Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pioneer Toraiz Squid.

Looks high end but fun!

Comments

• Nice... makes you wonder what Jim’s cooking up with GR-16..

• Modstep-in-a-box...

• Think this will be big.

Product: TORAIZ SQUID
    Manufacturer: Pioneer DJ
    Price: $599
    Release Date: End of April, 2019

Unfortunately, for me, this news comes less than 24hrs after I picked up a 2nd hand Squarp Pyramid.

Happily, for me, I have a Squarp Pyramid in my hands. ;)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I LOVE me a hardware sequencer (my rm1x will never leave my desk), but workflow is what makes them (otherwise just use a DAW).

This looks neat, but I’d be surprised if people in the market for a stand-alone sequencer would be sold on a few specs and flashy videos alone. I look forward to a manual and some in depth demos though.

Also looks way too big. One of the main reasons I’m looking at a pyramid now is the small footprint.

• Wonder if Maschine will get a standalone mode because of this since that could crush this. Looks interesting but we have so many options for sequencing on iOS now.

• edited April 2019

Wonder how well this will be supported. The Pioneer Toraiz SP-16 seemed like a perfect Sampler and Sequencer but ultimately they seemed to drop support for it.

Not sure how much better this is compared to an OP-Z...which i am personally loving.

The Squarp Pyramid is also a great little sequencer in a small package.

• Well, I like that this has more buttons that Pyramid and more tangible than OPZ and looks like Maschine workflow.

• @echoopera said:
    Wonder how well this will be supported. The Pioneer Toraiz SP-16 seemed like a perfect Sampler and Sequencer but ultimately they seemed to drop support for it.

Not sure how much better this is compared to an OP-Z...which i am personally loving.

The Squarp Pyramid is also a great little sequencer in a small package.

This SQuiD would definitely have come into my consideration for a hardware sequencer if I knew about it sooner.

The OP-Z was obviously an option..... but I just don’t get it. Every owner seems to love it, but I would certainly miss a screen.

• Octatrack option besides MPC.

Really not many more available that I can think.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yep...it does look promising...will be good to see some LooPop demos once he gets his hands on one :)

• Well damn

• I see the Deluge is getting live looping firmware update. They sure are pushing out the updates to that sequencer. Don’t think Pioneer are that pro active.

• @echoopera said:
    Yep...it does look promising...will be good to see some LooPop demos once he gets his hands on one :)

For Sure. LooPop walkthroughs are the ultimate manual. That dude dives deep.

• edited April 2019

A nice walk thru from Ask Audio

And link to article:
    https://apple.news/ANHoyCtoXOy6FVhwTy6fVwA

• edited May 2019

@EyeOhEss : I too was excited initially but it’s a “No” for me . Squarp wins..
    96ppq on Squarp vs 48 on Squid
    NO SONG MODE on Squid
    I’m getting the Squarp eventually

• @TheDubbyLabby : Does Modstep have all of these features though? This is pretty crazy..

• As controller input probably not as is but you can host some midi fx to do similar things. When I said Modstep in a box I was pointing more towards being the center of multiple hardware sequencing.
    To me the principal pro from hardware over apps is this one button one function the video shows.
    IDK if it worths the money or not since it’s not my cup of tea but seems interesting for all the modular fans for sure.

Thanks for the video and keep posting your findings, please!

• Picked up one of these. For anyone whose interested...

Its great at spitting out ideas and using the direction controls and beat repeats gives you a really quick way to program patterns that would take much longer on other grooveboxes or a DAW.
    I found it much more focuses on per pattern editing as apposed to per step like on Elektron sequencer.
    Don't expect a song mode (only pattern chaining). You cant delete all the notes in a pattern all at once and there is no way I've found to select a step and edit it without triggering a continuous note (not very streamline).

If it wasn't for the directional controls and beat repeat I would be tempted to return it.
    I've got a lot of midi sequencers now and they all have their strengths and weaknesses.
    The squid is nice as it has dedicated buttons for jamming variations on patterns. It is pretty new and does feel a bit unfinished (and makes you realise how well thought out other boxes like Circuit are).

Maybe I should have just learnt how to play keys instead of trying to get machines to do all the work.

• @no1normal said:
    Maybe I should have just learnt how to play keys instead of trying to get machines to do all the work.

There are tools for make that also easy nowadays. Apps like chord tracker, music notepad, chords... but maybe more suited at songwritters than electronic musicians... and some study only makes it even faster and fun from my POV.

• edited May 2019

@TheDubbyLabby said:

@no1normal said:

There are tools for make that also easy nowadays. Apps like chord tracker, music notepad, chords... but maybe more suited at songwritters than electronic musicians... and some study only makes it even faster and fun from my POV.

Agreed, I've learned more and faster recently from machines, apps, videos than I did taking lessons from music teachers as a kid that focused on instrumentality/playing right than composition.

• Never sat through 45 tutorial videos before, but this thing looks amazing - like a Rene, Autony, Rozeta, Aphelian, cykle...all in one. Pads are velocity-sensitive, scales, all those Midi FX...

Works with iPad too, with just a USB cable and CCK (9th video).