Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Klevgrand Brusfri - getting audio clicks and crackle Anyone else. Damn Its meant to delete noise

edited April 2019 in Other

It is very annoying. Its not the settings because it works sometimes then other times audio glitches.

Comments

• This app was suggested to me from another post. I have yet to buy it due to the fact it hasn’t been updated in over a year. I emailed the developer asking if they planned on an update but haven’t heard back.

So, thanks for posting your issues.

• wimwim
    edited April 2019

Never had a single problem. It’s probably pretty CPU heavy, so setting buffers higher in the host might help.

One can always record with the noise, then run the file through Brusfri offline and save the cleaned up file.

@nic_b_nice not being updated isn’t necessarily a problem. There are two ways to look at that - maybe it is quality work that doesn’t need a bunch of bug fixes. Just sayin’.

• Only thing I can think of is cpu overload. Will it go away after increasing buffer settings? I love Brusfri, but it is a lot more cpu intensive than I thought it would be.

• @wim @ipluckthestring will try the buffer settings Thanks

• @nic_b_nice said:
    This app was suggested to me from another post. I have yet to buy it due to the fact it hasn’t been updated in over a year. I emailed the developer asking if they planned on an update but haven’t heard back.

So, thanks for posting your issues.

@nic_b_nice cool. It might be the buffer settings. Will let you know

• wimwim
    edited April 2019

@ipluckthestring said:
    Only thing I can think of is cpu overload. Will it go away after increasing buffer settings? I love Brusfri, but it is a lot more cpu intensive than I thought it would be.

It’s doing a lot. I’m surprised it can be used live at all frankly. Usually noise reducers are simply gates that block all sound (including good sound) under a certain threshold. Busfrei does a lot more than that, actually extracting the noise profile from the sound itself. That’s a whole ‘nother thing and way more difficult.

If I’m running into CPU challenges, I use a noise gate just to keep the noise at bay while I practice a part, then take it off, record, then get the noise profile in Busfrei and process the file offline.

• @wim said:
    Never had a single problem. It’s probably pretty CPU heavy, so setting buffers higher in the host might help.

One can always record with the noise, then run the file through Brusfri offline and save the cleaned up file.

@nic_b_nice not being updated isn’t necessarily a problem. There are two ways to look at that - maybe it is quality work that doesn’t need a bunch of bug fixes. Just sayin’.

No doubt. It’s just I don’t want to spend $15 (I know it’s not a lot) on an app that does one thing, especially if the app looks to be forgotten/abandonware.

• McDMcD
    edited April 2019

Is there an AUv3 Gate App? I probably own a couple already but I need a light weight gate for my live guitar chain which keeps growing. I’m going to configure a pedal to turn FX on and off like old school.

Brusfri is wonderful for noisy mic recording but it’s cpu heavy so best used post process.

• @McD said:
    Is there an AUv3 Gate App? I probably own a couple already but I need a light weight gate for my live guitar chain which keeps growing. I’m going to configure a pedal to turn FX on and off like old school.

Brusfri is wonderful for noisy mic recording but it’s cpu heavy so best used post process.

@McD https://appadvice.com/app/noise-gate-auv3-plugin/1436698776

• Hokusai may be a an alternative:

Hokusai Audio Editor by Wooji Juice Ltd
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hokusai-audio-editor/id432079746?l=en&mt=8

It works a bit different, but I read people who even prefer it over Brusfri.
    As far as I know, only offline use, not as effect to remove noise.

• @tja said:
    Hokusai may be a an alternative:

Hokusai Audio Editor by Wooji Juice Ltd
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hokusai-audio-editor/id432079746?l=en&mt=8

It works a bit different, but I read people who even prefer it over Brusfri.
    As far as I know, only offline use, not as effect to remove noise.

@tja thanks - I tried this in the past but yes its offline only .

• @McD said:

If you already own it, FAC Envolver has a noise gate

• @wim said:

@ipluckthestring said:
    Only thing I can think of is cpu overload. Will it go away after increasing buffer settings? I love Brusfri, but it is a lot more cpu intensive than I thought it would be.

