Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget 2 Released

Comments

• @davis_korgrd Regarding 'Live Feedback' when editing the automation date...

Here's a screenshot of Vancouver and the 'Automation Lane'. It would be awesome to have the 'Gadget' reflect the changes made to the automation data when the sequencer is NOT running making detailed edits easier.

The opposite would also be super handy, ie. set the playhead to a specific location and all parameter changes that are made get 'stamped' to the current playhead location when record is enabled. Think of this as 'Electron Style Parameter Locks'.

• @davis_korgrd Is there any 'logic' as to why the 'rec'(The only way to 'monitor' the input in AudioGadgets) of the AudioGadget tracks is disabled when going to edit other Gadgets?

The reason I ask this is that I'd love to use Taipei to sequence my Volca Bass and 'monitor' the sound thru for example Rosario.

Currently this can NOT be done since 'rec' gets disabled as soon as I bump into for example Taipei to edit the sequence...

Another solution here would be to add an additional 'mon'(Monitor) switch the the audio tracks?
    This would be especially handy when using multi-input audio devices...
    (Ie. monitor the external instruments that are sequenced while recording another track).

Looking forward to the next Gadget update :)

• Just in case no one noticed with a nintendo switch and the mighty gadget.... the touchscreen now works for basically everything! The knobs and sliders were my main grip and we are in the money now baby! Also transferring songs is a breeze and you can use projects across platforms (pretty sure). Also the live internet jamming is blowing my mind as simple as it may seem! Its a party blast and you can actually make dope tracks too. Before there was that 5 min game but now they got a no limit cash money mode. You just need good teeth. Really though the nintendo is stepping up with a big very odd choice... nintendo's version is still 1 (updated well tho), the new gadgets are not available and there are supposeldy 2 exclusive gadgets but non to buy. I want to cry that its so odd, I mean why would the switch not be updated with version 2 since they rocked the touchscreen like how it should have been. Oh well Im happy so far they actually care a but. Any questions about version differences are cool for me or you if you know. Peace.

• edited April 2019

Update in the app store now 😊

• Wow export support to 1.0 props. Maybe CZ gadget will happen after all.

• @klownshed said:
    Gadget is on sale. It’s half price.

https://appsliced.co/app?n=korg-gadget&l=list

That kind of news, of course, triggers the typical reaction of iOS musicians:
    Step 1: Wow, I'll buy that immediately
    Step 2: Well, no, I own that already for two years.

At least that's how that usually goes with me...

• @White said:
    Update in the app store now 😊

Looks like they addressed the two biggest complaints, and relatively quickly (for Korg anyway).

• Sequencer is approximately 3,000,000% easier to see. :)

• edited April 2019

If only they would allow Au3...
    ...If only they would allow Au3...
    ...... If only they would allow Au3...
    ......... If only they would allow Au3...
    ............ If only they would allow Au3...

• @Beathoven said:
    Sequencer is approximately 3,000,000% easier to see. :)

Much better! Now it's time to install the Gadget infrastructure on my iPad Pro. :lol: Thank you @davis_korgrd to you AND your team. :)

• Now if we only had a choice to change that blue background again

• edited April 2019

Nice update! On another note, anybody know how to most effectively play the new drum rhythm generator? I thought maybe it was the same as the one in iKaossilator but it seems it plays different. Like am I focusing on going up, going side to side across columns, both, what? Any tips or thoughts appreciated

• Big improvement. You can now zoom out to view all 16 bars at once.

• @db909 said:
    Nice update! On another note, anybody know how to most effectively play the new drum rhythm generator? I thought maybe it was the same as the one in iKaossilator but it seems it plays different. Like am I focusing on going up, going side to side across columns, both, what? Any tips or thoughts appreciated

Haven’t used it much but it seems horizontally you’re presented with 5 different patterns of the selected style/genre. Vertically you get different variations of the same base pattern (going up adds more sounds, etc).

• Very simple and effective little changes. Thank you, Davis Korgposter and Team™.

Not sure about the vertical scaling though — I only had a tiny peek just now but I couldn't figure out how to use it. Pinching didn't work. Anyone?

