resolve.... This is without using half speed by the way, but as soon as I adjust the pitch it immediately goes out of sync

• @EyeOhEss said:

@analog_matt said:

@EyeOhEss said:

I don’t think any negativity was based on scepticism of a new developer? It was just regular honest feedback on the apps themselves ;)

From memory the omission of latch, bad automation functionality, latency etc. Seemed like the apps were just a little under cooked. Maybe there was an update that I missed though?

The first two apps were very poor; all of the things you mentioned are correct. That does not preclude him being a smart, good fellow or mean that future apps will be of the same quality, before anyone decides to get defensive. And of course, there were some that loved the first two apps.

• His sample packs sound great though.

• Ok...I think his team is working on a DAW😂

• Hadn’t had the time to watch the video. Is he touching on the apps he has in the pipeline? Excited what this would be. The other two dirt and cassette are quite cool plugs

• @EyeOhEss
    have a lot of friends with ipads with apps on them. They just prefer the physicality/precision/screen size etc of hardware/desktop.

Thus is interesting to me, because i feel it in exact opposite way :-) My musicmaking yournwy started somewher in early '90s with trackers, then sequencers.. had also lot of HW synths.. iPad is for me lot more about physicality/precision than desktop.. Especially precision in terms of comoaring using mouse vs. using touchscreen - or me touchscreen is waaaay much better - i feel lot more direct contact with app, which is lot mire inspiring ..

using iPad is for me like mixing together best parts of using desktops apps and hardware synths/sequencers.

Maybe it’s a generation thing that’ll eventually disappear but I can’t see the point in squaring one up against the other. Just enjoy what works best for each task/situation and forget about everyone else and comparing/competing

This ! It's same like SW vs HW, analog vs. digital, vynil vs. cd, etc etc.. diesn't make any sense, it's another oplatform with advantages and disadvantages..

both (desktops/notebooks and tables) will be replaced by direct brain interface in next 15 years :)))

• @Paa89 said:
    Ok...I think his team is working on a DAW😂

no way really ?