It’s doing a lot. I’m surprised it can be used live at all frankly. Usually noise reducers are simply gates that block all sound (including good sound) under a certain threshold. Busfrei does a lot more than that, actually extracting the noise profile from the sound itself. That’s a whole ‘nother thing and way more difficult.

If I’m running into CPU challenges, I use a noise gate just to keep the noise at bay while I practice a part, then take it off, record, then get the noise profile in Busfrei and process the file offline.

Process offline? Do you mean resample / print the output so you can offload the plugin?

@stormbeats have not had any issues with this plugin at all. I can run five on a 2018 Pro before getting stuttering.

• wimwim
    edited April 2019

@Treesarenice said:
    Process offline? Do you mean resample / print the output so you can offload the plugin?

Yes.

• @wim said:

@Treesarenice said:

Yes.

Thanks

• wimwim
    edited April 2019

@Treesarenice said:

@wim said:

@Treesarenice said:

Yes.

Thanks

I’ve only ever needed to do that once, and I only have an air 2. That was with iBassist and Reggae Drummer running while recording with my guitar into ToneStack and Fiddlicator. Pretty heavy load there and I wanted low latency. Otherwise it would have been OK.

• @wim said:

@Treesarenice said:

@wim said:

@Treesarenice said:

Yes.

Thanks

I’ve only ever needed to do that once, and I only have an air 2. That was with iBassist and Reggae Drummer running while recording with my guitar into ToneStack and Fiddlicator. Pretty heavy load there and I wanted low latency. Otherwise it would have been OK.

I have got better results with Brusfri than with audacity.

• edited May 2019

@McD said:

AD Filterstation2, again, is not only a nice envelope-controlled gate (in VCA mode) but when used with the 2-pole low pass filter, much better at reducing noise in a musical way than a noise gate. Not as powerful as brusfri but in some cases better suited to the application.
    I must admit that I try to avoid noise gates completely because I think they're just too stupid (or should I say brute-force?) when applied to recorded audio tracks.

• Probably one of the only 4pockets apps I haven't picked up yet.

@jipumarino said:
    If you already own it, FAC Envolver has a noise gate

Sweet. I do have it. You are probably right. I could just turn off the CC and MIDI output and use the gate and keep it CPU friendly.

@rs2000 said:
    AD Filterstation2

Good call. I love that App for a low cost EQ that's easy to hear the changes with a great GUI.
    Like a low cost Pro-Q 2 app for anyone on a budget.

• I cannot select Brusfri in the AudioShare recorder as AUv3. Am I missing something?

• @wim said:

Same here ..no problem here .. but as mentioned it’s cpu heavy... u might want to open it in aum and check cpu Meter...

• @Iskander said:
    I cannot select Brusfri in the AudioShare recorder as AUv3. Am I missing something?

You cannot load AUs in AudioShare. IAA only (if I'm not wrong)

• Hello. Does Brusfri work in Cubasis 3? I can’t see it in Cubasis 3’s insert AU effects.
    If I’m missing something, kindly guide me to the right direction. Thanks All.

• @Zildjam said:
    Hello. Does Brusfri work in Cubasis 3? I can’t see it in Cubasis 3’s insert AU effects.

Hmmm. I see it just fine and I’m on iPad pro iOS 14.

• @onerez said:

@Zildjam said:
    Hello. Does Brusfri work in Cubasis 3? I can’t see it in Cubasis 3’s insert AU effects.

Thanks for spending the time to comment @onerez. I got it fixed already. I tried using Brusfri in AUM first. Then rebooted my ipad. It now shows up in Cubasis3.

• @Zildjam said:

@onerez said:

@Zildjam said:

Thanks for spending the time to comment @onerez. I got it fixed already. I tried using Brusfri in AUM first. Then rebooted my ipad. It now shows up in Cubasis3.

Yes I am having to reboot my ipad more often with iOS 14. Hope they get this sh%$ worked out. 🤪

• @onerez said:

@Zildjam said:

@onerez said:

@Zildjam said:

Yes I am having to reboot my ipad more often with iOS 14. Hope they get this sh%$ worked out. 🤪

👍😁