(I should say, I was kind of relieved pinching didn't work because I hate piano roll interfaces that allow pinching both ways simultaneously — usually I want just one axis or the other, but end up doing both, and it feels loose and disorienting. I think Cubasis is like this, if I remember right...?)

• Still waiting for the return of the project retitling feature though. (Its disappearance feels more like a bug than a deliberate change. So frustrating.)

• @zpxlng said:

Not sure about the vertical scaling though — I only had a tiny peek just now but I couldn't figure out how to use it. Pinching didn't work. Anyone?

Pinch in the area to the left where the piano keys are.

• @zpxlng said:
    Very simple and effective little changes. Thank you, Davis Korgposter and Team™.

(I should say, I was kind of relieved pinching didn't work because I hate piano roll interfaces that allow pinching both ways simultaneously — usually I want just one axis or the other, but end up doing both, and it feels loose and disorienting. I think Cubasis is like this, if I remember

Pinch up/down on the left most part (piano) for vertical zoom. Pinching in the notes area only zooms horizontally regardless of if you pinch vertically or horizontally. So all good.

• R_2R_2
    edited April 2019

@zpxlng said:

Pinch on the keyboard far left.
    Edit: Nevermind, Samu and Peter pinch quicker :D

• @davis_korgrd nice update thanks!!

There is however an issue with Dublin, Montréal, Vancouver, chiangmai, Chicago, Berlin: those Gadgets display white notes, but selecting notes also make notes white. So there is no way to know which notes are actually selected with those gadgets.

This is with latest Gadget, latest iOS12 and iPhone 7 Plus.

• @davis_korgrd We bark but we lick and wag also. Thank you for your efforts!

• @Janosax said:
    @davis_korgrd nice update thanks!!

There is however an issue with Dublin, Montréal, Vancouver, chiangmai, Chicago, Berlin: those Gadgets display white notes, but selecting notes also make notes white. So there is no way to know which notes are actually selected with those gadgets.

Wow, yeah that’s actually a pretty big issue 😳😖

• @LeonKowalski said:

@klownshed said:
    Gadget is on sale. It’s half price.

https://appsliced.co/app?n=korg-gadget&l=list

That kind of news, of course, triggers the typical reaction of iOS musicians:
    Step 1: Wow, I'll buy that immediately
    Step 2: Well, no, I own that already for two years.

At least that's how that usually goes with me...

😂

The number of times I go the App Store to buy something and find I already did long ago.

• Happy to have the vertical zoom and Octave up/down transpose :)

• @Peter321 said:

@Janosax said:
    @davis_korgrd nice update thanks!!

Wow, yeah that’s actually a pretty big issue 😳😖

Just tried that. Yes it is. Mr. Daviiiiiiis?!? 😬

• @db909 said:

Doug has a good video on the drums etc

• edited April 2019

Hey folks - I'm sure lots of you own all the Gadgets :wink:

Can anyone tell me about the Module IAPs? I'm thinking of getting the Orchestral Dreams - will that appear in Glasgow? It says there are 60 Programs and 1.07 GB of data in the module store - and its £9.99 .. that's not on sale is it?

Also do all the Module IAPs work in Gadget? I remember reading something about the Ivory Grand not working in Gadget.. or did I dream it?

one more thing... is it possible to transfer these to the mac version?? or are they there already?? I should check myself instead of asking you guys....

• Well - I just booted up Mac Gadget (v1) - and updated to the new version 1.74 ( I think ) which can now load iOS Gadget 2 files - so that's good news!

I looked in Glasgow and could not see the newest IAPS for Orchestral Dreams and the synth one...

Has anyone bought Gadget 2 for Mac yet?

I was just looking on the Korg Gadget website and it says next to Salzburg..... "*2 Of the expansion sound libraries that can be purchased within the KORG Module app, Ivory Mobile Grand and Ivory Mobile American D is not included with KORG Gadget 2 for Mac."

But it does not have any * next to Glasgow or Montreal - so maybe they do get the newest Module IAPs. It would be good to get someone to confirm either way.

The website does show Taipei, Mephis MS20 and Pompei Polysix as included in the mac version so it's been updated fairly recently.

• Wondering if DeeMax is worth $10.🤔