Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Moog-Apps (Model D, Model 15, Animoog) on Sale

Hello,

the Moog-Apps are now on sale.
I just bought all three of them ;-)

Alex

Comments

• You did good

• My God, I love Animoog. But I just dug up an old AUM session — why no state saving!? And why didn't I rename the preset!

• I use Model D all the time.

I often forget about Model 15 since it gets a bad rap as a resource hog. And then I remember and HOLY HELL THIS SOUNDS AMAZING!

Model 15 is one that I seriously need to spend some time with. These apps are completely worth it at any price.

Now - when the hell are we going to get Filtatron as an Auv3?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    My God, I love Animoog. But I just dug up an old AUM session — why no state saving!? And why didn't I rename the preset!

It will be a banner day when Animoog gets AUv3 support and a way to import/export timbres and presets via access to the Files app functionality.

• Recent updates to Model 15 and Model D noted that they made some AUv3 related performance improvements.

I'm not sure how it was before, and have done zero actual research, but it currently feels comparable to dropping in a Volt or Zeeon AU into my AUM session in terms of the CPU hit.

• @PFAUX said:
    Recent updates to Model 15 and Model D noted that they made some AUv3 related performance improvements.

I'm not sure how it was before, and have done zero actual research, but it currently feels comparable to dropping in a Volt or Zeeon AU into my AUM session in terms of the CPU hit.

Mmm, I haven't played with it much either but if that's the case that is totally fantastic news

• Did someone say Animoog got AUv3! This is amazing news.......oh.....wait, well let’s start the rumor anyway. :p

• @PFAUX said:
    Recent updates to Model 15 and Model D noted that they made some AUv3 related performance improvements.

Definitely a slight improvement. I can run either at 128 samples now without crackles which was never possible for me before.

• We Need to all email moog and beg for animoog au !!! We can do this

• Yeah. I’m still waiting on animoog au. I like finding stuff as i left it.

• Anyone know if the IAPs are on sale as well?

• edited April 2019

You are all very naughty. You’ve forced me to buy Model D and Animoog :blush:

• @busker said:
    Anyone know if the IAPs are on sale as well?

I’ve no idea! But I just purchased the Midi out for £3.99

• @ricksteruk said:

@busker said:

As someone that only knows a little about midi lol.... What good would midi out from animoog do for your set up ?
    I honestly don't know..
    I use midi apps like rozeta, Fugue machine, steppolyarp etc to send midi TO synths but sending midi from a synth ?? Where does it go and what does it do??

• edited April 2019

@reasOne said:

@ricksteruk said:

@busker said:

As someone that only knows a little about midi lol.... What good would midi out from animoog do for your set up ?
    I honestly don't know..
    I use midi apps like rozeta, Fugue machine, steppolyarp etc to send midi TO synths but sending midi from a synth ?? Where does it go and what does it do??

I’m really enjoying the experience of playing on the Animoog keyboard - the way it allows control of various parameters (not sure if it changes per patch or if it’s always the same controller mapped to a different parameter)

Anyhow I’d like to be able to record the midi that I’m playing out from Animoog so I can sequence and hopefully edit it as well. I’ve been using iFretless bass in a similar way - and also sometimes using it to control other MPE synths.

• I’m really enjoying Animoog for its creative weirdness and Model D for its awesome sounds. Both are really inspirational apps. Will they force me to get Model 15? I’m not sure if I’ll do a lot of modular connecting and sound designs - does it also have a good set of presets?

What can Model 15 give me that Model D can’t?

• @ricksteruk said:
    I’m really enjoying Animoog for its creative weirdness and Model D for its awesome sounds. Both are really inspirational apps. Will they force me to get Model 15? I’m not sure if I’ll do a lot of modular connecting and sound designs - does it also have a good set of presets?

What can Model 15 give me that Model D can’t?

I’ve not once use the modular connections in Model 15. Clueless on that.
    You just have to hear it. One of a kind.
    Having said that, Model D is a close second or maybe Animoog. Seriously, you could put them all in a hat and pick one. You can’t go wrong.
    I got them all at sale price some time ago. Makes it even sweeter. IMO the best out there.
    Oh and BASSalicious also on sale. My top 4. FWIW.

• @reasOne said:

@ricksteruk said:

@busker said:

I honestly don't know..

That X/Y in Animoog is pretty handy for controlling other stuff. The keyboard is self explanatory.

• I emailed Moog a couple weeks ago about Filtatron AUv3:

“Hey Nic,

Thank you for the kind words and support! I will add this to our feature request doc.

Best,
    Jared”

So, like mentioned above, more of us need to email or social media Moog so they know!

• And here’s a video I made years ago. You can do some really cool stuff with Filtatron!

• @nic_b_nice said:
    I emailed Moog a couple weeks ago about Filtatron AUv3:

“Hey Nic,

Thank you for the kind words and support! I will add this to our feature request doc.

Best,
    Jared”

So, like mentioned above, more of us need to email or social media Moog so they know!

We really need to! I would kill for animoog au fr... Maybe moog will send me their hit list, we can take a couple of em out... Then get our audio units !!

• edited April 2019

Love Filtatron and used to use it a lot live. I also emailed Moog recently about it as it has become unstable. Received a positive response.

Here’s a bit of footage I have laying around of using Filtatron in performance (I’m controlling drums as well as playing bass here):

This was also back in the simpler days when AudioBus Remote was usable live! That’s another one I’d like to see revived!

• @BroCoast said:

@reasOne said:

@ricksteruk said:

@busker said:

I honestly don't know..

That X/Y in Animoog is pretty handy for controlling other stuff. The keyboard is self explanatory.

Animoog's keyboard was a landmark in user interface design when it was released.
    The midi IAP is the best of the whole app o:)

• @Telefunky said:

@BroCoast said:

@reasOne said:

@ricksteruk said:

@busker said:

I honestly don't know..

Animoog's keyboard was a landmark in user interface design when it was released.
    The midi IAP is the best of the whole app o:)

It still feels cutting edge to me and it came out in 2011!

• Its one of ios best instruments! I forget to use it a lot as it doesn't show in aum under audio units lol... But when I remember I grab it and always have fun!

• edited April 2019

Seriously, you could put them all in a hat and pick one. You can’t go wrong.

I got them all at sale price some time ago. Makes it even sweeter. IMO the best out there.
    Oh and BASSalicious also on sale. My top 4. FWIW.

An expensive sales week for me :-) I got all three moog app and BASSalicious 2 on sale.
    All are very good. ( BASSalicious 2 needs maybe one or two update for bug fixes).

One can not have "to many" base sounds ....

• edited April 2019

@nic_b_nice said:
    I emailed Moog a couple weeks ago about Filtatron AUv3:

“Hey Nic,

Best,
    Jared”

Yep. The missing AUV3 stoped me from buying Filatron.
    I am really looking forward to play my hardware synth thru Filatron some day in the future

• @OscarSouth said:
    Love Filtatron and used to use it a lot live. I also emailed Moog recently about it as it has become unstable. Received a positive response.

Here’s a bit of footage I have laying around of using Filtatron in performance (I’m controlling drums as well as playing bass here):

This was also back in the simpler days when AudioBus Remote was usable live! That’s another one I’d like to see revived!

Nice song!

• Does anyone know if I could expect Moog Model 15 to have a Black Friday sale? I'm holding out for it!

• @andowrites : no idea - but I got all excited when this thread got bumped, coz I thought it might be... I’m in the queue right behind you.