Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DELUGE: Did we talk about this? This is crazy

Comments

• Man.

Maybe this instead of a Digitone..........but mom it is not that much more.....LOL

• Anyone know if the Deluge has increased in price over the past year or since release?

• @Oblique said:
    I sold my little collection of grooveboxes with the specific purpose of getting one of these, but double doh, I didn't factor in shipping and import tax so I'm still way short! To add insult to injury I was offered one for £600 on eBay which I deliberated for too long (whilst waiting for the sale of one of said grooveboxes), and that sold shortly after. So now I'm moping around grooveboxless. Can someone say something to cheer me up please? Grooverider GR16 is helping to ease the pain a little ...

Aphelian comes out tomorrow. You can still get it at the promo price of £9.99. It goes up to £17.99 in a few weeks time. It can do things that Deluge can’t.

• edited January 2019

@SpookyZoo said:
    Anyone know if the Deluge has increased in price over the past year or since release?

If I remember correctly, the Deluge had a reduced price for pre-orderers shortly before it entered the market. Since then, the normal price has been constant.

• They've really put a lot of thought into the software. Reminds me a bit of GrooveRider - not in terms of functionality but in terms of depth.

• Afters +30 years working with synths and samplers it is a completely new feeling for me to be provided with such groundbreaking improvements after buying a piece of hardware.

However, for my personal taste the Deluge's functionality as a groovebox is pretty complete now. I hope that the developer will now take care of some "unspectacular" improvements, e. g. smoother fx algorithms, audio thru, single track export etc.

• @robosardine said:

Aphelian comes out tomorrow. You can still get it at the promo price of £9.99. It goes up to £17.99 in a few weeks time. It can do things that Deluge can’t.

like what?

• @kobamoto said:

@robosardine said:

like what?

Instantly and flexibly reshaping the sequencer timeline geometry.

• edited January 2019

hmmm... intrigued

• Looks like firmware 3.0 is going to include live looping.

Back on the GAS list. Sigh.

• Sold mine just three months ago… hope I can keep the itch at bay

• QWERTY Mode looks pretty handy for finding patches and samples.

Wonder if that will inspire a future switch to an even slightly higher resolution screen? Not full on digitakt type resolution because it doesn't seem to really be needed but a bump from 7-segment LED to 14-segment with smaller characters (so same physical space) would let you see a lot more! No matter how many videos I watch, sample browsing never ever looks pleasant (let alone easy).

• how do you guys feel about the sounds of the Fx?

• I have a feeling I'm going to cave in this one sooner rather than later now.

• Uggggh. This is like Xynthesizr meets Modstep meets Samplr meets...dear God it’s so beautiful.

• Most of the other music hardware I've had I eventually sold. Not this one.

• @kobamoto said:
    how do you guys feel about the sounds of the Fx?

They're mostly fine, but I guess I'm too spoiled by the tons of options I have in iOS now. The delay in particular was a glaring problem for me because the feedback and level were tied together (I don't know if that's still the case). It is excellent for getting down ideas quickly from scratch, and the fact that you can start with an internal synth track and turn it into MIDI (to, say, drive DRC or Zeeon), makes for an awesome workflow.

• @syrupcore said:
    Looks like firmware 3.0 is going to include live looping.

Back on the GAS list. Sigh.

For me the deluge is the most interesting piece of hardware I would like to have under my fingers! 😊

One thing I may don’t like is the display.
    I would love to see to an ipad app what will support the deluge. Like Teenage Engineering have done with the OP-Z app...

Sadly we can not buy the deluge in our local music stores. We need to order directly from New Zealand.
    Complicated... 😎

• Yeah, it's the import fees that so far have kept me away.

• @Tarekith said:
    Yeah, it's the import fees that so far have kept me away.

you still in the uk?

• I dunno, I've been on the fence for a bit with this one... when it was first announced I pre-ordered and then canceled, then waited for good enough sampling features improvements came, waited for sequencer improvements and they came, but the Fx in that looping video sound like CxxP to my trusty ole ears, and I'm kind of worried that the next version will be much better. The other thing is that the way the video is cut in the first half it doesn't show the looping method clearly for my level of head density, instead of hear what you see it looks like hear what you thought you saw and then insert video cut etc... On top of that the second half of the video looks like it's mainly about clip mode features and Fx and I'm not sure if the clip mode features and FX I get in the mpc live would make this redundant or not.

but... I think if it had the follow action features of ableton live or more importantly the 7up app for monome, it would be hard to resist. I really want a stand alone monome, needing no computer that runs it's own samples and this is probably the closest thing.

btw what is holding up Hermutt Lobby with the sample import for the PlayGround App... Seriously!!!

• @chandroji said:
    Sadly we can not buy the deluge in our local music stores. We need to order directly from New Zealand.
    Complicated... 😎

Yar. This is the thing for me. I trust that it's good and all but that's just a whole lotta money to spend (for me anyway!) without actually messing with it first. Surely I could sell it quickly but I'd probably have to knock 50-100 off which is a spendy amount for a test drive.

• I have most of the iOS music apps. Since I got the Deluge I don't use them much. Maybe a few minutes here or there. The Deluge is so much more interactive and rewarding when composing tracks. It really is a fine instrument that's a pleasure to use. With all of the new features arriving regularly, it is a better instrument now than when I originally purchased it.

• @kobamoto said:

@Tarekith said:

you still in the uk?

Never been UK, I'm a US boy :)

• @Tarekith said:

@kobamoto said:

@Tarekith said:

you still in the uk?

thought you had taken a little hiatus from Seattle for a bit, btw I read the other day that people are leaving Seattle, have you noticed anything like that?

• You can order through Reverb.com although it seems they’re sold out till Christmas.I really do hate the display though. Anyone checked out Akai Force? Does it compare favorably ?

• @Telstar5 said:
    You can order through Reverb.com although it seems they’re sold out till Christmas.I really do hate the display though. Anyone checked out Akai Force? Does it compare favorably ?

if there was only an akai force close to the size of the deluge , that thing is huge

• it has it’s issues just like everything else. love it for the commute.

• @kobamoto said:

@Tarekith said:

@kobamoto said:

@Tarekith said:

you still in the uk?

thought you had taken a little hiatus from Seattle for a bit, btw I read the other day that people are leaving Seattle, have you noticed anything like that?

Yeah we were in Luxembourg for a few years, but back in Seattle since 2016. I haven't noticed anyone leaving though, seems like more people are arriving daily to me.

• @jollyDodger said:

it has it’s issues just like everything else. love it for the commute.

Nice setup! What pad is that?