Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Moog Matriarch

Moog introduces a nice new synth, theMatriarch: https://moogmusic.com/media/matriarch-place-time-memory

Comments

• edited April 2019

Hard to tell at moment.

The less than interesting promo did everything but excite me about it.

MOOG needs to just be MOOG and not TRY TO be hip.

MOOG is HIP.

They don't need to try and be.

• Looks lovely. I'm 100% certain without further detail that:

1) It sounds amazing
    2) It is something I'd want
    3) It is top notch quality
    4) It is well out of my price range.

All per usual with Moog.

• Looks like a larger grandmother, a Great Grandmother haha
    I want that little Sirin moog box. My desk can’t handle or fit any of these big bad synths.

• edited April 2019

@RUST( i )K said:
    Hard to tell at moment.

MOOG is HIP.

Think I know what you mean but they have to sell also to be able to continue their business.

• What on earth is the matter with those stupid brain dead fuckers? Another useless synth with a jack labelled “S&H” but absolutely no fucking way to send a signal in to the S&H to actually be sampled and then held until the next clock. What are we supposed to do, drill our own fucking hole ourselves? Useless bastards.

• @u0421793 said:
    What on earth is the matter with those stupid brain dead fuckers? Another useless synth with a jack labelled “S&H” but absolutely no fucking way to send a signal in to the S&H to actually be sampled and then held until the next clock. What are we supposed to do, drill our own fucking hole ourselves? Useless bastards.

It's probably normalled to a white noise source.

• @u0421793 said:
    What on earth is the matter with those stupid brain dead fuckers? Another useless synth with a jack labelled “S&H” but absolutely no fucking way to send a signal in to the S&H to actually be sampled and then held until the next clock. What are we supposed to do, drill our own fucking hole ourselves? Useless bastards.

@u0421793 you seem angry and terrified. Damn it’s the end of the world huh

• @bert said:

@RUST( i )K said:
    Hard to tell at moment.

MOOG is HIP.

Think I know what you mean but they have to sell also to be able to continue their business.

I hear you.

I just think the very limited selected demographically stratified players in the way it is presented makes me a bit queasy.

Ableton I get with an ad like that.

Reason.

Of course.

But, I expect a little more legacy and robustly inspiring advertising from MOOG.

But that is me.

I also am a little confused as to what the end game is for the semi mod family of synths.

So, I am intersted to see if this Matriarch is complimentary or competitive to the Grandmother.

Either way, I love MOOG.

I guess I care too much.....wipes eyes.......

• @u0421793 said:

That would make for a random signal......

rim shot.......

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@u0421793 said:

But there’s no opportunity to break that normalled choice made for me by someone else. It needs a break-jack. I don’t want to be stuck with noise as the input all the time, that’d be ridiculous and boring.

• Could be called 'Moog Mono/Poly' :)

• @u0421793 said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@u0421793 said:

But there’s no opportunity to break that normalled choice made for me by someone else. It needs a break-jack. I don’t want to be stuck with noise as the input all the time, that’d be ridiculous and boring.

You know this is the internet, you aren't allowed to say anything but flattering and kind things about all items.

Please re write your posts and say how amazing this is.

Or I am reporting you. ;)

• @RUST( i )K said:

@u0421793 said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@u0421793 said:

You know this is the internet, you aren't allowed to say anything but flattering and kind things about all items.

Please re write your posts and say how amazing this is.

Or I am reporting you. ;)

Okay. It looks better than a Korg MS-20. (Except that the MS-20 has all three jacks of the S&H exposed).

• Even names seem to get toxic nowadays, strange because we never had a Moog Patriarch, probably the next Moog will be called Moog Trans ;)

• Sounds nice...but for some reason the color scheme makes me crave ice cream... 🍨 🍦 🍦

• edited April 2019

I initially thought there was no MIDI but I was wrong.

• edited April 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @u0421793 said:

They've been calling random "S&H" on synths for a long time. Take a look at your SH-09...

Send me your 2600 so I can fix it. <3

• Overpriced, as always. But really, REALLY, loving what I’m hearing!

• I'll wait for the Apewoman having just got a Grandmother.

And I agree with Moog and their lame targeted demographic for their promos. It's beyond boring. I wanna see an old classic like Manual Gottsching use it, or someone modern carrying on the spirit of those pioneers. That vid was supposed to be filmed in each artist's home; why did it feel like they all lived in the same house, with a shared master record collection and huge amount of kitschy trinkets and 'cool' books?

• @oat_phipps said:
    I'll wait for the Apewoman having just got a Grandmother.

And I agree with Moog and their lame targeted demographic for their promos. It's beyond boring. I wanna see an old classic like Manual Gottsching use it, or someone modern carrying on the spirit of those pioneers. That vid was supposed to be filmed in each artist's home; why did it feel like they all lived in the same house, with a shared master record collection and huge amount of kitschy trinkets and 'cool' books?

It's trying too hard I agree but there is worse and it's still a nice presentation overall.

Manuel* Gottsching had his time. Max Ravitz is pretty damn good IMO.

• Wait – am I watching the same video? That was pretty benign. It was a nice warm vibe and the music was mostly good.

• @mannix said:
    Even names seem to get toxic nowadays, strange because we never had a Moog Patriarch, probably the next Moog will be called Moog Trans ;)

Yeah, when do the GUYS get to have something named after them?
    ;)

• @BroCoast said:

@oat_phipps said:

It's trying too hard I agree but there is worse and it's still a nice presentation overall.

Jesus...nothing annoys me more about getting older than having random spelling slips and not catching them. It's only started in the past couple years and I hope it doesn't get worse. Maybe I can sit in on a 2nd grade spelling class or something

• @oat_phipps said:

@BroCoast said:

@oat_phipps said:

Jesus...nothing annoys me more about getting older than having random spelling slips and not catching them. It's only started in the past couple years and I hope it doesn't get worse. Maybe I can sit in on a 2nd grade spelling class or something

I took it to be a clever pun on an artist who eschewed automation.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@oat_phipps said:

@BroCoast said:

@oat_phipps said:

You must've aced your 2nd-grade tact class! :p

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@oat_phipps said:

@BroCoast said:

@oat_phipps said:

:D

My apologies Oat. That was clever!

I think Blackouts was the first album he used a step sequencer on.

• edited April 2019

@oat_phipps said:

Was so hipster 😂
    books they have neverread
    Records they have never listened to
    Trinkets they " found at the thrift store"
    No thanks

• @BroCoast said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@oat_phipps said:

@BroCoast said:

@oat_phipps said:

:D

My apologies Oat. That was clever!

I think Blackouts was the first album he used a step sequencer on.

I was blown away when I learned New Age of Earth was all by hand.

• When something is too expensive to contemplate I like to make an acronym
    of it's name and only use the acronym to refer to it:

"Go to armchair M."

Of course, I cheat and use internet anagram solvers but it distracts me.
    What we're we writing about? Someone was really pissed off.

Sir... "Go to armchair M". Someone will come out when it's time for your procedure and take you back. You fasted today right?