Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus Midi Learn for Dummies

So I haven't bought the IAP because I am a beta tester and wanted to try the Midi learn feature first, but for some strange reason, I've not been able to figure out how to get this to work.
So can someone... anyone please either direct me to a video tutorial, or walk me through getting control over 1 or 2 devices.

Thanks in advance
cc @Michael

Comments

• I mean, its been 86 minutes... where is everybody?? :joy:

OK, I actually haven’t seen any tutorials yet. Sorry no help from me.

• I know Michael is working on a manual update so wait for that?

There is a thread somewhere here on the forums in which several of us discuss the UX.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    I know Michael is working on a manual update so wait for that?

There is a thread somewhere here on the forums in which several of us discuss the UX.

Ok, thanks. I'll search later on. Hopefully, it's not 328761382518327157823 pages.

• @ph8aerror said:

Hopefully, it's not 328761382518327157823 pages.

Yeah, god forbid you have to read to find the answer, instead of just asking somebody to write the same answer out again.

• Wait there's an IAP in AudioBus 3!
    Buy it to say thank for for the forum. Buy it now. I'll wait.

The only IAP I see is AudioBus Remote and I have that.
    Where is it?

• Guess it is that MIDI Learn thingy - haven‘t used that yet

• wimwim
    edited April 2019

@ph8aerror said:
    So I haven't bought the IAP because I am a beta tester and wanted to try the Midi learn feature first, but for some strange reason, I've not been able to figure out how to get this to work.
    So can someone... anyone please either direct me to a video tutorial, or walk me through getting control over 1 or 2 devices.

Thanks in advance
    cc @Michael

I’d take a stab at it, but I don’t really understand the question. “Getting control over 1 or 2 devices”? What does that mean? Did you mean to say apps? If you explain in more detail - specifically what you’d to control and what you’d like to control it with - I’ll see if I can help.

• I'm still writing it, as you'll see, but if you wanna take a read of the in-progress version of the manual, here's the MIDI learn section: https://staging.audiob.us/help/#midi-learn

• @MrBlaschke said:
    Guess it is that MIDI Learn thingy - haven‘t used that yet

Thanks. I must have bought it already and forgot. The BUY button goes away
    and I didn't see a "Restore Purchases" or any clues at all that there's an IAP.

I did buy Loopy for the iPhone but I have every thing except the Merchandize and
    Michael implies he would see much but I'd have a true Music Nerds "uniform"
    to impress all of you here or a coffee cup but there isn't one that holds 30 oz.
    which gives you carpal tunnel issues if used with one hand by the way. It's not all
    coffee just 1 strong shot in a bucket of streamed Almond milk. Neutralize the acid.

• Yo, thanks man, reading through now.

@Michael said:
    I'm still writing it, as you'll see, but if you wanna take a read of the in-progress version of the manual, here's the MIDI learn section: https://staging.audiob.us/help/#midi-learn

• @mistercharlie said:

@ph8aerror said:

Hopefully, it's not 328761382518327157823 pages.

Yeah, god forbid you have to read to find the answer, instead of just asking somebody to write the same answer out again.

Yeah, god forbid having to sift through useless jackass comments like yours.