Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUv3 for sending midi between apps

Hello

Are there any other apps that function like RouteMIDIApp that allow you to send midi from a track in DAW to an external midi device?

I am attempting to use RouteMIDIApp within N-Track but for some reason it is incompatible and whenever I try to select a midi-out port the conventional way within N-Track the app crashes and causes glitches/delays across the system (other audio app's performance effected)

Any advice would be infinitely appreciated! I am working on an iphone

Thank you!!

Comments

• edited April 2019

You could try Midi tools from Audioveek.
    which has a few plugins including

"MIDI Route: External MIDI routing capabilities. Route MIDI to external hardware, loopback to other tracks or banks. Record MIDI audio units generator output in DAWs which lack the ability to perform complex in-app MIDI routing."

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/midi-tools/id1446209019

I've not used it with hardware yet, but it should work :)

Can't always be sure that N-track is compatible though. but it works with hosts like apeMatrix and AUM etc

• @Carnbot said:
    You could try Midi tools from Audioveek.
    which has a few plugins including

"MIDI Route: External MIDI routing capabilities. Route MIDI to external hardware, loopback to other tracks or banks. Record MIDI audio units generator output in DAWs which lack the ability to perform complex in-app MIDI routing."

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/midi-tools/id1446209019

I've not used it with hardware yet, but it should work :)

Can't always be sure that N-track is compatible though. but it works with hosts like apeMatrix and AUM etc

Thank you for this

Unfortunately it looks like it is only available on ipad- any iphone alternatives?

• wimwim
    edited April 2019

I don’t own N-Track, but the problem you’re describing sounds like a midi loop is happening. Is it possible to disable all midi input to N-Track and then test if selecting midi out in the conventional way works? Just a thought as a possible troubleshooting step.

• @wim said:
    I don’t own N-Track, but the problem you’re describing sounds like a midi loop is happening. Is it possible to disable all midi input to N-Track and then test if selecting midi out in the conventional way works? Just a thought as a possible troubleshooting step.

Genius! thank you~ problem still not fixed but I believe you are correct... currently experimenting trying to get the routing right thank you!