Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Move AudioShare files to music library?

Can’t figure out if there is a way to move music files that are in AudioShare to the music app on the iPad so they show up for other apps using the iTunes library.
I’m using ios 12. Thanks

Comments

• @Antkn33 said:
    Can’t figure out if there is a way to move music files that are in AudioShare to the music app on the iPad so they show up for other apps using the iTunes library.
    I’m using ios 12. Thanks

Nope. The music library is sandboxed. Apps can copy out of the library but not into it.

• You can use audioshares built in WiFi to dump the files to your computer than add the files to iTunes that way

• @stuck80s said:
    You can use audioshares built in WiFi to dump the files to your computer than add the files to iTunes that way

“What’s a computer?”
    That’s the tag line from an iPad Pro commercial.
    Those damn comedians.
    :D

• Maybe... Apple will ditch this stupid files sandbox shit in iOS 13?
    Oh boy that would a day 👍🏼😎

• edited May 2019

@david_2017 so that iOS becomes just like Android -- a security and "This application has stopped" nightmare? ;) (sorry!) Even modern desktop operating systems don't give users full access to the filesystem without applying severe hacks.

EDIT: Yeah, but maybe a red "atomic bomb" switch somewhere in settings that lifts all such restrictions with a clear warning that this completely voids the warranty, for "power users", would be desirable -- there I agree. But probably there's already an EU law that makes that illegal to "protect people from themselves"...

• Can’t be a replacement for a laptop if you can’t move files around .... like a laptop.

• @SevenSystems said:
    @david_2017 so that iOS becomes just like Android -- a security and "This application has stopped" nightmare? ;) (sorry!) Even modern desktop operating systems don't give users full access to the filesystem without applying severe hacks.

EDIT: Yeah, but maybe a red "atomic bomb" switch somewhere in settings that lifts all such restrictions with a clear warning that this completely voids the warranty, for "power users", would be desirable -- there I agree. But probably there's already an EU law that makes that illegal to "protect people from themselves"...

Isn’t this what jailbreaking is all about?

• @CracklePot said:

@SevenSystems said:

Isn’t this what jailbreaking is all about?

Yes. I'm just saying they could include a simple "Jailbreak" button in Settings. But well. Car manufacturers don't include a "Disable all safety systems" button either. Probably there's a reason... :)

• @Antkn33 said:
    Can’t be a replacement for a laptop if you can’t move files around .... like a laptop.

Except that if you buy apps from the windows AppStore to run on your laptop it’s pretty tricky to move files around on a laptop......

• @SevenSystems
    oh ja... right you are. But what I meant was a more fluid and open copying and pasting of let’s say audio files and samples... maybe from a thumb drive thing, or a än external harddrive,... that would be indeed really cool. Only jpg files for now are importable and moveable. This could come in handy for audio production and even more haha

• @david_2017 said:
    @SevenSystems
    oh ja... right you are. But what I meant was a more fluid and open copying and pasting of let’s say audio files and samples... maybe from a thumb drive thing, or a än external harddrive,... that would be indeed really cool. Only jpg files for now are importable and moveable. This could come in handy for audio production and even more haha

Not sure where you got that from? Using the Files app, any type of file is accessible and movable / copyable etc...? But maybe we're talking about two different things. You're right though that thumb drives currently can't be accessed directly through any iOS app AFAIK.

• wimwim
    edited May 2019

@SevenSystems said:
    Not sure where you got that from? Using the Files app, any type of file is accessible and movable / copyable etc...?

But not to the iTunes music library.

• @wim said:

@SevenSystems said:
    Not sure where you got that from? Using the Files app, any type of file is accessible and movable / copyable etc...?

No that's true. I don't use iTunes for music for many reasons, that being one of them.

• iTunes library doesn’t seem to be accessible from the files app.

@SevenSystems said:

@wim said:

@SevenSystems said:

No that's true. I don't use iTunes for music for many reasons, that being one of them.